Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 13:41:16 )

@DreamerZ: yeah Voltra staff hosts events and they are fun.
@Alorrena: we have made so many trips. The movers came yesterday and moved out furniture out of the old place and into the new. They are very good. Our temp place is smaller than our old place by like 200 sqft. So it’s tough to fit all our stuff in. We also found out the condo that it being built won’t be done for another 8 months. We were told 6 months from now originally. So we have to ask the leasing staff about the lease here again. There is still lots to unpack. I hope you get the job!

@SorrowTheMad: it’s ok. I’ve been super busy this week with moving. No time for anything else really. I think there are some things that either have to go to storage or donated while we are in this apartment.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 02:57:57 )
@Alorrena: slow as heck. Feels oddly wasted...

@Totalanimefan: so much I don't know lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 03:26:04 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds so rough! We were lucky enough to just have the one trip. Well, kinda. we/ I planned it that way. I hate making multiple trips if i can avoid it. I tend to get a larger uhaul truck than i think i need for my stuff because i always under estimate how much stuff i have/ how much space it will take up, especially with the couch. I think i may have slight spatial awareness issues (also in day to day life too- i'm always bumping into things or stubbing my toes!). So when we move, we get a big truck, we hire people to load the truck with everything, and then when we get to the new place, we hire people to unload it. Unpacking is easy for me and isn't a chore because i have adhd and issues with object permanence so it's almost like getting new stuff lol. This last move was a slight exception though because i procrastinated a little too much and i kept finding boxes that needed taped, so it slowed the movers down, so there was like 2 car loads left of stuff. I went back for one load, and the next time we're in Orlando I think we will be getting the last load, but we're in no real rush because our old roommates agreed to hang onto our stuff until my mother in law moves out, which will probably be as soon as i get my first pay check from the new job. I didn't get an email saying i wasn't hired, so i'm basically left to just assume that i got it. In the mean time, we're able to afford everything with my mother in law paying half the rent.

@DreamerZ: I totally get that. It's been a slow day for me too ( i slept until close to 6 pm anyways). I've done next to nothing today. I haven't really been feeling like doing a whole lot yet either, so that's not really helpful.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 04:45:39 )
@Alorrena: just 1 of them periods

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 06:28:58 )
@DreamerZ: Yeah. I just played the oregon trail. it was ok. Now idk what imma do lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 16:02:15 )

@DreamerZ: Yeah just wait until you experience your first event. They are so much fun and normally have freebies too. You can earn event currency and there are lots of threads to hang out in.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 16:20:30 )

@Alorrena: I feel like maybe I should do that in the future. It was just a lot. Plus I felt like we had no time to pack either.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 23:41:05 )
@Alorrena: as in the retro game?

@Totalanimefan: sounds cute lol

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 02:02:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, Tyi and i did it for the first time when we moved to orlando and it was the best thing ever, so we decided to do it again when we moved this time. We could have had the movers help us pack, but we didn't wanna pay for that, but in theory, we could have just let them do everything if we wanted lol

@DreamerZ: Yep that's the one.

We have my husband's cousins visiting. There's a lot of kids. it's been less that an hour and i'm exhausted.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 02:33:40 )
@Totalanimefan: aww thanks <3 that’s always nice to hear

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 02:34:58 )
@Alorrena: at least you got everything done, sucks that it was stressful. Where are you moving to?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 04:00:41 )
@Ruby: We moved from orlando to Deltona, FL. We're closer to my inlaws here, which is good because gram has dementia.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 04:43:14 )
@Alorrena: ah gotcha :) my grandma used to live in DeLand, we moved her up here may 2020, which was good because she has so many health problems. If only she were nicer lol
Its nice you’re able to be closer

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 06:54:47 )
@Ruby: Oh wow! I never expect people to be familiar with this area lol
I feel like sometimes people, as they get older and have more health problems, tend to get grouchier and meaner because of their discomfort. It's rough to deal with when you're the family members, both because of the emotional attachment, and because there's really no getting away from it.

I love your avatar!!! What lips are those?

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 08:09:43 )
@Alorrena: yeah that happens a lot. Not so much in my case tho. She’s always been a mean miserable woman and there’s no love there lol but, can’t just leave her to die ya know? Its a big stressor but someones gotta do it. At least we don’t have to live with her.
Best of luck with your situation <3

Oh thanks! I’m quite fond of it myself :3 first avi I’ve made in at least 4 months lol the lips are Pouty Lips, its a common in Vyc’s shop. Idk if you know this already or not but everyone’s profile lists which items they are wearing too <3

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 09:51:12 )
@Ruby: yeah, some people are like that, that's true. Its definitely easier to deal with when you're not living with the person.

oh okay! thanks! No, i didn't know that! Good to know! :D I'm working on another avatar and i think those lips would be perfect! And then i have to fiddle with finding the right eyes lol. Some eyes sit too high or are too big for the look i'm trying to achieve, but i'll figure it out i'm sure.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 12:18:33 )
@Alorrena: Oh man, I love steak! How do you usually have yours (or want it, anyway)? I like mine rare but they always screw it up so I just ask for medium rare. Sorry to hear you had to settle on a place to eat though. That sucks :/ ]

@Totalanimefan: I can imagine that that's super busy! Hopefully it'll be over soon though and then you'll be back to not being busy :) I was gone all weekend at a friend's house. I have a friend that I basically consider a little sister but I don't know her husband too well yet, so while she was working over the weekend I was bonding with Josh :) It was a lot of fun.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 12:32:56 )
@SorrowTheMad: I like my steak medium, but more on the medium rare side. So i order it medium rare because it's usually over cooked, and i can handle medium rare if it actually comes out that way. hmm. now i want more steak lol Yeah, the settling thing sucked, but at least it was an acceptable compromise. I think i might try to convince my husband to go to Sushi King sometime this week since i still really want sushi.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 16:05:20 )

@DreamerZ: Have you ever been apart of an avatar site's event?

@Alorrena: That's great. I don't know if I told you but when they showed up, they didn't have any boxes and we were out of them so they couldn't move all of our stuff.

@Ruby: Yeah of course. ^^ How are you?

@SorrowTheMad: Thank you. I would love that. We are still unpacking. But now my dog is having health problems. Have to take him to a pet ER.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/23 20:46:43 )

I need to remember to post here orz

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.