Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/24 23:58:45 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

wow $300 for pet and cleaning fee??
they're really taking advantage cuz they know ppl w pets don't have a choice :-/

but yay congrats to you for being done!!!! it's so tedious to do booking, it's super easy to make an expensive mistake lol so yay for that part being behind you!
how many days driving will it be? are you stopping by anywhere along the way or mainly just wanting to get there as fast as possible?

lol... there's kind of an appeal to gas station coffee though, like yes it's bad but that's what makes it good :3

and ty! ^^ i was able to get two paintings in today so i'm proud of that
you're super close to being done for the week too :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 00:17:14 )
@Totalanimefan: $150 cleaning fee is highway robbery

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 08:27:50 )

@Lilykin: that’s cause it is. I didn’t pick that hotel.
@LupaPrinceRomulus: ready for the weekend? Any plans?
@Lina: thank you. I normally don’t take that long but with the pandemic you really have to be careful.
@xvz: yeah that wasn’t the hotel for me. I can’t believe they would try and charge people that much. Damn. It’s 45 hours over 5 days. About 11 hours each the first three days then 9 hours and 2 hours. We won’t really be seeing stuff since we are traveling through a lot of hotspots for corona. I really hope we don’t get it.
I don’t have to worry about that ‘appeal’ I’m not a coffee drinker lol
Wow two that quickly? That’s amazing. You are on a roll!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 08:30:09 )

I wanted to say that I appreciate you all so much! Thanks for making this thread a great place to hang out.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 16:06:30 )

aww i think you are always open to chatting so people feel comfortable hanging around here ^^

wheww 45 hrs over 5 days sounds like a lot, but at least at the beginning of the week you can tell yourself it'll be done w/in the week haha
i think as long as you're masked, handwashing/sanitizing, avoiding crowded indoor places, etc. you should be ok! nyc had a month of mass protests and our cases have been down the whole time... i feel like if it's true that that was ok, anything in my zone of comfort (as a fairly cautious person) should be fine

and ty! i'm gonna see how much more i can fit in this week :-)
i usually spend my free time hanging out w friends so this year i've had to rethink how to spend my time lol

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 16:25:08 )
@Totalanimefan: active charities are hard to find, it’s important to keep them going! You’re a wonderful person to run a charity, you deserve all the support you can get!!

Also I think it’s amazing how you tackled all those travel plans! Just thinking about it gives me anxiety. >.<
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 19:27:42 )

@xvz: Loving the new avatar and post style. That is one of the most original avatars I think I've ever seen.

Thanks for saying that. It's nice to hear <3

Yeah when I'm actually one the road I think I'll be ok. It's in the hotel that I'm a bit more worried about. What if the last person in my room had it and they didn't clean it enough? What if it's in the AC filter? I will always be wearing a mask and washing my hands and staying away from people. I can't find alcohol wipes anywhere. I think one of the hotels said that they give you a small pack a wipes when you check in, so that's good.

Keep it up. I had to learn how to spend my time in this pandemic too. It's weird. Also the event is starting soon, so that will help!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 19:41:35 )

@Lina: Thanks! I don't think my charity does that much, a lot of people aren't asking for pure for commons. XD But it's also it's nice to have a thread you know you can chat in.

Honestly I'm trying not to stress too much over it because stress makes your immune system not the greatest. I'm also kinda worried because lots of times when I travel I get sick with a cold or something worse but my body really doesn't like the stress of traveling (even though I like to go places). So I just have to relax and try to tackle just a little bit everyday.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 19:56:23 )

@totalanimefan: wow tysm ^^ what a nice compliment lol
i was going for underwater geyser deity haha i thought it would complement my previous one!
it was fun to use deep sea diver for a firey avi and magmama for a watery one :3

you got this !! and seconding taking relax breaks :-)

can you get rubbing alcohol? or like i use disinfectant liquid which is usually in stock and i put it in a spray bottle w water and use paper towels
you're pretty cautious so i think you'll be fine!! i don't think it's like u strictly get bad or or don't at all, i think if you're minimally exposed you won't be as affected and you're definitely on the less exposed side considering how careful you're being

and thanks ^^ i'm really excited for the event too!
how as your free time been changing?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 20:15:24 )
@Totalanimefan: I feel you. I usually plan my stops ahead of time and bring food for the road so I have to stop even less lol

As for wipes, you might try auto stores. My sister's bf's store has been getting them consistently

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 20:17:10 )

@xvz: Save that outfit!

Yeah I've been trying to do that. like I haven't even started to do the packing for today. I'm trying to have a nice morning. I'm about to eat lunch and then start with the packing.

I have rubbing alcohol but it's only 50%. Experts say you need at least 70% to be good against Corona. So it's not good enough. I'm pretty strict about everything because I really don't want the virus and I don't want my husband to get it either. Even if you have a mild case they are finding that people who recover aren't 100% after.

I'm soo excited for the event. I was hoping that the event would start before I started packing but I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe I should have started packing this morning so that I could enjoy the event more. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 20:19:33 )

@Lilykin: Yeah the first day we are making sandwiches and taking those with us. So we don't have to stop for lunch. Not only are we driving through a COVID hot zone most of that day, but I figure that's the day we will be getting one the road the latest. It's going to take some time to pack the car.
Thank you for the auto store suggestion. I think I'll do that.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 23:49:38 )
@Totalanimefan: I'd take pb/crackers/trail mix and basically anything shelf stable too. No need to stop for snacks lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/25 23:58:09 )
@totalanimefan: Trying to find artists while this outbreak's still going on, how about you?

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 00:12:29 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus: Artist for what?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 00:19:14 )

@Lilykin: I totally am. I just don’t think that’s enough for 5 days. Having 3 real meals per day is important.
@LupaPrinceRomulus: artists for what?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 00:20:49 )

I’m a few hours into packing. We had to stop at the container store.
We haven’t been very gung ho about it today. We are just really tired. We have been packing or doing something that related to us moving for the last two weeks.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 00:24:20 )
@Totalanimefan: Snacks can totally be a meal XD. Packing is rough tho. My last move was just across town and even then it was such a hassle
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 02:07:03 )

@Lilykin: yeah it is. My husband is probably regretting having so many electric toys. Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 02:08:16 )

I know I’m close to finishing but I don’t wanna pack anymore today T-T
We are taking a break for a sweet snack

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.