Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 04:58:03 )

She was silent as she got to her feet. She grabbed the mug she'd been drinking some tea out of, before taking it to the kitchen. She didn't know what it was that she was going to do next, or what was reallyt going to come next, but she did know that she needed to test this out. She had been putting it off, but her week off was over, and her time was up. She was due back to work tomorrow with thoughts or something on the device.

I really hope this goes well.... She thought with a light sigh as she looked over toward the box on the couch.

"... well, I guess I've got no better time than now." She muttered with a shake of her head, before fnishing up in the kitchen and returning to the couch. She stood, her arms across her torso, and just sighed. She knew that she had agreed to this, however... she couldn't deny the hesitation she had. She hated the idea of something like this, but also knew that she'd agreed to it. Even if it was just her inability to say no to someone's request, she still agreed.

Meaning she had to do it.

She just sighed, braided her long red hair to keep it out of the way, before opening the box and removing the contents. She set everything on the coffee table in front of her, removed the scarf she kept tied around her eyes, as she had been assured that it would be necessary to actually see things properly, due to how there was no mana in this, but did so with hesitation. Thankfully, she didn't have much mana at home, so she didn't have to worry about too much regarding an incoming migraine.

She carefully got everything set up, and put the headpiece on before powering it on. When it told her to get to her feet and do a few stretches, she sighed but did so, knowing that it needed to make sure some calibration of some sort was set up. Once that was done, she started to make her way back to the couch as she watched everything that came on screen. She knew what this was for, it was to hopefully help her overcome some of the hell she'd been through in her past, and she was willing to try, obviously.

However, she had only taken a careful step to the couch when the screen flickered, and she felt a light shock. With a shake of her head, and a flick to the device, it seemed to fix it, but it was still puzzling. She reached up to remove it, to check it over, before she felt a more powerful jolt.

She was out before she hit the floor, the only real protection for her head being the headset she had on.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 05:27:57 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked around for a moment, scratching his head.

"...huh." he muttered, as one of the snakes under his hair came out and sniffed around, before going back under.

"Weird..." he said, before making his way to Kiah's office and knocking on the door. When she beckoned him entry, he did so.

"Hey, Kiah?" he addressed her.

"Is Hazel around?" he asked. "She was supposed to be in this morning, yeah?" he asked further.

"I've checked around and nobody seems to have seen her." he went on.

"Did she check in with YOU or anything?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 05:31:56 )

Kiah paused before looking up at her.

"I thought tomorrow was when she was due back." She admitted.

".... although now I'm not sure. You're genereally better with keep track of scheduling than I am." She continued. "But, no. I haven't heard from her."

"Have you tried calling her?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 05:53:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias nodded.

"I did." he said.

"2 or three times." he told her.

"A couple of times earlier this morning, and once just before I came to you." he said further.

"They all just go to voicemail." he commented.

"...I'm not going to lie, it's concerning me slightly." he then admitted with a small sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 05:54:15 )

"Go stop by her place." Kiah suggested.

"Even on a day off, it's unlike her to not answer her phone." She added after a moment or two, thinking about it.

"So yeah, it's abit concerning, no question."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 06:16:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias thought for a moment more, and then nodded.

"Well, firstly, the more I think about it, you're right." he said. "This IS still one of her days off, so it's not surprising that she's not here." he said further. "However, you're also right that her not answering her phone is concerning." he then admitted.

"So yeah, I think I'm going to go and pay her a visit." he continued.

"I'll call with updates." he told her, before leaving.

Sure enough, about a half-hour later, she received a call from him. And it was with news she did NOT want to hear.

"The lights are on, but nobody's answering the door." Ilias said.

"I'm calling her again, and I can faintly hear the phone inside, too. That's even MORE worrying."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 06:25:12 )

".... Is the door locked?" Kiah asked after a moment or two as she got to her feet and started heading through the building. She heard Ilias try it before sighing.

"It is." He answered.

"Hold on, I'll get you in there." She added as she made her way upstairs, through the halls, and to her bosses office. "I'm going to ask my Uncle for help." she knew he'd be completely aware of what was meant by that.

This was a concerning enough reason for her to do so, after all.

"I'll call you back with whatever info I have, all right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 06:46:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right." Ilias responded, before they ended their call, he hung up, and sighed.

"...damn it." he cursed. "What is going on in there? What's going on? Period." he wondered aloud.

"Hazel!?" he called in, knocking once more.

'Please... PLEASE answer...' he pleaded internally.

Meanwhile, Hal was sitting in his office, pondering how to word an email, when he heard his receptionist buzz him.

"Dr. Remmington is here to see you." she said. "Says it's important." she added.

"It usually is." Hal responded. "Send her in." he said.

He then looked at the door, as it opened, revealing Kiah... with a bit of a concerned look in her eyes.

"...something wrong?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 06:49:19 )

Kiah closed the door behind her and approached his desk.

"I'm going to be blunt." She started, "And I'll fill you in after. I wish for Ilias to have a way into Hazel's home. Now." She stated.

"I don't care if it's a key in hand, if the door is magically unlocked, just.... something. He needs to get in there, and I wish for it to happen " She paused.

"I hate asking like this, but I'm quite concerned about her wellbeing for the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 07:11:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"Of course." he responded, snapping his fingers.

"He now has a temporary key to her place." he told her. "Temporary, in that it was crumble and dissipate in a half-hour." he clarified. "I'm sure Hazel doesn't want copies of her house keys strewn about." he reasoned.

