Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 06:17:47 )

Hazel was silent for a few seconds before just sighing, heavily.

"I... I did notice that." She admitted.

"I don't know what to do. I feel so lost. I'm nowhere familiar, even here." She added.

"... Is this all just a ismulation though...?" She then wondered idly, as she knew that the last thing she remembered was getting ready to test a VR headset.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 06:37:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked genuinely confused for a moment.

"A... simulation...?" he asked.

"WHY would you EVER think that this is anything like a simu-" he started to say, before pausing, trailing off a little, and thinking about it.

"...wait..." he said.

"Wait, wait, wait." he repeated. "Hold on a second." he muttered.

"Are... are you perchance referring to... when my daughter asked you to test out a prototype of a new kind of VR helmet that she was developing?" he asked, pausing again for a moment.

"Well... helmet, no. More visor." he mumbled.

"I recall early designs were a helmet, before she decided to model it after her OWN eyewear." he remembered... echoing precisely and exactly what she had known, prior to testing the device in question.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 06:43:01 )

Hazel nodded.

"The last thing I remember before waking and having to free myself from wherever the hell I was, was testing a headset that Lunet and Leo put together." She confirmed.

"It ... I hesitated for so long with it." She added.

"And then... I finally decided to put it on, and this is what ended up happening, I suppose." She paused a moment.

"... must be a simulation.... a brilliantly done one, but... but that's all I can think of."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 07:07:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... what?" Hal asked.

"That's... that doesn't sound even close to what happened." he told her.

"From what we learned, the VR set booted up, but there was something wrong with it. There was a shock that caused you to black out and collapse." he explained. "Ilias became concerned when you weren't answering your phone, and went to check on you at home." he continued.

"There he found you unconscious, and you were brought to the Unit, where you were mostly uninjured, but rendered comatose." he went on.

"...Lunet and Leonard felt IMMENSELY guilty over it, too." he then sighed.

"So much so, they... well... practically gave up inventing new technologies." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 07:15:54 )

Hazel was silent as Hal said what he did, not entirely sure what to make of it, and not entirely sure she knew what to believe. There was no way she was In a coma, right? This had to be either a different dimension, or a simulation. Right?

And the two tech whizzes giving up? That didn't sound right either.

It wasn't hard for Hal to identify that she couldn't quite wrap her head around what he'd said, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 07:38:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked at her for a moment, and then sighed.

"Look, I'm not going to tell you what is and isn't right, or what happened and what did not happen." he told her.

"But I can assure you, this is no simulation." he went on.

"If you want, I can prove it." he continued.

"Offer me your arm, or something else, and I will pinch or flick, or whatever." he suggested.

"If you feel pain, then this is no simulation."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 07:46:16 )

Hazel was silent before shaking her head. She knew what he said was true, and that she'd been feeling pain before. Plus the unsteadiness that she had probably wouldn't be there if it were a simulation.

"no.... No I know you're right. I don't want to admit it though." She admitted to him.

"So... I guess...." She started before pausing a moment.

"Question.... Can djinns procreate?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 08:04:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent, looking at her quizzically... as though she should know this already, before shaking his head slightly.

"Ah... well..." he stammered.

"Nnnnnno." he said. "No, they're... they're not supposed to be able to." he told her.

"However... well... when djinn magic... is... aided by... celestial mana, coming straight from the top... miracles happen." he went on.

"Miracles that truly ARE miracles." he mumbled.

"Boy, Hollie and I were QUITE surprised, let me tell you!" he added with a small laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 08:12:38 )

"So... that blonde that ... had such venom is actually your kid?" Hazel asked bluntly. There was something to her voice regarding it, however it wasn't too surprising. Considering what her personality and attitude was currently, as opposed to what it was that she was likely known to have.

"I ... admit, I'm surprised." she said simply.

"I never... thought it was possible." She said before sighing lightly.

"Regardless... how old is he?" She asked, honestly just wanting to know about the world she found herself in now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 08:40:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed.

"Lucius, yes." he said. "He IS my son, born of Hollie and myself." he told her.

"...please forgive him for his words." he then asked of her. "He didn't mean to hurt your feelings or trigger anything by them, I promise." he went on, before shaking his head slightly.

"And how old is he?" he asked.

"He's just a young'un. Just under 200 years old." he chuckled.

"And the news was delivered to me in the nicest way possible." he then said further. "Dinner with Hollie at the Opal Oasis... she told me... was the nicest evening of my life." he reminisced nostalgically.

