Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 01:18:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend :) Glad you had fun!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 16:35:08 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah not bad. The amount of COVID cases in this part of the country are really low, and people wear masks. Plus my husband and I have one shot each. So we felt safe going to the farmer's market and then the mall at night. I hadn't been to that mall in months and I used to live across the street from it.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 18:43:41 )
@Totalanimefan: That makes sense. People where I live are so sick of masks and despite there being orders for everyone to wear them everywhere, people are refusing. Stupid choice to try to tell a christian-conservative area what to do with their lives lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 19:16:14 )

@SorrowTheMad: I don't know what I would do if I lived in an area like that. I feel like it would stress me out. Those people are often so judgmental. And I do understand. I'm tired of the pandemic too, but I would never go into a place like a mall without a mask (at this current place and time, maybe in a month when I'm fully vexed).

@Ava: Oh that must be really hard on you. I moved away from my therapist and I feel like I don't know to start over again with a different person. I feel like it takes a long time for someone to learn about you. Do you like your current therapist?
Oh are you allergic to the injections? That sucks. It also sucks to be on medication your whole life, but I just want you to know that you have a say with your body but don't let other people's judgments be the reason why you do or don't do something. Like my mom's side of the family is very judgmental about therapy, medications, etc etc. And I'm like well it's my body and I'm doing what's best for me. You have no say.
Oh that's great! What's your new job? When did you get it?

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 21:35:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Sorry late reply! I hadn't really been paying close attention to notices on here.

Yeah it was fun trying out demos just to see what a game was like or to even just take a break from whatever you were playing at the time.
It's super helpful when you can find info like that online, I've been finding some useful tips on horizon dawn haha. Especially for the skills, figuring out how which skills to put points towards always confuse me in games like this lol. So it's always helpful to see what tips are recommended etc.

I think you did an awesome job at using the item! It's nice when an outfit kinda sorta just clicks into place as your looking through items.

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 23:58:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, they are pretty judgmental. My mother went on a tirade about a lesbian woman she knows because she posts all sorts of christian stuff to facebook, because "lesbianism is a sin" and all that nonsense. Although I go places all the time without a mask, I carry one with but it's only if they get pissy at me for not wearing one. And this is AFTER I got Covid, not before lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 00:04:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Hope you're having a better day than me btw. This is honestly one of the most frustrating days I've had in a long time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 16:14:14 )

@NixieFae: Don't worry about it. When there is an event going on people aren't quick to reply in this thread and pings get lost in the shuffle.

@SorrowTheMad: I can't stand it when people judge others like that. I guess a little bit I judged people in your area for assuming that some are like that, but it's just facts based on what you said lol. Like what does being gay have to do with you? And this is coming from a straight person. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope today is better. If you want to talk about it, I'm all ears. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 16:20:35 )

@Ava: Oh yeah duh. I forgot that those are two different jobs for a moment lol. Shows how much I'm putting that Psych knowledge from University to use lol. Hey that's really good news that she thinks you are doing well. Every two weeks is what I did after my initial meetings with my therapist.
OMG is she ok? Is she cancer-free now? ^^

Oh I see. It's hard to break away from what we were taught by family, even if it's not true. Like no one judges people if they are on lifelong meds for other things. No one says on you should be off that Heart medicine it's been years, but for some reason when it deals with the mind, people get all weird about it but the brain is just another organ like a heart, or lungs. I can see how it would be hard for you if you wanted to drink or smoke. I don't do either, but knowing that I couldn't sucks too. Is there anything else you can't do on the meds?

Oh that's so cool! Is it a V-Tuber app? It sounds interesting and I hope that it takes off for you! (Inb4famous lol)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 23:37:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Yup, it's pretty awful here in terms of judgmental people. That's not even judgey though, that's just facts. A family friend of ours that I've known for about 20 years tells me weekly that we're all going to hell in a handbasket because gay marriage is legal now. I love the guy to death but sometimes...he's a little too 14th century for me. My day was pretty good to be honest. Kind of a pain but I think my computer is fixed now for work, so we'll see tomorrow if I can use it. How was your day?

Also sorry, I know we don't always agree on everything, but I still respect you as a person and have no problem being friends with you. You're a good friend :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 02:33:16 )

@SorrowTheMad: I think I was misunderstood. I was saying it like I was talking to that Bigoted person. I should have put it in quotes. I meant like “So what if that person is gay. It doesn’t have anything to do with you Karen. And this is coming from a straight person lol.”

