Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:45:51 )

Hazel was silent before looking around.

"... What did you do to Nix?" She asked as she crossed her arms across her cehst. As it stood, she couldn't protect Nixie while Lindsay had her so close. She also knew that she couldn't really do anything about this, however, she did know that there was a possibility for it.

Hal was a djinn, after all. She had every intention of just wishing Nixie away from Lindsay.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:09:05 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I made her a good little girl." Lindsay replied.

"She put up a little bit of a fight, but all I took was some Doll Daisy extract, combined with some simple Zombidill, and she does whatever she's told." he went on, gently pinching Nixie's cheek.

"Why you..." Drake growled, before Lindsay put a finger up.

"Now, now, now..." he said.

"Patience. The adults are talking." he told him, before laughing at his own joke. The type of unhinged laugh that still managed to send a chill down Hazel's spine, despite it's newfound regidity.

"But there's not much time until it's permanent." he warned. "Decisions need to be made, my darling perpetual test-subject." he told Hazel.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:12:20 )

"You bastard." Hazel growled.

"... Know what? Fine." She said simply before looking to Hal.

".... where is Luci?" She asked, her voice curious, but serious. Over the time she'd been there, she had learned a few things. One being that yes, Drake and her did have something serious, and she'd managed to mostly rekindle that, but also that Luci and Nixie were as close as Cain and Lunet. If this went sour, she knew that he'd want to be there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:26:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Hal mumbled.

"He's-" he started to say, before thinking about it.

"He should be closeby, actually." he told her. "The cafeteria is close to... well, it's near a place where he goes a lot." he said further, glaring at Lindsay and not wanting to give more information.

"...why?" he then asked.

Lindsay meanwhile, seemed gleeful that Hazel was cooperating, but he had a quizzical expression to him as well.

"What are you planning, my dear?" he asked her almost tauntingly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:48:02 )

"Can you get him here? I know him and Nix are close." Hazel said as she returned her gaze to Lindsay.

"Let's make it easier. I wish Luscious was here, now." She then said, not looking away from the madman in front of her.

"Because... I think this is something that he needs to be here for." She added, making some plans. She didn't know quite how her mana was, but she could control it a little bit. Enough to hopefully do what she planned to.

And if she couldn't, then she'd have two djinns to upgrade her power, so to speak.

She knew she had to take Lindsay out, after all. Even if she died trying, she had to do it now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 02:08:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before snapping his fingers. As he did so, Lucius appeared beside him, clearly confused.

"Wha...? What's going-?" he started to ask, before he noticed Nixie and Lindsay.

"NIXIE!" he exclaimed, but Hal put a hand on his shoulder to stop him from doing anything rash.

"...seems Hazel has an idea." he told him.

"Looks like it." Lindsay agreed with a chuckle.

"Know what? I'm intrigued." he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Whatever it is you have in that head of yours, let's see it." he told her.

"All is futile when compared to the advancement of knowledge, so let's turn this INTO some knowledge." he declared with a louder laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 02:11:25 )

Hazel was silent.

"Hal, Luci, you two may need to work together on this. I don't know." She said simply.

"I wanted you here, Luci... just in case this goes south.... Just in case I needed the power of both of you." She added before sighing.

"Firstly.... I wish for everyone in this room now to know what it was that was done to Nixie, in details, in order to be abl eot reverse it later." She started

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 02:34:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal and his son looked at each other, before Hal snapped his fingers, and everyone knew how to counter what had been done to Nixie. They learned that it was extremely nasty, but deceptively simple to cure her.

However, they ALSO learned that she had very little time left. An hour, at the very most.

Lindsay just chuckled when he saw the expressions.

"Yes, yes, a shame..." he said.

"And she's fighting it, too. Or trying to, anyway." he told them.

"She's a fighter... fighting a losing battle."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 02:44:11 )

Hazel was silent before just closing her eyes and taking a steadying breath. As she did so, the protection around everyone there faded, faltered.

"Second.... I wish Nixie was in Luci's arms, and that he would NOT let her go no matter what comes next." She said, knowing that it might be the best way to get her a safe distance away from where Lindsay was. If she was going to be able to do what she was hoping, then it would be needed, she was sure.

All the while, she didn't take her eyes off Lindsay.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 03:04:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lucius was the one to grant THAT wish. He clapped his hands, and Nixie disappeared from where she'd been appearing in the half-djinn's arms... which he wrapped around her securely.

Lindsay just laughed again when that happened.

"How quaint." he said.

"Dear..." he then addressed Nixie. "Do everything you can to break free from his grasp." he ordered her.

"Even if it means seriously injuring yourself, or him." he went on.

"Do not stop until you are free, or one of you goes down." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 03:10:58 )

Nixie remained completely silent, but that wasn't surprising.

"Third. I wish that one of you could give Nix a boost, help her get closer to clarity." Hazel said. Hal was the one who granted it. When he snapped his fingers, Nixie had a subtle glow for about two seconds, before it faded.

"I don't know how much good that may have done." Hal admitted.