"...ah, but sorry, I got carried away." he then apologised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 08:46:22 )

Hazel just chuckled lightly.

"Oh? I ... didn't know this world had a time that could be considered even slightly peaceful.... I can't see restaurants being open in a world like this." She admitted after a moment or two.

".... Is she still alive?" She then asked, hesitantly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 09:03:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal's expression immediately darkened, to one of sadness.

"...she is not." he said, looking away.

".......was one of the first victims, too." he told her.

"Damn it." he cursed quietly, anger and sadness evident in his tone, before he shook his head and appeared to mentally scold himself.

"I'm sorry." he apologised.

"But I WILL get my revenge on those... those... monsters." he vowed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 09:05:09 )

Hazel was silent for a moment before biting the inside of her cheek for a moment.

"..... Who is responsible?" She asked. "If you can enact revenge, you must know who... Right?"

"I mean, if I can help.. I'd love to. I'll happily help in any way I can."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 09:26:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." again, Hal was was silent, before lowering his gaze slightly.

"...two people we both know." he told her. "Very well." he said further.

"...two people that we did not see turning to this." he continued. "We didn't see it coming. We have no idea what caused them to turn on... everyone. To go down this path of madness." he said further.

He then turned to the side, seemingly glaring into nothingness.

"...betrayed by family." he growled.

"...by Lindsay and Kiah."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 14:12:42 )

Hazel was silent as Hal said what he did.

"Come again?" She asked, not daring to believe it. She had to have misheard the names, had to....

"I did not just hear you say what I think you did, right?" She asked. Hal shook his head.

"No. You heard me right." He told her.

"What... the bloody fuck... HAPPENED in this world!?" She asked, her voice incredulous.

"Lindsay is a pacifist where I know him, and Kiah's too much of a goody goody to DO anything like go mad. What the hell happened?" It was the most forceful Hal had ever heard from her, but that wasn't too surprising, really.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 22:36:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal didn't seem to react when she made her exclamation, and just sighed.

"We don't know." he said.

"Well... we know WHAT happened in this world." he told her. "But we don't know WHY." he clarified.

"All we know is that, at some point, Lindsay lost all sense of morals and sanity." he said. "And he somehow managed to drag Kiah down that path with him." he lamented further.

"Nothing matters to them except experimentation for the sake of it." he continued. "Doesn't matter if it's a good idea or bad idea, if it helps people or harms them, if they get an idea, they'll do it. And they'll see to it they do it." he went on.

"Now those two are the the most dangerous, frightening menace to curse this world since... well... Vanessa Encrae." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 00:20:04 )

Hazel didn't say anything, just shook her head, violently. IT was almost as if she refused to believe him, but she knew what she was being told was true, if for no reason other than she trusted Hal. This may be a different world, there was no way for her to know, but she did know that she trusted the man in front of her, or at least the version of him that she knew.

"... I...." She started. "I have no words. I just... " She sighed, heavily, before shaking her head again, this time much lighter.

"Is... is there anyone else?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 00:41:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Anyone else....?" Hal asked her. "Anyone else gone?" he asked further.

"Yes. Plenty." he said.

"Not very many people left." he lamented. "Lindsay and Kiah got to almost everyone." he said quietly, looking away slightly.

"The only ones left are those that are... well... extremely resistant to dying." he went on.

"...and yes, that does include Lunet, Cain, and Reveka." he confirmed, knowing that she would ask.

"I'm sure they'd like to see you again." he told her, looking at her with a small, but sad, smile on his face now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 00:52:14 )

"Well... I was meaning is anyone else.... left." Hazel clarified with a sigh.

".... Are those three at least all right?" She then asked.

"And where can I find any of them? I'd... like to say hello while I'm here, I suppose. Might be good?" She asked, knowing he wouldn't rightly know the answer to that.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 01:28:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't know." Hal admitted.

"Which is to say, I know they should be here in the Unit." he then said. "But I don't know where, exactly." he clarified.

"They usually hang out where the old security office used to be." he told her. "So there's a good chance you'll find at least ONE of them there." he then assured her, before pausing.

"Oh, and seeing as it's clear you don't know, or can't remember anything about your 'newer' friends here..." he continued. "Anything you want to ask about them?" he asked her.

"Or their possible relations to you?" he asked further.

"Just to potentially help avoid any very awkward situations in the future." he then reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.