Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 06:10:01 )

Hazel was silent.

"I have no intention of it, Tyson, please don't worry about that." she said with a soft smile as they started to walk again.

"For now, let's just worry about getting you some food." She added, not even seeming to realise how thin she was. She'd been trapped wherever she'd woken for long enough that ... well, it was easy to see that she was being starved for the time that she was there.

"All right?"

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 06:29:52 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...all right." Tyson said after a pause.

"Let's make a deal." he said.

"I'LL eat... if YOU do." he told her.

"Because you're not looking so healthy, either, in terms of weight." he commented.

"I didn't see it before, but I can sure see it NOW." he went on, looking her over.

"Seriously, you're... almost is as bad a condition as I am."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 06:31:55 )

Hazel paused before seeming to take stock.

"I can agree with that." She said.

"I'm not hungry, but I admit, that could be because of nothing more than my body being used to not having it. I ... don't know anymore." She admitted.

"All I know is that yeah, I probably should eat." She agreed. "So I can definitely agree with you on that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 06:50:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson just sighed heavily.

"That twisted asshole. That soulless bitch." he spat.

"I can't believe they turned against us like this. And they treat us like we're nothing more then resources." he growled. "To be used up and thrown away like garbage." he went on.

"That's all ANYONE and ANYTHING is to them." he continued.

"...even each other." he then revealed.

"They've experimented on themselves numerous times, from what I've heard."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 07:16:51 )

"Oh geez. that's fun." Hazel commented.

"All we can do, is try and stop them. I have every intention of trying, anyway." She added after a moment.

"I ... can't believe that they did that, that they went that way." She added with a heavy sigh.

---

It took a few months before Hazel had gotten Ty to the point where he was most certainly not the same shell of a man that he'd been before. He was actually eating properly, for instance, and he and Hazel had worked to clean up his room.

Hazel, currently, with Hal and Ty helping to sort out some logistics and such when they heard a ruckus outside. When she made her way to the window to look, she saw Nixie out there with someone in a shroud. Seemed almost as if they were a random person that had been encountered and was being helped, at least from their view.

"... Looks like the supply run is back." She commented

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 07:36:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal and Ty looked out the window as well, and Hal raised an eyebrow.

"Nixie has someone with her..." he commented.

"Wonder if it's someone seeking shelter..." Ty said. "Sure looks it, anyway." he said further.

"Hm." Hal mumbled.

"Well, we are not one to turn someone away." he went on, before shaking his head.

"That is true." Ty agreed.

"Well, we may as well go to meet them." Hal then reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 07:45:15 )

"Probably should." Hazel agreed. "You own the place, after all."

Meanwhile, they made their way inside, after being let through the initial checkpoint. The one that had gone, Nixie, seemed... off. She was pale, shaky, and seemed to not properly be aware of what was going on. There was a rash spreading some of the skin that could be seen, so it was easy to believe it was just her having encountered something that wasn't friendly to beings of her variety.

She led the newcomer inside and was heading for the cafeteria with him. However, on the way, they passed Drake, and she didn't even seem to notice him - which was definitely different from the norm.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 08:08:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Drake paused for a moment as they passed her... and Nixie said nothing to him.

At all.

Didn't even acknowledge his existence, it seemed.

"...eh?" he muttered.

"Hey, Nixie!" he called to her. "What's up?" he asked, catching up to them.

"You all right?" he asked.

"...and who's the new person?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 08:15:49 )

As Drake caught up and said what he did, There was silence from Nixie. Complete silence. She didn't even seem to hear him, nevermind anything else. When he grabbed her shoulder lightly, she froze and looked up at him, as she was shorter by a few inches. As their eyes met, he was able to see just how off she looked. Her skintone was pretty pale compared to her normal tan, and her sea blue eyes were far more desautrated than normal as well.

"Yes?" She asked, her voice was odd, off. It sounded like her, but... it didn't sound right. Almost as if her spark of life was gone, her desire to survive.

If anything, she sounded like she'd given up.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 08:39:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Drake's jaw dropped slightly when he saw her and heard her. She seemed... completely different from when he saw her last.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"N-Nixie?" he asked.

"Are... are you all right?" he asked her, before the stranger placed a hand on her shoulder.

"...she had a run-in with a weird plant." they said meekly.

"She'll be fine in a few hours."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 08:47:30 )

Nixie was completely silent as the stranger said that. Internally, she was trying to say something, anything, to Drake. However, she knew that it wasn't something that she could do. Whatever it was that had happened, she couldn't fight it, and she felt herself sinking deeper, and deeper, with each minute that passed. Whatever it was that was surrounding her, was strong. the stranger had their hand on her back, and lightly nudged her. She just turned and started to head off again, with the stranger following.

As they headed off, Drake had to decide, follow? Stay behind? Go tell someone else?

This was not the Nixie he knew, that stranger was weird, and they were a mage.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 09:04:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Drake was silent for an extended period of time, fixated on the stranger.