"It's something, that's enough. You bought her some time." Hazel counter before sighing, heavily.

"And lastly... I wish for complete control of my mana for the next five minutes." She said, her voice heavy. She knew that it would likely be too much for her physical form to bear, but she hoped that it would be enough to make it that she could finally take this blight off of the surface of the planet. She wanted to, at least, have it that if she was gone.... they could hopefully live in something akin to peace.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 03:32:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal and Lucius were silent for a moment, before she heard a snap and a clap... and she felt it. The sensation of control. She had the reins of a wild unpredictable horse, and for now, it would listen to her.

Lindsay raised an eyebrow when this happened.

"Hm?" he mumbled.

"You honestly think you can take ME down?" he laughed.

"Hazel...?" Ty addressed her quietly.

"Hazel, what are you...?" he started to ask, but found himself unable to finish the question.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 03:39:11 )

"Tyson, I'm sorry." Hazel said quietly.

"I... I might not survive this." was all she then said before just taking a breath and reaching to remove the blindfold, she paused though as she realised that she didn't have it. Habit was a thing.

"All right... Lindsay... this is the end of your reign of terror." She stated simply just holding her hands out to the sides, her hands starting to glow with an ominous mana.

"No matter what you might make of it all." As she spoke, there was definitely an echo to her voice. As she spoke, they could all see what looked like glass coming up around Lindsay.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 04:01:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay looked around at the glass that was coming up around him, and started to laugh... maniacally.

"HOW CUTE!" he yelled.

"You think THIS will protect them!?" he exclaimed.

He then yanked all of the vials off of his body, and threw them all down onto the floor below him. As soon as it did, they started to bubble and froth, steam rising up from it. Lindsay then looked at Hazel, as the glass actually surrounded him.

And his expression turned serious for once.

"...it's never the end." he said. "I will always come back. And even if I don't... Kiah is still out there." he reminded them.

He then looked down slightly, before he started to laugh... low at first, deep as well... until it grew into full-blow crazy laughter that echoed through the room... before it was cut short by what looked to be a massively volatile explosion inside, everyone seeing that Lindsay wasn't lying when he said it could level the building.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 04:10:03 )

Hazel winced, severely, as the explosion rocked the glass she had around him. It didn't bust and break though.

Hazel just stepped up to the glass and laid a hand upon on it.

"Lindsay... you.... sadly, there is no way that you can recover, this isn't something you can be redeemed after." Her voice was quiet, solemn.

"I'm sorry. I am so terribly sorry." She added before sighing lightly as there was a certain blackness that was starting to spread from where her hand was.

It was black, but it was also specked with golden dots.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 04:32:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Though nobody could see it, Hazel could tell... Lindsay's ashes were in there.

And they were ready to reignite.

However, the inky darkness, laced with the golden dots, were stopping it... suppressing it.

She swore she could almost hear Lindsay's consciousness in there, too.

'Kiah will continue... this is nothing more than a hollow victory for you...' he told her.

'She will continue to work that we started so long ago...' he added, as the blackness fully engulfed him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 04:40:03 )

Hazel felt Lindsay in her head. She staggered back a pace or two, her hands at the sides of her head.

"Ah!" She let out a cry before shaking her head, harshly.

"I... I have him suppressed... I won't let him revive." Hazel said before pausing, pain tearing through her.

"I swear it... I won't let him revive. Kiah can be dealt with alone, I think.... Lindsay's the more difficult one, isn't he?" She asked, trying to stay on her feet. She had control of her mana for the moment, still, but didn't know how much longer she would, and she could feel that her mana control... as that slipped away, her life would too. She could already feel how it seemed that her cells were being torn apart from all the mana.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 05:00:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty was the first one that raced up to Hazel, grabbing her and holding onto her.

"Hazel, no!" he said.

"No, don't! Not you! Not again!" he pleaded.

"Don't... don't let him take you away again..." he whispered, though he could already tell.

"...it's no use." Hal said quietly.

"Hazel, you've... done a great thing here." he told Hazel, as the rest of them slowly approached.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 05:05:09 )

Hazel was silent, and Ty could feel her shaking. The mana she had was threatening to tear her at the seams, and was even starting to seep out from under the blackness that covered half of her body.

"I... Tyson... I'm so sorry." she said quietly, pain in her voice as she just wrapped her arms around him.

"I'll still be here... you'll see me in your dreams." She said quietly before looking to Hal.

"... I did what I could. Even at such a cost. I always knew I had stupid strong mana... seems the hell this body has gone through..." She trailed off before sighing.

"I'm sorry... I can't... I can't stop Kiah." She said as the mana that was seeping from her started to fall into sand.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 05:26:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tears began to fall from Tyson's eyes, as Hal shook his head.

"Don't apologise." he said.

"You've... done so much for us." he told her, as Drake got closer.

"...H... Hazel..." he stammered.

"You... that... he..." he stuttered further, before just shaking his head and hanging it low.

"...damn it all." he cursed quietly.

"Don't leave me, Hazel..." he said. "...I love you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.