Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 04:02:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Uncomfortable couches suck. My friend Courtney and her husband Josh have a FANTASTIC couch and I would absolutely put that in a room and use it as a bed (it's big enough to be used for that). It really was fun! I needed this. I've got a lot going on right now and a mini vacation with some of my favorite people is what I needed. I'm sorry that you don't have anyone nearby :(

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 04:56:39 )
@SorrowTheMad: Hey what item (is?) are your horns from?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 12:13:41 )
@Alorrena: That would have to be a question for @Ruby: since she did my avi lol! Sorry

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 12:50:17 )
@Alorrena: Totally understandable why you might wait. Though I do think most people in Japan know some english, as they are required to learn it in school. So you might not need much Japanese if you go to bigger cities. I had a friend who lived there teaching in the Jet program.

We did get to go, we went to CA for 10 days. We are from the East Coast, and I had never left my time zone before. Because of the covid delay and because neither of us lost our jobs, legal is consider essential due to bill of rights, and his job did work for home, we saved the stimmys and any extra cash we had. We really had wanted to do a tour of some European countries, but glad that ended up not working out due to the war that I worry might spread.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 13:49:48 )
@Totalanimefan: That definitely sounds like a sucky situation to be in, but like you said - it could be sooo much worse. And yes, selling a house up there in the spring or summer is vastly easier than it is in the winter! I'm sure you'll do fine with it all, but still... good luck :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 13:51:18 )
@Alorrena: So you've got several stages of moving and setting up and so forth to do with this desk! That's a bit of a pain, but at least you have a plan, right? XD

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 14:49:53 )
@Rei Ann: I know most japanese people know at least some english, but i find it rude to go to a country and not know how to at least ask where the bathroom is or anything like that in the native language. If i was going to Spain or Italy or Germany, etc., i'd want to learn a little bit of those languages too before going. I'm glad to hear that you were able to go on your honeymoon! That's excellent news! California is a nice state. Did you go to Disneyland, or did you do other things? I totally understand being glad that europe didn't work out because of the war. That's a scary enough thing as far away as america is, i can't imagine what it's like to be near it.

@SorrowTheMad: Oh okay! I'll be sure to ask her when she's on next lol I like them :D

@Wildfire: haha yeah, It's a bit annoying, but it is what it is, and everything will work out eventually. And fortunately it won't be too difficult to move everything when the time comes, so there's that.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 16:05:36 )

@DreamerZ: lololol ain't that the truth. I've been on other avatar sites before over the years. They were all better than Gaia, but none of them were as nice as the community on Voltra. Voltra is small, so I wonder if that's why?

@Rei Ann: My husband and I do have long covid. We are working on getting better. My husband has a Rx from the Dr that he's taking for his GI issues. I have brain fog, so I'm having vitamins daily to help my brain. I'm also going for walks daily to work on my lungs and I think that also helps your brain fog too?

@Alorrena: That sounds so uncomfortable. It's good that you have an actual chair now. Those horns from Shadow are the Tauros item. It's a past Orb item.

@Hydrangea: Nice. That's cool. I've been working hard on my school work. I want to finish my current class before I start moving this weekend/early next week. I'm already finished reading the textbook so I will probably take the exam tomorrow. On Tuesday I'm moving to a new place, so I have to pack this weekend.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 16:13:22 )
@Totalanimefan: It was. The chair is so nice :D

Ooh okay! Thanks!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 16:13:29 )

@SorrowTheMad: Those are the kind of couches that I own. Comfortable. So good that you can sleep on them. I've even done it before when we had company over and I wanted to give them the bed, or when I had Rona and had to sleep in a different room then my husband.
You inspired me to reach out to my bestie that lives in FL. So thanks. It does suck, but I'm becoming friends with one person here and I like her. We just aren't at the level of hanging for the whole weekend. She has been to my house a few times.

@Wildfire: Yeah it does suck, and now I know why the owner before me was like you have to buy the house as is, and they used the excuse that it's a fast market, so they would just go with someone else that would buy it under those conditions because they wanted to sell quickly. We really liked the kitchen and really, really liked the walkability of this location, so we bought it. I would say it was still probably a good idea because of how the market prices are just crazy in this area, but yeah. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. Other houses on the block or very close to us have sold within a week. I wonder if the high mortgage rates will hurt us, but I think it will be fine.
And thanks for the luck. When I think about all the work of packing, moving, hiring deep cleaners, getting it staged, de-weeding the backyard, I'm like ugh. lolol. Also the windows we bought in Jan aren't here yet, they said May, but we haven't gotten a call from them yet.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 16:27:05 )
@Alorrena: there's that. :3 I'm sure you'll be fine selling it - the markets all over the place seem to be booming lately.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 16:53:27 )

@Alorrena: What are you up to today?

