Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 20:54:54 )

@Vixen: Huh, seems interesting. Is it like a mystery story you have to figure out?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 21:04:04 )

@Totalanimefan: no it’s an otome game. I wouldn’t say it’s quite a full on dating sim, but the point is definitely to romance X character and of course there are the stereotypical trope characters for whatever “type” the player is interested in

This particular story has some mystery, but you the player aren’t really actively solving anything. You’re sort of more “along for the ride”

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 21:08:12 )

@Vixen: Oh maybe I should play it then. I've always been interesting in Otome games/dating sims, but I've never really played any. I don't think that Rune Factory 4 counts lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 21:14:02 )

@Totalanimefan: oh yeah it’s fun for sure, but you may want to check the interaction times if you have limited time to play or read the summary if you’re easily scared like me lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 21:16:54 )

@Vixen: lol I will look it up before I download it. Right now the only mobile game I play is Pokemon Go. I was played the Shin Megami Tensei mobile game, which was great, but it was a lot of grinding (there was an auto grind feature) and I couldn't keep up.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 21:26:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Oh geez, dehydration sucks, to understate it. At least you dealt with it accordingly.

And I always get the CD tickets. It helps that I have the google rewards app on my phone, and the surveys I answer reward me with enough to get the dollar ticket monthly. So... there's no reason for me NOT to. Plus, you usually get 3 rare candies for it. Not a bad deal for what is essentially free for me.

And I hope you can close the gap in Pancham candies even more, before they're out of the raid system.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 21:33:35 )

@Colin: Some of the months I didn't feel like they were a good buy, but this month had two incense and one regular incubator. So worth it lol
Yeah it really does. I have to make sure that I don't make the same mistakes now that summer is almost here. I can't go hard on June 6th if the same thing happens to me again lol
I'm doing a remote raid right now. For the rest I can just use Rare Candies or wait until I actually get a good IV one.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 22:20:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Yeah, I can see why people would not want to get them, but... well... as I said, it's on Google's dime in my case, lol. So I have no problems spending the pennies they throw at me for answering inane questions about my shopping habits or whatever.

And yeah, for GO Fest, it's wise to be careful of that. Dehydration is no joke, and health complications aside, you don't want to miss out on the fest.

Also, fair enough on the Pancham and such. I just hope that, should it come to the 12k eggs, they're kind to you.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 22:29:57 )

@Colin: It's cool that you can use online surveys to help you get Pokecoins. When Ernya was around there was an online service that I used to get gift cards I could use for Ernya.
Yeah and Go Fest is happening on my birthday so I really, really don't want to overheat or get dehydrated then. lol
I'm at 42 candies now. All I have to do is trade them to my husband's account (which he does use anymore) and then I'll have enough candies to evolve. It's no good in raids right?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 22:59:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Oh yeah, Ernya DID have that, didn't it? And fair enough on your birthday and such, gotta take care so you have the best birthday EVER!

And Pangoro tops out at CP 3100 or so, and that's at level 50. It shines in Great and Ultra league if you do the PvP stuff, but... eh, it's not going to be super useful for those 5-star raids. It's mediocre at best in PvE, and decent in PvP.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 23:09:40 )

@Colin: Yeah back in the day. The other day I was talking about Voltra with my husband and I accidentally said Ernya. RIP lol
My bday is July 17th! And I'll be 30. So not a bad way to spend my bday. ^^

Thanks for the quick bio. I didn't figure he would be much good in PoGo. Maybe I'll just evolve my best IV one instead of trying to find a good one. ^^;

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 23:31:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Woops, Freudian slip! And July 17th? Cool, cool. Mine's July 4th, and I'll be.... 37...

And yeah, evolving your best one for the dex medal might be the best way to go. I mean, I LOVE the Pokemon itself in the main series, and if I can use one... you better believe I will. It's a dark-fighting, it's a giant 'Japanese delinquent' panda, I LOVE it! But in GO? Ehhhhhh....

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 23:41:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Yup! I always try to keep an eye on angel statues. Not because I believe in them being actual Weeping Angels, but just in case, you know? And mannequins, and trampolines, and gas masks, and dolls...the list goes on. Lol.