He then decided to slowly follow.

There was something about this stranger that didn't sit right with him... on more than one level.

As they walked, the stranger whispered to Nixie.

"Check to see if we're being followed." they said.

"I feel like we are."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 09:17:29 )

Nixie was silent before pausing and turning around to do as she was told. She saw no one there, scanned the area for a bit before turning back and continuing on the path that they had been taking before.

"I saw no one." was all she said as they continued on.

They reached the cafeteria, she gave up one of her meals so he could have a bite to eat, and they sat down. Him with a helping of whatever food was available, her with nothing. They were halfway through 'their' meal when Hazel, Hal, and ty made their way into the cafeteria, having been told that Nixie had taken the stranger there.

As they stepped in, the stranger just smirked, realising who it was that had entered the room.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 09:29:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When they walked in, Hal could immediately see that something was off with Nixie... but he decided to partially brush it off, and exercise caution.

"Welcome back, Nixie." he said as they approached.

"How was the gathering?" he asked her.

"And who's this?" Ty then asked.

"A nomadic survivor?" he asked further.

Hazel, meanwhile, had a strange and vague ominous feeling about the stranger... but she couldn't tell WHY...

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 14:23:50 )

Hazel was completely silent, not even paying attention to anything that the others were saying. Her gaze, and attention, were focused on the stranger. She had no idea why, but she didn't trust them, at all, and she knew that she had valid reason to.

Nixie, meanwhile didn't say anything, just sat there, not seeming to properly realise that the others there were.

"Dammit, I know you." Hazel said suddenly, her gaze still focused on the stranger.

"I know that I know you, but I can't pinpoint why!"There was definite frustration to her voice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 22:39:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The stranger just smirked.

"Well, maybe that's because-" he started to say, before Drake burst into the room.

"FYRANE!" he yelled.

"THAT'S A FYRANE! No WONDER I could sense it, and it seemed familiar!" he shouted further.

Then, before any of them could react properly, the stranger overturned the table, causing the three of them to take a few frantic steps back, and he then stood up quickly, taking Nixie with him, and removing his cloak... revealing himself to be Lindsay Fyrane.

And he looked... frightening, in Hazel's eyes.

The hair, the muscles, the overall face... it was Lindsay. No denying it. But his hair was far more disheveled than she was used to, his seemed a little more twitchy, but his expression was something that was chilling. His eyes were hyper, his pupils shrunken slightly, like he was overexcited about something, and his mouth... his mouth seemed to be in a permanent state of a twisted grin, the likes of which she'd only seen Vanessa on the worst of the worst days for the dark elf.

"In the fle-e-e-e-sh!" the man declared in an overdramatic and hammy tone, and Hazel chillingly recognised it as the voice from when she had been held captive when she woke up.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:47:36 )

Hazel was absolutely frozen. Her brain was trying to process all that she could see in front of her, however she didn't know if she could. This was possibly far too much for her, and i twas something that she knew she'd have to get past to survive.

"L... Linds....." She started, but wasn't able to get the full name out. She was too stunned. This was nopt the man that had been a brother to her, that had helped her actually find herself after Vanessa was out of the picture.

This was a monster, this was what Vanessa had wanted.

And there was nothing she could do about it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:14:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah-ah-ah." Lindsay said, waggling a finger at her.

"Close, but no cigar." he told her. "LindsAY." he corrected her.

"I am NOT that little coward from that ripple dimension." he said further. "...though... I wonder if...?" he started to muse, before shaking his head slightly. "Oh, I digress!" he declared.

"You have a lot of gall to come here!" Hal growled, looking ready to attack... but before he could, Lindsay opened the jacket he had on, revealing dozens of vials of... something.

"One move on me, and all these explode... with the force and power to level this entire building." he warned.

This caused Hal to stop completely, as well as Ty and Drake, who had been approaching as well.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:19:26 )

"... what...?" Hazel asked, her voice cracking from fear before shaking her head.

"Dammit! What the hell are you doing HERE?!? And what the bloody fuck did you do to this WORLD!?" She exclaimed, seeming to have finally grown the spine that everyone she knew (before endding up in this world) wanted her to grow.

"You were one of the sweetest people ever, what the hell happened!?" She demanded an answer, but the question was whether or not it would happen. Her mana, meanwhile, started to kick up around them. It was completely out of her control, but her emotions certainly played a factor.

It seemed to be causing a little bit of protection around those that were there, aside from herself and Lindsay.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:38:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just laughed out loud, as everyone else (except Nixie) took an unconscious step back.

"Lots of things!" the Fyrane replied.

"However, YOU may very well wish to calm yourself down, my dear." he then told her. "I can tell that your mana is offering protection to everyone around here, but it's doing nothing for everyone else in the building." he warned her further.

"As for why I'm here... I'm here for YOU." he then told her.

"Come back with me, and not only will this building and all in it be spared, I'll even give the antidote to this one here." he offered, patting Nixie on the top of her head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.