Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 13:50:12 )

She was silent, but she did stop struggling. Her internal freakout was halted as well, as she recognised that voice. She didn't know why she recognised it, but she knew she did. Along with that, she knew that she was in trouble, but she had to get out of there. It seemed that she may be able to to, as well, as it was very different than when she was with a certain elf in the past.

This captivity seemed to be purely physical. As far as she could tell, there was no mental aspect, which was definitely a relief. Yes, she was bound, yes it seemed to have been done with mana, and yes it was causing a mini freakout within her... but it was something she could handle. Kiah and Ilias had ensured that she could, having bound her a few times over the years she'd been working with them.

She just had to wait for the moment, as much as she wanted to scramble to get out now, she had to wait until she wasn't drawing his attention.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 22:40:22 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Now, then." the voice continued. "All we need is a little serum to help that mana be expelled." he told her, a subtle glee to his voice. "There will be some discomfort... maybe some pain... all right, definitely some pain... but it's... nothing that..." he went on, but trailed off a little, his voice getting a little unsure now for some reason.

"Where...?" he muttered, revealing the reason WHY he was unsure now.

"Oh, where IS that syringe?" he then asked, before she heard some shuffling and clattering, alongside the clinking of glass.

"...hm. Maybe..." he then mumbled, before she heard the distinct sound of a box being grabbed and opened, and the telltale sounds of it being dug through.

This was her moment. He was clearly preoccupied in finding a syringe to inject whatever horrific serum into her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 22:54:09 )

She was silent before trying, again, to get out of the binds that held her. As she listened to his hunting, searching, she continued working at freeing herself, hopefully nice and subtly, as she was reasonably certain that drawing his attention to her as she was doing this would not be good.

Thankfully, his hunting was taking far longer than even he expected, and he ended up leaving the room at one point as well. With that, she managed to finally free herself and climbed, almost drunkenly, to her feet and looked around.

"where.... How the hell do I get out of here...?" She wondered, hoping to find a door, or window, or something. However, her vision was dark, and not in the sense of there wasn't much light in the room. She honestly couldn't see well, and she didn't know why. However, she didn't have the time to worry about that for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 23:11:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she started to fumble around, she heard the man yell out in the distance.

"K! Where are those damned syringes!?" he shouted, as his voice got further and further away. It meant that he was at least FAR more concentrated on finding them, and seemingly blaming someone else.

She stumbled around a little more, before she found what seemed like a door handle... and it was in the opposite direction that she'd heard him go in, meaning there were two entrances to this room.

And she'd found the other one.

A quick check and a tug proved that security really wasn't much of a priority here... it opened easily.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 23:19:27 )

As the door opened, she made her way out of the room without thinking about it, not really worrying about anything other than getting out of there. She was focused on getting out of there, nothing more, nothing less.

As she managed to stagger out of the building and out to the outside, she was silent. She felt the ground beneath her feet, and couldn't help but feel the relief. She was outside. That was a good thing.

She could barely see anything visually, but her mana sight was working. She could see eveything clearly because of that, but ... the forced blindness like that was not something she was interested in, but at the moment she didn't care. For the moment, she had to get as far as she could away from where she was, and she took off running. She had no idea where she was going, as nothing looking familiar, but she didn't care. So long as she was away from wherever it was that she'd woken.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 00:35:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She ran and ran, but didn't seem to see anyone. At all. In fact, from what she could tell, the area that surrounded her, and everything that sprawled ahead of her... was wilderness. Sheer unadulterated wilderness. Nature. However, there was far from a peaceful aura emanating from it. Rather, the opposite. She couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding all around her.

It was undeniable, it was practically palpable.

And her sense of fear was confirmed when she saw a shape ahead of her. One that looked rather... lanky, and canine. Was it a wolf? A coyote? Something else?

Whatever it was, she could tell it intended her harm, because it was coming straight at her... and she could hear its harsh cries, as though it were insane and desperate to get to her... and kill her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 00:41:15 )

She was silent as she saw what she did. The creature was large, and getting larger as it neared her. Sure, it looked to be almost entirely skin and bones, at least that was her guess considering how she could barely physically see it, but the mana signature it had was ridiculously large.

She couldn't process what she was seeing fast enough before it was leaping for her. As it did so, her mana reacted, the black tendrils swirling around her, encasing her. The next thing she knew, she was in what looked to be a rather unkept parking lot, and landed hard.

She dropped to her knees, sill, silent, for a spell. She needed to just let her nerves chill after that, and try to ignore the pain from it all as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 01:09:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She wasn't awarded very much time to chill at all, as she heard footsteps approaching her. Not animal steps, these were human steps. And from what she heard, there were two people approaching her.

"Halt!" one declared.

"Why are you here!?" the second one demanded of her.

"This is protected ground! HE and his influence are not allowed here!" they then commanded further, before the first one nudged her with what felt like the barrel of a firearm.

"Speak up." they growled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 01:17:27 )

She didn't resist, was completely silent, shaking her head.