@Wildfire: Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for too! <3

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 18:43:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Not a whole lot. One of the last two monitors said it arrived today so i'll probably go out to Daytona to get it. It's annoying to be going back and forth though. Tomorrow will probably have the last one delivered out there, and i would just go tomorrow, but Tyi is anxious to get everything as it comes in. Other than that, i think i'll try playing a few games, not sure yet.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 19:51:27 )

@Alorrena: Wow that's far to travel for the monitor.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 22:56:00 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh dear. Well it sounds like you guys are working to get fully better. But I am so sorry ya'll have to deal with that.

@Alorrena: I get that. Well I hope you do get to learn enough to feel like going soon. I hear it's a very lovely place. I would love to go one day myself.

I did go to Disneyland, but well I found it very underwhelming compared to Disney World, which I've been to before. Well it wasn't just the war, when we thought the wedding was 2021, we didn't think we had the funds to travel and there was still tons of travel bans. The vaccine at the time we had wanted to get married, I think it was only allowed for people with medical issues or seniors, so we didn't even had that option yet. This year we got our jabs, and no bans, but now war. Ugh. I want to go to another country so bad.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 23:38:44 )

@Rei Ann: I'm trying my hardest. I don't want to live with brain fog and low energy for the rest of my life. It's been about 4-5 weeks and while I'm better, I'm still not like before. You said your husband has long covid too? What does he have? And for how long has he had it?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 23:43:49 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't think I said he had long covid. I know he had normal covid. Though he thinks sometimes he has it. Ever since he got covid, he has been like more tired than normal, and more forgetful than normal. But we thought that might be related to his sleep apena. He had covid right before Christmas of 2021. He kinda been exhausted since then, but Idk if it's long covid.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 01:20:34 )

@Rei Ann: Those things are both very, very common in people who have had covid and are considered long covid. I know that it can go away with time. Also vitamins help.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 01:35:00 )
@Totalanimefan: What kinda of vitamins? He's been taking vitamin D every day, but that cuz he never goes outside really due to working from home full time.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 01:36:20 )
@Totalanimefan: it wasn't too bad. I mean, we went to daytona to get the first two on monday, and then since the CPUs came in that day too we went all the way to Orlando to get those. And then the next day (yesterday) we were supposed to get a monitor but it wasn't there, and today we were supposed to get the last one, but it looks like i'm making another trip to Daytona tomorrow cause there was only one to pick up today. We did get dual monitor stands today, so i ended up getting myself fully set up. It feels weird having two monitors. I do know, however, that i will be using the first one i got for games because it has a higher resolution lol.

@Rei Ann: You know i totally get the disney thing. When i was a kid my mom and aunt took me and my older sibling to Disney land, and it was fun, but i don't remember it as well. I do remember toon town and it having a lot of who framed roger rabbit stuff that i'm pretty sure they got rid of. I also remembered the Tea cups lol We just went to WDW in january with my mom and older sibling (we went for 10 days, it was a lot of fun, but also tiring.) I think Both properties have their own things that they bring to the table, but i don't remember WDL having more than 2 parks, so WDW seems a lot bigger.

Ah ok, i get that. I qualified as someone in the "high risk" categories, but i put off getting the shot until i had to at the last moment. I didn't go anywhere to begin with, But i also have bad anxiety and have a hard time setting up appointments for myself. So my mom finally found a pharmacy near my dad's (cause i was visiting him for like 3 months last year just because i could lol) and told my dad to make sure i went. So i went lol I don't have any regrets getting it. So i got the 2 shot one, but had to get the second dose when i was back home, and then mom made me get the booster too. The first shots weren't too bad, but the booster put me on my ass. So i got the booster in december, went to WDW in January, and then ended up getting covid from my old roommate last month after i got back from a week long trip to visit my mom lol go figure.

Also, Vitamin B6 for energy! And then Zinc for immune support. and Vitamin c i think will help too.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.