Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 22:45:24 )

Hazel was silent before shaking her head, not sure what it was that was being said, exactly. She couldn't quite process it, and apparently was having a hard time with accepting this.

"No... nonononononono." She said.

"This... this can't..." She started before she finally saw him. The wings, the darkish skin, the mana. Everything. It caused her to freeze to the point that she wasn't even properly breathing for a moment.

"I.... They... they didn't... what? I .." she couldn't get whatever was going through her head out, it seemed.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 23:10:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...what?" Drake asked.

"Hazel, it's me. Drake." he said to her.

"Seriously, how messed up IS your memory?" he asked.

"Like, really. We're... we're friends, Hazel." he told her. "Or... well... we're more than friends, yeah...?" he added.

"You've got to remember me... right?" he asked. "My mother? My father? Please?" he then almost pleaded.

She could hear the growing sadness in his tone... as though he were genuinely hurt that she seemed freaked out by him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 23:17:00 )

Hazel just shook her head, violently, as she climbed off of what she was sitting on and backed away. She was completely silent, obviously freaked out.

"No... they never had a second..." She said quietly.

"I don't know where I am. I don't know what's going on, and this is... just... this isn't home... this isn't what I know." She then continued, shaking her head as her back hit the small island counter that was between her and the door. She didn't even seem to know as she sank to the floor, obviously overwhelmed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 23:42:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...wh... what?" Drake asked.

"Never had a second...?" he muttered.

"That's right, they never did. I'm an only child." he told her.

"You... you know that." he went on, sounding sadder and sadder.

"Hazel... I... you..." he then stammered, before sitting down in a chair that was beside him.

"Hazel, are you SURE you're all right?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 23:45:50 )

Hazel was completely silent, seeming to be shaking slightly as she just brought her knees up to her chest and her hands to her head.

"I... I don't... " She started. "I cant.... This..." she was having far more difficulty getting her words out than one might expect, and it wasn't hard to guess why.

Drake could easily make the assumption that it was because of him, and yes, to an extent it was, but... it was also because of everything else that she'd witnessed and experienced since first arriving there. This was not the world she knew, it couldn't be, but she had no idea how she could have gotten there.

The last thing she could remember was planning to test out a VR headset that she'd been given.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 23:52:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I'm sorry." he apologised.

"It's... it's clear that you're stressed and freaking out, and... and I'm not helping..." he went on, sounding practically heartbroken now.

"I'll... I'll leave." he told her, slowly standing up.

"I'm sorry." he apologised again.

He then turned and started walking away, and Hazel could feel the sense of aloneness now. She hadn't recognised anyone yet, and while this place DID seem like the Unit, it wasn't what she knew.

It seemed, for all intents and purposes, that she was alone in an unfamiliar world.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 02:52:13 )

Hazel didn't hear his footsteps leaving, but had definitely noticed the mana presence leave. However, she didn't move, didn't speak, and honestly didn't seem to be breathing it was so shallow and quick.

She was overwhelmed, this wasn't home, this wasn'te ven her world, she was starting to think, and she didn't know what was going on. The heartache that she was feeling, how hard she was missing those she knew, was definitely causing physical pain for her, and that was enough to believe that this wasn't just a dream.

"I just wish I could deal with this..." She said quietly, closing in, physically, on herself a bit more. She couldn't deal with this, with what she found herself thrown into, and she knew that. This was overwhelming her far too much, and even she could identify that easily.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 03:25:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

No sooner had she uttered those words, she swore she heard an extremely familiar voice reply 'done'.

But before she could properly react, she heard the loud and clear, undeniably sound of fingers snapping. The sound seemed to echo around her for a bit, before she felt something inside her.

Her mental state seemed to do an immediate about-face, and she was flooded with various coping techniques, ways to look at this, minor mental exercises to do... and she felt like she COULD deal with this now.

A LOT more easily.

For all intents and purposes... practically speaking... her wish had come true.

And she knew what that meant. At least, she hoped she did.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 03:40:37 )

Hazel was silent, straightening up a bit and looking around. There was no way that she'd heard who she did, did she? This wasn't her world... if she did run into the man in question, there's no way that he could be the same man she knew. There was absolutely no way.... was there?

"....Hal...?" She asked quietly, get voice a lot calmer, but certainly still uneasy. She was almost hesitant as she asked and looked around, hopeful.