"I ... I don't..." she started, seeming to close in on herself a bit, a lot, actually.

"No... nononono I ... I'm not..." She tried to start, her voice quivering. She wasn't there for trouble, she was just seeking asylum. She just came back to somewhere she knew she could trust.

.... or at least, she thought she could.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 01:23:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Before she or either of the two could say anything more, an authoritative voice rung out.

"At ease!" the male said. "Back off!" he commanded, causing the two to do so, as the one that had spoke up approached her and knelt down close to her.

"I'm so sorry." he apologised. "They're new." he said.

"Are you all right, Hazel?" he asked her.

"You look absolutely terrified. I'm sorry these two scared you even further." he apologised further.

"I promise you, you've made your way to a safe place."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 01:29:23 )

Hazel was completely silent, didn't know what to make of this, before finally attempting to meet his gaze. He could see that her vision was all but gone, the green that was mixed with her normally storm grey eyes all but proved that. He could see the mana that was in use, but not identify it's use. However, with it around her eyes as it was, it wasn't hard to guess.

She didn't say anything before shaking her head violently, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

She couldn't deny that he was unfamiliar, but ... even if she couldn't place it for the moment, the mana she could see coming off of him was most certainly familiar, strongly so, as well.

"Why...." she started, not sure how to word something, and definitely having a hard time gettin gthe words together for it. This was a bit much for her, and it wasn't hard to guess, either. She was trying to ask why they were acting like that with her, she worked there, didn't she?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 01:59:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Shh, shh." he said quietly.

"It's all right, I'm sure you have questions." he told her.

"I'm sure you're confused and scared, but we'll answer your questions properly, as soon as we remove that nasty blindness from you." he went on, gently placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Come on." he said further.

"Let's get you inside." he said.

"Where you can try and relax."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 02:06:44 )

Hazel reflexively pulled back from his hand, the fear that he'd been able to identify in the movement.

"I.... o... okay." She said quietly, hesitantly. She didn't recognise him, but she did recognise the mana, even if she couldn't identify how or why.

".......just... just okay." She repeated with a small hesitnant nod.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 04:20:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know, I know." he said.

"But I promise you, you ARE safe her." he told her.

"I promised everyone it would be, and I've kept it that way." he went on, before sighing.

"Can you move?" he asked. "Or do you require help?" he asked further.

"Or just a moment to gather yourself?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 04:26:55 )

Hazel was silent for a moment before trying to get to her feet. She was able to, but it was the same as it had been before, when she initially got to her feet back wherever she'd woken.

It was extremely unsteady, and her movements seemed like she'd come out of one of the nearby underground bars. However, her face wasn't flushed, and her words were clear, so it was easy to tell that she wasn't drunk or anything of the sort, her balance was all that was giving that implication.

The last time anyone saw her, even though it had been quite awhile, they hadn't known her to be so unsteady, nor was she nearly blind normally, and her hair was well maintained... not a hacked off mess that it was now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 05:33:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was silent, before raising an eyebrow.

"Uh..." he stammered.

"Hm." he muttered.

"...yeah, come with me." he said. "We'll draw you up a shower and such." he went on.

"You two, back to duty." he told the two that were there.

"SIR, YES SIR!" they declared, before marching off, causing him to sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 05:37:32 )

Hazel didn't say anything before nodding.

"Yeah... thanks." She said.

"Lead the way, then." There was still hesitation to her voice, her words, but at least she wasn't fighting him off. She did, however, still look like a mouse going into the lions den though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 05:54:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was silent, before walking towards the building in front of them, and she felt herself pass by the two sentries. However, when they entered what she knew as the security checkpoint... nothing happened. No Jake asking about her, not even a sign of him. Not a sound. No Izzy, no Mira... nobody.

He led her through some doors, and sighed quietly.

"Welcome back." he said.

"We'd feared the worst." he told her.

"First things first, we need to remove that accursed mana inside you." he then said further.

"It can't be good for you to have it in there."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 06:00:10 )

Hazel was solidly and soundly perplexed. As they walked past the entryway, she just looked over toward where she knew Jake to sit, not entirely able to properly realise it for the moment.

"... Jake out sick or something?" She blurted out before she could stop herself, not even considering that it was possible that something had happened and maybe it was something that was too sore to speak on. She didn't know who she was walking with, and didn't know where Jake was... but she did know who security was there. Or rather, who it should have been.

All in all, her confusion was giving her a headache, and it was starting to occur to her that... maybe she wasn't where she knew.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 06:21:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one she was with paused, almost coming to an abrupt stop. He looked over towards her slowly.

"What did that freak DO to you, Hazel?" he asked her, the sheer venom and bile in that word almost physically hitting her.

"I know it... it was traumatic, Hazel, but... but..." he stammered, before sighing heavily.

"Hazel..." he mumbled.

"Jake's gone." he told her.

"In an attempt to... to save you from THEIR clutches..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.