Lol that 14th century line really got me. That was funny. Glad to hear you had a better day then yesterday.
And thank you for the nice words. I know it was partly because I didn’t explain myself well but it means a lot to me. I think your pretty cool and easy to talk to ^^

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 02:56:35 )
@SorrowTheMad: -glomp- gotcha~

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 03:35:02 )
@Ruby: Hey cutie <3

@Totalanimefan: Ah, ok. I get you! My bad!

Yeah...don't get me wrong, I love Dean to death but he's, eh...outdated with his beliefs. I'm glad you enjoy talking to me, I enjoy talking to you too :)

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 03:42:42 )
@SorrowTheMad:

You’re sweet x3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 03:55:06 )

@SorrowTheMad: omg good. I wouldnt want you to think I was against people being gay. Being can be whoever they want to be lol
I’m glad that you can see past his beliefs. I used to be like that too but now I worry that I’m not as patient as with people. I always try to see the good in others but I’ve learned also that some people just want to control others and tell them how to live their life. And that’s just so wrong.

@Ruby: hey ^^

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 04:00:36 )
@Totalanimefan: hi! How’re you? :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 12:41:09 )
@Ruby: Only for you. I'm a meanie to everyone else :D

@Totalanimefan: Yeah sorry, I was tired and not reading well last night I guess. I don't even know how I came up with what I thought you said rereading it today lol.

Yeah, sometimes it can be tough, and you do meet a lot of people that are just stubborn and don't want to hear about or even think about anything that isn't their religion. Dean and I have some pretty philosophical conversations and he's actually open to hearing my answers, even if he disagrees with them. He gets why I left the church and why I sought out answers from many religious before settling into Norse Paganism like I have. And honestly as weird as it is, he's not like, mad at gays and lesbians like I think a lot of christians are. He genuinely seems upset about people "ending up in hell" for it, and as much of a helper of people he is, I can see where he's coming from. I know he's coming from a place of kindness, even if the message is a bit rude. He gets the same way about me sometimes, because he believes I'm going to hell for my beliefs and that just makes him incredibly sad. Maybe a little angry too, at the state of the world, but yeah.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:13:08 )

@Ruby: I'm alright. How was your first event as a staff member? ^^

@Ava: Oh wow that's really cool! I'm happy that he had the courage to talk about it. If I had your condition I probably wouldn't tell people in rl either. I feel like a lot of people don't actually know about the condition and they just think it means seeing things and talking to yourself. Which can be things that people do, but it's different than that. And honestly before you told me on Voltra I had no idea. I thought that you had a healthy functioning brain.
I don't even know your old therapist but it makes me happy that she is cancer-free. My therapist actually had cancer in the past too (she lives in northern CA) but she has been cancer-free for like 10+ years.

That's tough. What time of day do you take them? You could go to the bathroom with your purse and take them there. Or say it's a birth control or something lol. I can drink, but I don't like the flavor so I never drink during parties. I just order like water or juice, but if you do like to drink that would be hard to resist. Without being on the meds what is it like?

Oh that sounds like a fun app. It kinda sounds like a different version of Twitch.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:24:47 )

@SorrowTheMad: It's ok! I'm really glad that I was able to understand and clear that up. I don't mind what people think about me, because I'm always me. But it's hard for me if someone misunderstands and judges me that way lolol.

That's pretty good of him. I grew up Catholic and I really liked the church that I went to as a kid. It was fun, and there wasn't a lot of judgement and we got donuts at the end of the service. Then in 7th grade I moved one county over and we went to a new church. This one was like sending everyone emails on how to vote, and it felt like Jesus never rose again kind of feeling. It's totally one of those lip service places that tells you how to think and feel. I didn't like it at all and sometimes we would make the 45 min drive to our old church but then I just stopped going all together. My mom stopped around the time Obama became president because of the email blasts they would send. My mom replied with how dare you, the church, tell me how to vote and email blast all of these lies. And she didn't even vote for Obama she just thought that it was awful.

I feel like in real life sometimes I'm not that good at explaining myself or I don't want it to turn into a fight (thanks trauma from my mom's side of the family) so I tend to keep it to myself. But sometimes I let it be known. I had this one conservative older asian lady at one of my past workplaces. And she was saying that her nephew was so dumb he shouldn't even be allowed to vote (She didn't say he's stance but I'm going to guess it was something liberal) and then I said well how do we determine who should be able to vote or not? (And I said it honestly not like a gotcha question) She got all flustered and was like I don't know but he just shouldn't be.
Like damn, sometimes I see how dumb people are, or that people vote differently than me but I never think that people's right to vote should be taken away. Big Yikes.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 20:44:37 )
@SorrowTheMad: you talk to other people just fine xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.