Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 14:46:23 )
@Ruby: Ok not everyone. Some people. Like Kathy. Lol.

@Totalanimefan: I can't remember the exact plotline but yeah she knew, he was a clone but completely human. The Doctor even gave the clone Doctor a TARDIS seed "so you can grow your own."

Donna's storyline in my opinion is the saddest. Rose ends up with a clone Doctor and a happy ending. Martha ends up with her own happy ending. Amy and Rory (allegedly) end up together (I have a theory though that they didn't) and have a happy ending. Sarah Jane had an entire family and had a life after the Doctor left her (and a happy ending). But Donna just ended up forgetting the only thing that made her happy, made her feel confident, she went right back to being insecure and smothered by her overbearing mother like it never happened. And poor Wilfred had to watch it happen and be unable to say anything.

Sorry I loved Doctor Who when it was good, and so I tend to jabber about it whenever I get the chance. Also Dexter is getting a ninth season here in the Fall! I'm so excited :D

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 18:07:57 )
@SorrowTheMad: okay yeah but people like her don’t deserve kindness xD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 22:23:32 )

@Ruby: It’s no problem. ^^

@NixieFae: The event was super fun. The daily games where nice and I loved the theme this year. I have been playing more snap. I’ve also been looking up videos online because some of this stuff is too much steps for me to figure out lol. I’m not sure if I got more rare photos. I think so. I got Suicine!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 22:26:53 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah I remember something like that with Rose too. But I watched it 10 years ago. I don’t mind talking about Dr Who with you, but I haven’t seen as many episodes as you lol.
Donnas was really sad and I also remember an episode where she was in our own dream but didn’t realize it. And her life was flashing before her but it all didn’t seem right.
I was never into Dexter but my husband was/is. Idk if he will watch the new season because it’s been so long.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 23:33:28 )
@Ruby: Fair enough lol. xD

@Totalanimefan: That's totally fine if you haven't lol. It's been a long time for me, I just really remember things that I like. Like I kid you not I can't tell you how many times I've seen an actor/actress, gone "Hm, they look familiar," and it turns out the only thing I've seen them in is a couple episodes of Doctor Who. Lol.
That might be Turn Left. There was also Silence in the Library/Forests of the Dead (it was a two parter) that had something like that in it. Legitimately, Silence in the Library damn near made me cry the second time I watched it. Someone dies in it, and at the time she doesn't really matter as it's her first appearance, but the longer into the series it gets, the more you realize how much she means and the worse it is.
I get that, I only watched it for the first and second time a few years ago so it's pretty fresh in my mind. So psyched there's more after that terrible ending :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 23:37:20 )

@SorrowTheMad: Sometimes Dr Who made me cry too. I most definitely was crying with rose’s ending, but Donna’s too (and Tennat lol)
I think that’s the ep. It was a sad one.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 23:42:21 )
@Totalanimefan: I can definitely say Doomsday (Rose's last episode before the whole multiverse thing happened) made me cry. The Angels Take Manhattan (Amy and Rory's last episode) made me cry. Donna's last episode did, and that entire sequence where 10 is going to meet people before he regenerates either did or almost made me cry. I can't remember. The love and respect that 10 had for Wilfred was so awesome.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 23:50:24 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yes to all of that!
I have another Dr Who Story. I was watching Dr Who to catch up with my British friends, and they didn’t tell me about the episode Wink.
Well I watched it at 10pm at night alone at a home that wasn’t mine (I was house sitting) and I’m a wimp when it comes to scary. I didn’t sleep the whole night and when it was morning in the UK (still middle of the night for me) I called my British friend and I was like, why didn’t you tell me this ep was scary! It’s 3am and I haven’t slept at all and I’m in a house that isn’t mine! Lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 23:59:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, Moffat has a real talent for making scary, spooky episodes. Once he took over the show quite a few of the episodes started to end up as horror-esque. The angels are a pretty scary enemy honestly. :) I really like Silurians, the lizard people. Madame Vastra is one of my favorite characters in Doctor Who, her and her wife Jenny Flint are amazing :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 00:09:54 )

@SorrowTheMad: Oh yeah the lizard people ep. I forgot about that.
I had no idea before Wink that it could be scary and of course it was under those circumstances lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 00:13:34 )