"Though it must be bad to warrant THIS level of concern." he then said further.

However, before Kiah could properly answer, her phone rang. And it was Ilias. When she answered, she didn't even get a chance to say much, as he spoke 5 words, panic and worry laden in them;

"Get a medic here! NOW!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 07:20:35 )

"What!? Dammit. I'll get someone there pronto. Is she [b]ALIVE?!"[/b] Kiah asked in response.

"She is, but completely unresponsive. I don't know how alive, or how close to dead, she may very well be." Ilias answered. Kiah let out a string of curses.

"Once you can, check in with me. I, of ocurse, want to know what the hell you found." She then said before they ended the call and she looked to Hal.

"Thank you so much." she said. "Turns out that key was needed. Now, I'm running down to medical to get someone on their way out to Hazel's" As she spoke, she was already heading toward the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 07:40:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Kiah!" Hal said to her quickly, causing her to pause and look behind her.

"What is it?" she asked. "Time is of the essence." she told him.

"I know." Hal responded.

"So... why not run down to the medical wing and tell them to prepare for Hazel to suddenly appear in a spare room?" he asked, lifting his hand up and putting his fingers together.

"Make sure a room is cleared, tell Angela about this, and then call me and arrange for Hazel to be brought there." he went on.

"Surely that would be quicker, yes?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 07:43:05 )

Kiah paused before nodding.

"Most likely." She agreed before heading off quickly.

Once she had a room taken care of for the redhead, she texted Ilias to find out if it was good to bring her here. After he'd replied saying yes, Kiah called Hal again, and made a very specific wish - that Hazel would be brought from where she was, to the room that was cleared. She made sure to specify everything as clearly and quickly as she could.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 08:03:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Once she finished her wish, all Hal said was 'done', and the call was ended.

Sure enough, not 5 seconds later, Hazel appeared in the room, before Kiah. She was unconscious, she was still, but she seemed to be alive.

Kiah then received a message from Ilias.

I'm going to gather what looks relevant, and bring it back. it read.

Beyond that, every seems normal here. You'll understand what I mean when I get there. the second one said.

I'll lock up here and head back pronto. the last one told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 08:09:02 )

Thank you. Kiah replied before sighing lightly. She made sure that Hazel was all right before leaving the room, not sure why she'd hung around there as she hadn't needed to, as others made their way in to tend tothe woman. She made her way up to Hal's office again in the meantime.

Once up there, she was ushered in before sighing.

"all right, first off? Thank you for all of that." She said simply, sincerity to her words, and her voice.

"Ilias hadn't been able to contact her all morning, and that is very much unlike her, so he headed over to check in... and heard her phone ringing, whil ehs ewasn't answering the door." She added.

"Suffice to say, it concerned him, and me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 08:36:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent as Kiah said what she did, before sighing quietly.

"I see." he said.

"That IS concerning, I admit." he told her. "And it seems the concern was warranted, given what's just transpired." he went in, before leaning back in his chair and looking at her.

"Do you know anything about it?" he asked.

"...which is to say, were you able to glean any info from Hazel's state, assuming you saw her?" he clarified. "I did not mean to imply you were involved with this in any way." he assured her.

"But yes, can you make any educated guesses or assumptions?" he asked her.

"Does Hazel seem okay, at the very least?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 08:40:00 )

"From what I can tell, she's breathing, her heart is beating, but she's just.... out cold." Kiah told him.

"No blood, looks like a bruise on her face, but that could be from nothing more than the landing. The half of her that is usually... wiggling? slightly is completely still and calm too." She added, referring to the blackness that covered half her body.

"It's... alarming, I admit. But ... well, she seems all right from what I saw. Aside from the unconscious bit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 09:01:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Hal mumbled.

"Admittedly, the sheer lack of knowledge on this is worrying in and of itself." he said.

"We don't know what happened... and it doesn't seem like she's injured." he went on.

"What about Ilias?" he asked.

"Did he mention anything?" he asked her.

"Anything seem off or different?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 09:21:09 )

Kiah just sighed.

"How about I don't play messenger when I don't have much information either." She said after a moment.

"I wish for you to know exactly what Ilias walked in to find." She said simply.

---

She woke with a start, and a cry. She didn't know what it was that had happened, and couldn't understand where she was. She was in an abandoned looking building, and as she got to her feet, the metal sheet she'd been sleeping on screamed as she shifted position, trying to sit up. She found that more difficult than expected though, as she felt herself being bound down. She couldn't find how, but she could feel them. They were mana binds, and extremely effective.

"the hell?" She wondered, fear her in voice as she fought against the invisible trap she found herself within. She wasn't even able to properly process anything else, as she found herself starting to freak out, more and more.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 09:39:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ah, it seems you're awake." a voice said. She couldn't properly see who said it, or where they were, as her field of vision was restricted by her bondage, but she could tell two things about it. The first was that it was a male voice, clearly. And the second was that there was a weird ring of familiarity to it... but it was overshadowed by this ominous tone to it.

"Not that it matters." he continued. "I was merely commenting." he added, as she heard shuffling around and clinking and clanking.

"But enough small talk. Enough of this chatter. Let's get down to business." he suggested.

"The mana emanating from you is immense." he commented. "I haven't felt such a wellspring of concentrated mana in... well, ages. Lifetimes." he said further, almost seeming to reminisce about such a thing.

"It's wonderful." he said, a dreamy tone to his voice now.

"So much raw material!" he exclaimed. "You'll fuel my studies and experiments for... months! Maybe even years!" he then declared happily.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.