Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates The Surge: Dressing Room, Outfits Closet, and Inventory Management!

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 00:19:28 )

Volties… I can’t believe it! The new inventory update is finally here! I know for a fact the staff have been working their tail feathers off to get this update ready for you all! It may be a lot to take in at first but never fear, we’ve got a handy explanation of the different features here for you all! I hope you Volties enjoy this update, now read on!
*Friendly reminder to clear your cache!*

Dressing Room
The Dressing Room area of your inventory will allow you to edit your avatar, see what items you previously had equipped, what items you currently are trying on, and access your outfits closet!

The Preview area is no different, it still previews your avatar base with items you are trying on to create a new look!

You’ll notice a new area just below the preview area, Equipped Items + Trying on. The Equipped items list appears first which shows what items your currently save outfit has on. The Trying list represents items you are wearing while creating a new outfit

A neat feature of the Equipped Items list will allow you to see what other items your fellow Volties currently are wearing by visiting their profiles.

A major improvement with this update is the load time of your items. You’ll find that items are organized into main tabs as in the previous version, but with the addition of subtabs what allow for better organization.

Another new feature all in it’s own is the Outfits closet! You can access this closet by clicking on the “view outfits” text just above your avatar preview.

In your Outfits closet you have outfit slots which allow you to save, name, and/or delete your outfits as you please. Everyone starts with one outfit slot, but you can purchase more! You’ll find more information on slot prices and their rates in the purchase window. You can even mark your favorite outfits for future reference! If you have equipped a saved outfit in the future that you may not still own all the items for, those items missing will appear in red.

Inventory Management
The Inventory management section will allow you to customize the organization of your items along with features such as delete, sellback, and boxes.

You can manage an individual item by clicking on it and a pop up box will appear with one or all of the following options: “view in shop,” “delete,” and “sell back.”

The sell back feature will only work for common shop items that were purchased for Volts. If you choose to sell back an item, you will get 50% it’s shop value.

To further help with organization, each account has the ability to create three boxes to act as custom storage. A box can be hidden from both the dressing room and trades. In order to move items into your boxes, you’ll need to use the move item mode located directly underneath the box section.

You’ll notice with this update that the consumables tab will only appear in your inventory manager. This is where you will be able to open crates, plasma orbs, bundles, and other similar items that are interactive. When interacting with your consumables a pop up window will appear to list the contents and option buttons. If you choose to open a consumable and have multiples, the button will transition to “and another” allowing you to open more than one of the same consumable without having to refresh the page!

Additional Notes F.Y.I.

Item Pose Drop Downs: You’ll notice pose drop downs will be kept in alignment of the main item box’s right side to keep poses on screen without having to change the orientation of your screen. You may notice the box become thinner and have less columns, meaning you’ll have to scroll through the dropdown to view and select poses.

Small Common Item Recolor Orbs: We have yet to decide on a way to handle smaller items such as accessories or face additions that use the recolored orbs which purpose is to better display the color you are selecting. This mainly impacts how items are viewed in the inventory management section of your avatar page.
For the meantime, we’d like to inform you of some tricks to identify these types of items: You can hover to see the name of the item the colored orb represents or “View In Shop.”
Some options we’ve brainstormed to implement at a later date
When hovering, the item's parent thumbnail (greyscale that appears in shops) will appear over the orb or Place the item’s parent thumbnail in the corner. Please utilize the feedback thread below to share other ideas we haven't thought of!

A fresh base: This is an odd one, but we recommend to unequipped all items and save your avatar the first time around to start off fresh. The system acts a little wonky right off the bat.

Feedback Thread
Though we are very happy and excited to release this major update with the multiple new features it brings, there is always room for improvement!
As mentioned, there are some aspects we are aware of that could use a bit more TLC!
Use the following feedback thread to share your thoughts on how we can improve the new avatar interface with future updates. Thanks, Volties!

Link to Thread

Inventory Management, Dressing Room, Outfits, and supporting features all coded by our wonderful former developer, Hazer!
Inventory System Released / Features added/updated/edited by our amazing current Interface Support staff, Pathologic!
Item tabbing by our hard-working Item Technicians and bug testing by our lovely supporting staff members.

Surge and Tutorial written and revised by Fozzy and Lilypoo

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 00:29:07 )

AAAAA exciting
    thank you staff for your hard work !!!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 00:34:54 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

MY INVENTORY DOESN’T TAKE FOREVER LOADING ANYMORE! Thank you thank you thank yooooou!

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 00:47:02 )

Awesome!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 00:54:05 )
A small update was made to the original post. Along with clearing your cache, we recommend to unequipped all items and saving a blank avatar. Think of it as clearing your cache for your avatars dressing room/inventory! haha

Spark:
A fresh base: This is an odd one, but we recommend to unequipped all items and save your avatar the first time around to start off fresh. Otherwise the system may act a little wonky right off the bat.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 00:57:52 )
Oh my gosh this is amazing! It loads instantly now. I feel so happy rn!
Thank you for this update.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 01:09:15 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

I love the new dressing room! Much easier to find things I want to put/try on ^_^

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 01:27:03 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

holy cow..i just did my avi and it was the fastest I've ever made even a simple avi I LOVE THIS.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 01:48:33 )

OMMMG YAAASSSSSS FOR THE OUTFIT SLOTS!
I've been waiting for this thank you ♥♥♥

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 02:04:47 )
Oooh this is a huge improvement, nice job!! Everything loads so much snappier now too.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 02:32:02 )

》::: ✿・`.*
IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS THANK U omg 😭
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 03:30:47 )

SELLBACK FEATURE

thank you for the new inventory it's so much better

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 04:36:20 )
This inventory update is fantastic. Loads so much faster, and crates and orbs are so much easier to open now

Thank you for all the hard work you guys do.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 04:48:38 )

Oh my gosh I love everything about this.

I've been waiting for this since last summer~ I'm so ready to try this out.

Thank you to all the staff who worked on this.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 08:11:40 )
omggg delete??? o:

this is great! thank you staff

e
I'm the master of me and isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground?

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 12:28:39 )
❄🌈Today is a fresh start, do the next best thing and check in on your friends! 🌈❄

Big shout out to the staff and everyone who has worked to make this happen. I cannot wait to go tinker around with the new options. Thank you so very much!!!
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 13:41:46 )
It will take me a while getting used to it all since im newbish xD but i will get there i do like it.. its just a little confusing at the minute.. thank you to all the staff for the hard work <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 14:32:11 )

I am looking for some items in my quest thread!
I can offer a trade or art for them!

Being able to make and switch between outfits will be neat! :)

Edit: On second thought, maybe I'll leave it a bit. I can't equip two items from the one set anymore. I cleaned my Cache. (I think. I'm not good at computering.) But I'll just stick with my current avatar for a while then. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 19:11:55 )

@Synthetic Nature: I found the same bug. When that happens unequip all and then refresh and it should work for you. That’s how I got around the big last night.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 20:50:10 )

I am looking for some items in my quest thread!
I can offer a trade or art for them!

@Totalanimefan: Ah! Yeah, that seems to work. For a moment I thought the staff were removing that feature. I really like that about this place. On Gaia, you can only have one equipped so you have to buy multiple overpriced items.

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.