Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 22:06:05 )

@blue: To be fair, that was when I checked over the summer, but yeah it was like July and it send I could book an appt in Dec....Um no, I'll wait lol
I'm not sure if I want to get a taxi or take the metro to the airport. I'll probably just take the metro (it's a train) because traffic isn't a factor.
When I lived in San Jose, I would often fly out of SF's airport because there weren't many direct flights out of SJ. It was such a pain. Uber was at leasts $60 one way and was about an hour too. Plus then you should tip them because it was a far ride.
I did drive one time to San Jose airport and parked the car. It was $150 for the parking for a long weekend. I was like WTF never again lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 22:45:04 )
    @Totalanimefan: Yeah, it's just bonkers to me how expensive parking can be. Especially when they don't guarantee anything for your vehicle if you do happen to park it at the airport. I paid to park my car at a hotel lot once, and my car had been broken into but at least they were nice about it. They found a little compartment I never knew I had, didn't break the windows, and closed the door after. I never keep anything in my car, so it would be easy to honestly believe it was one of those cars set up to catch thieves.

Also, it was manual, so that thing wasn't going anywhere, hahaha!

I think the most expensive Uber I've ever head of was $200+ that a classmate paid for. I think part of it was out of spite to everyone else, and the other part was necessity because no one was really willing to put up with her long enough to do a favor.

The taxis here aren't too bad; some have a flat rate for going to and from the airport (usually around $40). On my first trip here, this guy gave me a scenic view and drove past a few areas to hang out. My partner told me that's how you get kidnapped and I just figured that I lived a good life.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/4 04:17:53 )

@blue: totally they are such a rip off. My car was broken into 3 times in 5 years when I lived in CA.
Wow that’s really expensive. I think my most expensive ride was an $85 taxi from JFK airport to Manhattan. But I had just got off an overnight flight and I was so tired. I just had to sit in a car instead of take the train. I also tipped him $20. Well it’s T-24 hours until my flight to England. I keep feeling nothing, then getting excited then getting anxious lol. I can’t stop.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/4 19:22:01 )
@Totalanimefan: How long will it take? Maybe you can toss back some melatonin or something and sleep through the trip? Either way I know it will go well and I'm glad you're going on an adventure!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/4 19:31:43 )

@SorrowTheMad: That would be wonderful. I tried that when flying to Japan, didn't work lol
I think I might have to take some motion sickness meds, because to get to the airport I have to be on a train for an hour and sometimes I get motion sick. Maybe the leftover would help me sleep on the plane? lol
The flight is 7 hours. Thank you! It was a pain to set everything up with all of the rules between the two countries.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/5 00:44:47 )
    I thought that melatonin stuff was a joke but I recently tried some gummy version and I no longer believe it's a joke. It's wild how that stuff can just knock you out! I have trouble sleeping when I'm studying because I get anxious--it's just the effect of the subject matter. As much as I appreciate being able to be knocked out, I don't really find the vivid dreams conducive to rest.

I mean, the dreams are just bonkers.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/5 04:23:49 )

@blue: wow which brand do you have? Maybe I should try that.
Oh if the dreams are like that then maybe I don’t want to try it. I already have weird dreams that I remember.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/5 04:59:17 )
    @Totalanimefan: I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I noticed that I get some strange dreams when I use a sleep aid. The ones that I have used recently with the melatonin are from Zzzquil.

Voltie — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/6 01:29:07 )

@Totalanimefan: things take up sm time >.< but catching a few is better than nothing !
i agree, the art is so nice !! i really like the idea of it / love seeing the mascots a lot

that's fair, i think there should definitely be a good break between events, it gives
time to catch up on things and jus chill for a little while.. especially cuz they last
a few days, i'm usually pretty bad at keeping up with things like this &__&

yea hehe don't worry i think i saw you say you weren't a while ago !! it's okay, guesses
are just as good, i'm mainly just curious. nothing that can't wait until it really happens !

yesss !! the items are well thought out, well put together and the events are the same
it's really enjoyable to have something so authentic.. like i said i never was on gaia but
my partner was and i've definitely heard of how things are now.. very glad i am here heh
also your avi is sooo good rn * o * i love that set, i don't rememeber seeing it actually

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/6 09:37:41 )

@blue: oh I heard that brand really works lol. Maybe I’ll have to get that one for when I travel.
How long does it make you sleep for?

@harmony: I have some event currency I can give you. How much do you need? I have a ton from playing Blackjack daily plus posting.
Haha good. I had someone think that I was staff and ever since then I’ve just been like, this is my opinion lol.
Gaia events were fun in the past but the event items sucked to put it bluntly. I don’t do Gaia anymore or the events.
Thank you. This was a past avatar I won avatar of the week with ^^ if you go to my profile it should have a list of the items I’m wearing.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/6 22:56:19 )
Kinda wish they'd do more avi contests soon, but I know they've been busy too.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 01:06:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Ouch, sorry it was a pain to set up, and that the sleeping pills didn't work before. Hope your trip went well. When are you supposed to come back?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 09:45:41 )

@Aisukohi: totally. They were great! I think it’s cause the person that runs them is on break or not apart of staff anymore? I’m not totally sure but I would think it would be something like that.
@SorrowTheMad: thanks. I’m still in the UK and will be until the 13th. It’s an early flight so I’m leaving for London on the 12th. I’m up in the north right now.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 13:21:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Ah ok! How's the trip been for you so far? :D Hope it's been a fun, smooth time so far :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 19:46:48 )
@Totalanimefan: Probably, but it's fine. I know life gets hella busy (mine always seems to be lately).

If I had prizes worth giving, and more time to dedicate here, I'd consider running a contest myself.

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 22:27:22 )

@Totalanimefan: It sounds nice! was it rainy in Manchester? I've heard that its pretty rainy there. I bet its cold though! haha
I've been pretty good, Just going day by day while trying to settle my grandmothers stuff. Of course we can't really cancel power etc. because we don't have D.Cs. yet so its a waiting game for them. and her belongings etc..ugh!! The woman was a PACK RAT!! she never threw anything away/was always getting new stuff etc.

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 23:51:16 )

@Aisukohi: that would be cool but totally no pressure to start one. How have you been? Have you finished Christmas shopping?
@SorrowTheMad: trip has been good. I think it’s just been nice to see and experience a different country (even though I lived here in the past)
@NixieFae: yes it was rainy. There was actually a big storm. But it almost always rain in winter in the UK.
People always have way more stuff then you think. I’m sorry about your grandma. How are you doing?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 02:35:28 )
@Totalanimefan: Been pretty good! Latest news for me is getting a promotion, which I get my new title next month, and my new car finally got here, so been very happy recently!

I've yet to start my Christmas shopping, which is how I usually do. XD I'm hoping to start either this weekend or early next week.

How about you? I see that you took a trip to the UK?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 02:38:27 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oh!! i was scared it's too late for event but it looks like we still have 2 days :-)) i'm gonna try to get a possession and a trapped in a mirror

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 02:39:26 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

how has everyone been??

aisu i'm loving ur avi!! the eyes look really good w everything too :3
congrats on your promotion!!!!

who will u be shopping for?? do u have anything on ur wishlist?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.