Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 06:28:27 )

Hazel was silent for a moment as her brain tried to process what it was that she'd heard, nevermind what she was told. That venom that was projected with that one word caused her to take one step back. She tripped over something that was there, ending up on the floor.

"... s... sorry..." She managed to get out, giving a look into who she was now. A very, very, scared and wary individual.

"I'm sorry... I didn't... I don't..." She started, trying to say something more, but she didn't know what it was that she needed to say here, didn't know why he had such strong feeling against those that weren't natural like that, like she was.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 06:42:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." the one that had just spoke was silent for a moment, practically stunned, before just shaking his head.

"No. No, I'M sorry." he said. "I... that was probably a bit too forceful of me, and I need to remember that you're not in a good way right now." he said further. "I... please forgive me." he went on, his tone quiet and... very clearly guilt-ridden.

"I did not mean to shock you or trigger you like that." he told her.

"I mean that." he insisted.

"If you'd like, I can get out of your presence, and have someone else assist you." he then offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 06:51:46 )

Hazel was silent, staying where she was before biting the inside of her lip. She felt like absolute shit, and she knew that he was completely aware of that. It was hard to miss, after all.

"I..." She started before shaking her head.

"I ... I can't guarantee that.. that I'll be able to see anyone else." She then said quietly.

"Just.... why.... why the 'freak'......?" She asked, her voice quiet, hesitant to even ask. There was something to her voice too that implied she was ready to be struck for her inquiry. But she did make her way back over to him, however unsteady her steps and movements were.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 07:20:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just looked away, biting his lower lip slightly.

"...because of what he does." he said.

"He tortures people. He mutates animals. He warps living things." he went on. "He won't listen to reason. He creates legitimate freaks of nature that shouldn't exist, and has no remorse for doing so." he continued.

"He sees himself as playing God, standing above what he creates, and proudly declaring them as his 'freaks'." he then told her.

"So the worst thing we can call him, is what he would see as dragging him 'down to their level'." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 07:27:36 )

Hazel was silent before just looking to the side.

"... I..." She started before just sighing, heavily.

".... ok." was all she said. She knew that she was a freak of nature, or a freak. While she didn't think it an insult any longer, and hadn't for quite awhile for that matter, this... new information certainly made her wonder, question, if she really was one that was worth keeping around.

Especially considering the security responses to her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 07:41:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

At this point, he knew that any further words would be meaningless. He had to let his, and the people here's, actions speak for them.

So he just led her down a few corridors, until they reached an area that she was familiar with... the lab... but it seemed like things were... different. It seemed a little more devoid of life. Nowhere near as busy. In fact... there didn't seem to be anyone else there at all.

She was suddenly handed some towels, and led to where the showers were.

"Take as much time as you need." he told her.

"After your shower, we'll remove that mana inside you that shouldn't be there." he went on, before pausing.

"...specifically, what seems to be causing the blindness I'm sure you've been afflicted with." he clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 07:47:27 )

Hazel accepted the towels before nodding.

"I... ok." She said.

"Thank you." She added, her voice quiet as she tried to process what it was that was going on, and how dead the area seemed to be - both in terms of people and in terms o fher vision. She couldn't see nearly as well as she normally could, as it seemed the mana that she normally could see that was coursing through the walls, the floors, every single piece of furniture... was all but gone. There was barely any sort of anything around her to see, and combined with the near blindness that she was currently afflicted with... it was definitely not ideal.

She didn't say anything more, just nodded. She didn't actually know if she could ask questions, as that previous slip back into her past subservient self was still lingering. She wanted to ask if someone would be there, or where to go if there wasn't after she was done, but she couldn't bring herself to. She couldn't bring herself to say much of anything for the moment, still.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 08:25:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she stepped into the shower, she heard the man call out.

"Nixie!" they said.

"Make sure Hazel is tended to after her shower." they went on.

"When she's dried off and clothed again, bring her to where we'll help her to see." he continued.

She then heard a pause, before he spoke quietly, unaware she could hear him... barely.

"...and ask if she's sure she wants to be around me. I'm pretty sure I fucked up royally back there..." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 08:34:17 )

There was silence before footsteps approached.

"Hey Luci." A new voice said. Her blue hair was easy to see, but beyond that, not much. After everything was said, she nodded.

"All right, I can do that. Where are you going to be?" She asked, her voice was rather serene, but also a bit rough, almost like rough waters could be both gorgeous and not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 08:41:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll be in debriefing room B." he responded.

"If she doesn't want to be near me, just take her to the detox room so that blinding mana can be taken out of here." he went on.

"I'm off to make sure they'll be ready for her." he finished.

"Long live the dream." he said.

"Long live the dream." the newcomer responded, before the male's footsteps could be heard leaving.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 08:49:26 )

Hazel was completely silent, confused as all hell as to what she'd just witnessed, and mostly heard.

"All right. You want some help?" Nixie asked, drawing Hazel's attention to her.

"I..." She started.

"..... please." She said, extremely quietly. Nixie just rested a hand on Hazel's arm in a comforting manner.