On a side note, I tried to make Lentils tonight for the first time. I’m making Dahl right now and its turning out bad. XD

The lentils are cooked but have this dry texture to them that I’m hating, I guess the recipe wasn’t a good one either because it tastes to watery, turns out you aren’t supposed to salt them while cooking because they can make them take longer to cook, also I’m worried that I tried the lentils too soon and that might make me have food poisoning. I think I’m ok, cause I tried them for sure after the cooking instructions on the bag said, but because they had that texture I’m worried lol.
It’s just like a wired horrible goop right now and I’m sad. :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 01:24:29 )
@Totalanimefan: I love how Doctor Who can make normal things scary, like angel statues or mannequins. Lol. But yeah, that sounds like a bad time to watch that episode.

What's Dahl? I've never heard of it. Sorry to hear it's not going so well though! That's really unfortunate, but I hope you don't get food poisoning. Hopefully the next time you try it it will work out perfectly!

I had a long, fun day. Spent a couple hours playing Cribbage with my grandma, then I went to the card shop in town to play some Magic! We're apparently going to start tournaments up again the 28th which is super exciting. I've been having a lot of fun with Magic lately, they released a set based on Norse mythology. So Gods, Vikings, and legends. :) And I would have stayed until 8ish which is when they close but I had to come home. We're watching a coworker's Pitbull while she's on vacation, and so it was my turn to watch her while my parents are out of the house.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 17:39:14 )

@Totalanimefan: since event is done, time to move back to this thread! :3
How are you today?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 16:55:31 )

@Vixen: Yay. It's nice to have you back. I'm ok today. Over the weekend though I overheated because I was too dehydrated. I stopped sweating while I was out in the sun. No good. Luckily I know how to deal with it. I found a spot in the shade, had a whole bottle of juice and then tea with sugar in it for rehydration. Walked home and started to feel a little normal again. Then I bought electrolyte water and downed that too. For about 24 hours my body was really hot and I had a hard time cooling it down. I'm totally better today though.
How was your weekend?

@SorrowTheMad: lol yes it was. And then about 3 months later I was cat/house sitting for another family friend and the road just before you turned to go to there street was a graveyard with angels that looked like the ones in Blink!! I was like, Oh NO! lol
The Dahl was saved with my spice expertise. (Kinda) Dahl is an Indian lentil soup. I like to buy it ready made but this time I thought that I would make it from scratch. I had never cooked lentils before. No food poisoning luckily.
Oh that's cool. ^^ I never got into Magic but I know it's super popular. Whenever I would go to a card shop to play Yu-Gi-Oh there would always be way more people playing Magic.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 16:59:41 )

@Colin: Hi, I can't chat with you in the other thread since it's locked, but you are welcome to become a regular here. (And use the charity if you need to it's not just for Newbies)
Thanks again for the raid invite. I'm still only at 32 candies, even though I've been Pineapping all of them. I'll try to do some today too.
I don't think I told you this, but during community day about the first hour in I was too dehydrated and I stopped sweating which caused me to be too hot and I had to get fluids in me and then go home and play the rest with an incense. See full story above in my reply to Vixen. Since I was stuck at home I paid the $1 ticket and did that. Normally I don't buy them, but I felt like because I was at home I needed to at least do that to get some rewards. There are like 2 spawn points at my house and I needed the incenses from the ticket haha.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 18:55:41 )

@Totalanimefan: ah dehydration :( glad you knew what to do!
weekend was decent; did some art, played some games, discorded with friends....
yeah overall not bad

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 19:26:15 )

@Vixen: Yeah not fun. I'm glad I caught myself before it was full-blown hot stroke.
Oh that's nice. Which video games did you play? I watched my husband play RS8 Village.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 20:02:55 )

@Totalanimefan: some diablo, some lotro
lmao i finished another playthrough of mystic messenger
i really don't know what to make of that plot line

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 20:05:38 )

@Vixen: Nice. I haven't played Mystic Messenger. How many times have you played it?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 20:43:57 )

@Totalanimefan: it's certainly a novel way of playing a mobile game (for it's time i think, more games are like this now since it's creation). all of the interactions are done in a messenger/text/phone call format within the game at "random" times throughout the day to mimic how it is in real life

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.