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that after Magic: Arena was released they're up to 10 million players worldwide. I played Yugioh for 13 years but quit because the company that makes it is super greedy and it just got to be too much money for me. Ironically, what was too much money in Yugioh (a couple hundred dollars) is a choice I make pretty easily for Magic, and I probably have about $7,500 worth of cards, just because stuff actually retains it's value. Yugioh just reprinted everything over and over until it was worthless, so I always ended up losing money. Glad to hear you were able to save the dish and not get food poisoning lol. Now that you explain it, I know what Dahl is, I'm an idiot lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 00:46:49 )

@Totalanimefan: there's definitely a grindy bit for unlocking additional content, but there's a fair bit of replayability the first 5 times playthroughs. online guides will tell you how to maximize your ability to earn currency from playing to get unlockable stuff faster... or you can buy content if you want, i just didn't.

please @ me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 05:48:20 )

@Colin: Our birthdays are close. Hi other July-baby. ^^ are you getting a ticket to Go Fest for your bday too? Lol
There are so many Pokémon I love for the main series but in Go it’s only about how stronger they are. Which is sad to me.

@SorrowTheMad: now we have a reason to be terrified of all those things! But for real I don’t like those creepy kinds of dolls at all. Like a Barbie I’m ok with but those old fashion ones, I always feel like they are looking at you. One time I saw a painting that looked like an old fashioned doll and I swear it was looking at me! It had to have been all in my head but it really freaked me out lol
Yeah Yu-Gi-Oh was always fun for me as a kid and I went to tournaments (just local ones) but once I was about 13-14 I left it too. I would still play it sometimes in video game form but it was just getting ridiculous to try and keep up and get the cards you wanted and then the powers creeps and stuff made it not fun.
Lol it’s ok. I don’t think that many people know about Dahl.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 05:49:23 )

@Vixen: sometimes I do spent money on mobile games but most of the time I don’t. I only do it if I want to support the game instead of getting something faster. I was busy this afternoon/evening so I didn’t look into it yet lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 05:56:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: July-babies! And yeah, I probably will.

And it's sad that so many good Pokemon, or Pokemon that I like, are relegated to just 'good' or 'bad' or 'okay'. There's no nuance or or anything. No 'making it work'. It's just... good, or not. And it IS a shame, but... again, it's less a 'game', more an 'app', so I'll let it slide.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 05:59:47 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: What the hell kind of black magic do you weild?
Colin? Out of the RP Forum?
Hell must've frozen over. I have NEVER managed to get him to come out so ... consistently like this.

Keep it up! Social interaction is good for him. XD

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 12:54:43 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes we do! I don't feel so bad about irrational fears anymore because of shows like Doctor Who. Lord help me if I ever end up watching a show about thalassophobia. I can handle heights even though I'm afraid of them, I can sorta handle clowns as long as I keep my eye on them, but the ocean or large bodies of water? Nope. Can't do it. I don't blame you about being freaked out by those kinds of dolls. I'm actually terrified of ventriloquist dummies myself so I totally get it (thanks Goosebumps, for introducing me to THAT phobia).

I really enjoyed Yugioh too, but Konami found a really good way to make a lot of money which usually makes the cards worthless after a year, and it was all about power creep. Magic really takes care of power creep if a deck gets too good which is part of why I love it. I used to love playing Gravekeepers, that was without a doubt my favorite deck. Just for funsies I might try to collect some or all of that deck :) I miss playing it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 15:49:12 )

@Colin: Literilty that's what I asked for for my Bday. I said I want a ticket to Go Fest and I want to play on the day. So I hope it's easy to get it for the 17th and not the 18th. Of course either day is good but to get all the shinys and whatever they release with the date stamp of my bday? Those will be extra special to me. ^^
Yeah I know. I let it slide cause it's an app too, but I feel like people that have only played Go and never a main series game don't really know what it's like to fall in love with your Pokemon when you play the main series games! They only like the strong ones. Which to be fair is all you need them for in Go. And some strong Pokemon in Go I've gotten to use a lot more than I did in the main series and it's caused me to like them more. Like Ray and Mewtwo.

@Amber Lynne: Haha I do have the effect on people. I joke that my superpower is being able to make friends with anyone. Also, Pokemon brings everyone together! How have you been? ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.