"It's easy to see you're unsteady. Come on, let's get you washed up. I'll make sure you don't hurt yourself inadvertantly." The new woman said calmly, kindly. Hazel was silent, but did nod.

---

About an hour later, Nixie walked with Hazel down to the detox room, and hit a panel on the wall.

"Yo! Drake, you around!?" She called, seeming to know who it was that would be there. She made sure that Hazel was seated before looking around, and getting ready to go off to find someone if she had to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 09:16:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yep!" a male voice responded, as he approached from within the room, the most noticeable thing about him immediately were his leathery wings.

"Lucius told me all about it." he said.

"Hazel's got some mana that's blinding her, and we need to get it out of there." he went on.

"We can do that, no problem." he said further, before looking at Hazel.

"Hey." he said to her.

"You doin' okay, all things considered?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 09:26:21 )

Hazel was silent, apparently stunned for the moment.

"I..." she started.

".... Ok. what? No. .... Was.... Was there another? I mean.." She continued, obviously not being able to wrap her mind around something.

"Hazel? what's up?" Nixie asked, her voice curious, and a bit concerned.

"There... I just..." Hazel started, shaking her head. "I ..." She fell silent as she just falling silent.

"... is tehre something in the room that may have broken her brain or something?" Nixie asked.

"n... no. I ... " Hazel started. "just... just tell me what to do." She then said

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 09:31:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Drake was silent as well for a moment, before shaking his head slightly.

"Uh... right." he said.

"This way, please!" he told her, as the three of them made their way to a device that looked like a giant X-Ray tube, and Hazel laid down on the metal slab that rolled out of it.

"Just hang tight and relax." he said.

"You'll feel a tingling sensation around your eyes, and when it starts to fade, close them." he told her. "Keep 'em closed for a couple minutes, before slowly opening them again." he went on.

"Your sight should be back, full force and 20/20!" he declared triumphantly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 13:37:23 )

Hazel didn't say anything, just followed Drake to where it was that she was directed, and then did as she was told to without question. It wasn't something too surprising, considering her history, but it wasn't something that she would be so willing to do without question, were it not for the little event earlier. She didn't hold it against him, as it seemed that he was honestly just speaking his mind, but ... she couldn't deny the inadvertant effect it had on her.

Sure enough, the tingling sensation was as Drake had said it would be , and she did as she was told. She closed her eyes when the tingling started to fade, and waited. She felt herself pulled back out of the tube, and he helped her sit up to make sure that she didn't hurt herself, since she had her eyes closed and all.

"... so... you said should... is... is there anything I should be worried about?" She asked after a moment, her words a bit hesitant. She could still see him clearly, but it was his mana that she saw. The rooted liquid fire that had such a deep crimson it made her blood freeze, although she was trying to power through it.

Why the hell do I know his mana!? She thought with a mental cry.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 19:58:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Worried about? No." Drake responded.

"I guess... well, what I was saying is that your vision will be as good as it was before you were blinded." he told her. "This doesn't actually IMPROVE vision or anything." he admitted.

"However, after you open your eyes, if you still see blurrily, and you shouldn't, let me know." he then said further. "Means you'll need to keep your eyes closed for a little while longer." he explained.

"The time I gave was an estimate. Might take a bit longer." he went on.

"So no, nothing to actually be worried about, just something to potentially be wary about." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 22:10:29 )

Hazel was silent, but did nod. After a couple of minutes (a little longer than what he'd initially said because she wanted to make sure. As she did open her eyes, she found that her vision was as she was before, what she knew it should have been.

And the one she'd been speaking with wasn't right in front of her. Or he could have been, but she was too taken by looking around to see the room. It was.... well, she knew it was part of the medwing, but, she didn't properly recognise it at all. It was far too different, and while she could tell the roo it was because of some of the features that had been built into the building, everything else was completely different. Even the window that she was sure should have been there, wasn't.

"Wait..." She said after a moment, obviously a bit confused for the moment.

"Where... I mean..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 22:27:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Relax." Drake said.

"It's cool. You're safe." he told her.

"You're at the Unit. Well... yeah, you're at the Unit. What's left, anyway." he said.

"But for now, just try and let your eyes adjust." he went on.

"How are they?" he asked.

"Any issues or anything? Or are they working as they should be?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 22:32:33 )

"Uhh... everything seems ok." Hazel answered, looking around, trying to take in what she was seeing.

"This... this isn't... it can't be." She started after a moment or two.

"I mean... it can't. I ... this isn't where I know. This isn't the unit, there's no way it is . This is somewhere masquerading as it, and it can't be home..." She said quietly, starting to properly realise that she wasn't home any longer.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 22:37:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....what?" Drake asked.

"Hazel, I... I know that things have changed, but you've been here to see it happen." he told her.

"...what the hell did he do to you...?" he then wondered quietly.

"Just... regardless, I assure you, this IS the place you're thinking of." he assured her.

"Just... different." he muttered.

"Out of necessity, really..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.