As she was looking around, she got to her knees to look over the island she was against. As her eyes rested on the dark skinned face that she knew - even if he looked a bit more aged in the sense of their being more wrinkles to his face - he waved. Hazel was quick to get to her feet and run over, her skirt billowing out behind her. She didn't tackle him, but when she was within reach, she just wrapped her arms around him, and held fast.

Before he could do much of anything, he heard a soft sob from her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 04:02:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Such a display of emotion seemed to catch him off guard for a second, but hearing the sob from her brought him back down to earth. He looked down at the woman that was clutching him, before smiling softly and wrapping an arm around her, and gently placing his other hand atop her head.

"Yes." he said.

"It's me. I promise." he told her, gently rubbing her head in a reassuring manner.

"It's all right." he then said further.

He then just let her hold onto him for as long as she needed. He could tell she was stressed and frightened, and he would let her get it out. Whatever she needed to do. He just continued to hold her, before looking to the one that had brought him there and nodding.

They nodded back, before leaving, as Hal closed his eyes and let Hazel get it all out.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 04:20:41 )

It took about twenty five minutes before she finally called down. She pulled back from him, and just met his gaze.

"...... Thanks..." She said after a moment as she wiped her face with the long (tattered) black sleeves she was wearing.

"I... apparently I needed that." she then said after a moment. Her voice was still quivering slightly, but not horribly any longer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 04:25:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's all right." Hal replied.

"I understand." he told her.

He then paused for a moment, before looking around slightly.

"Now then, would you care to go someplace to talk?" he asked her. "From the sounds of things, and from what I've been told, you have a lot of questions, and don't recognise a lot of people." he went on.

"So if you like, we can go somewhere, and I can answer any questions you have." he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 04:28:34 )

Hazel was silent for a moment, snifflign slightly.

"Please... just... please. I need to know what kind of world I woke up in." She said quietly.

"Because... I just... I'm so lost."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 04:50:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before nodding slightly.

"All right." he replied.

"Come on." he told her.

"Let us retire to my office." he said, allowing her to finally hear SOMETHING close to familiar.

"Are you hungry or thirsty?" he asked.

"We can get you something on the way."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 04:52:33 )

"No... but... I realise I probably should have something." Hazel admitted.

"If nothing else, something to drink. Pretty sure I don't want to deal with dehydration in this world if I end up out there again." She added after a moment or two.

"But... yeah... lead the way." She dded, her voice a bit quieter again. She may have been able to handle everything a bit better, but it was still quite a pill to swallow.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 05:12:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Hal responded.

As they walked, he suddenly stopped at a door, opened it, and briefly stepped inside, coming out with some bottles of water.

"Here." he said, handing one to her.

"That should help." he told her, shutting the door again.

"Anyway, I'm sure you've noticed that... well... actually, let's ask a bigger question." he said as they continued on.

"What is confusing you, exactly?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 05:20:26 )

Hazel accepted the bottle of water with a grateful thank you before siging lightly.

".... How I got here." She then said, simply.

"And where I am, really. What world is this?" She then asked.

"This... this isn't the world I know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 05:41:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked confused for a moment.

"...what world?" he asked.

"Where ARE you?" he asked further, as they reached his office. Or, rather, reached his receptionist's area... with no receptionist. When they went into his office proper, she saw that it looked... a little different. It looked more like a place where someone would track and search for various things around the world, with the various screens and maps and positioning equipment.

"You're in San Diego. On Earth." he told her.

"As for how you got here, I would wager your mana reacted to your desires, and brought you here." he went on.

"After all, you DID always consider this place a bit of a safe haven. Which was what we were always really intended to be." he chuckled.

"...and... not the world you know?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 05:50:17 )

Hazel missed a step when he said what he did, about where she was.

"I..." She started, before shaking her head and taking a couple of breasths to try not to get too stuck on that.

"Righ. Ok then." was all she said, not sure what else to say for the moment.

"I ..must have somehow found myself into one of the other dimensions." she said quietly, looking around.

"because... yeah. Like I said, this isn't the world I know."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 06:13:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Another dimension?" Hal asked.

"Well... I suppose it IS possible..." he admitted.

"Wonder if it had anything to do with where OUR Hazel was, then..." he then mumbled. "Though... I'm fairly certain there isn't a functioning nexus there, or any portals..." he admitted.

"Hmmm." he mumbled further.

"This IS a problem for you, indeed." he told her.

'This is not a friendly world. Hasn't been for a long time." he sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.