Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ✐ Pixel Academy -- Practice and Challenges together!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 17:54:34 )

@ruby:
Right? I dont think anyone has said that to me seriously, since I only had the one friend growing up.
now that I think about it, making friends was actually never easy LOL I'm good at contradicting myself.

Yeah I'm glad my bf is introverted too. We have strengths where the other has weakness when it comes to social situations, which works out very well. What one is too anxious to deal with, the other will handle it haha and at any point when his friends/family want to do something, I can trust him to listen if I'm like, not today plsss

I see a lot of the same people from here on there also. So I have to try not to make threads that kinda repeat themselves (not that I do that much on sites) xD gotta remind myself the audience is the same.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 18:18:58 )
@Jolly: haha don’t worry i had a tough time too. In elementary i went to a small school where there were more boys than girls in the class so this one girl kinda roped me and another into being her friend because she knew we’d pretty much be her minions since there wasn’t much of a choice for friends. So she used that “I’m not gonna be your friend anymore” threat a lot
We finally got more girls in the class a few years later and got smarter and when she pulled that again we were like “bye Felicia” it was a glorious day xD

But yeah after that i really didn’t have that many friends. Like maybe 1 per year. It was lonesome lol but now i have great friends even if they aren’t close to me physically haha

That’s good that you balance each other out! My bf pretty much does all of that extrovert stuff for me lol and then when he’s stressed i talk him down. But yeah me no talk to strangers lol

Unless its online xD I’m good at chatting online xD

Haha thats very true! I think we could use a pixel hangout on panth tho :3 maybe just have different themes than here that way if its the same people its not the same project :o

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 18:42:54 )

@ruby:
Eww I hated kids like that. I saw that slave/friend trope a lot, and I was the kind of kid to call them out on it lmao I wasn't always nice about it though. Awkward kid full of pent up frustrations and all.
I also felt that I can force respect from people if I win (I was bullied hardcore) so I got in a few fights around middle school age xD It worked, but damn I was a psycho child. I still have a small scar on my knee from one incident, which resulted in this boy dropping on his knees to apologize to me. I felt so bad, I wanted to patch it up and be friends, but then I literally moved out of state a week later. Sad me.

I thought of having a pixel hangout on there too! I hesitate because I scarcely have time for one (still havent drawn the current new themes yet, but I will!), and I dont want to run something like this if I'm not gonna participate as well.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 18:59:31 )
@Jolly: yeah right? You hope they grow out of it but they usually don’t.

Haha you’d never catch me fighting xD I was the shy quiet bookworm kid. I focused on my work. I wasn’t really bullied, just invisible. Which is fine. I liked to blend in.

I totally get that. I was the same way with my avatar contest haha maybe I’ll open another one when I have more time/things to give away

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 19:05:25 )

@ruby:
I wanted to be invisible but people sought me out to harass me for some reason. I think some of it was I was always the new kid. My family moved a lot cause of indecisiveness or financial flumps. So I had about 3 or 4 elementary schools that I hopped between multiple times, 1 middle school that I was pulled in and out of for homeschool, 2 highschools and then I dropped out at 16 and got my HSD at a community college. Kinda like the GED system but you take a different test for the HSD and basically bypass 2 years of public school. idk why this was a thing. xD
Going back to a school I previously attended was the absolute worst, and would get me beaten the most haha Like how dare I come back!

Exactly! at most I might do temp threads when I have breaks from classes, if I'm not loaded with hw haha
but I also just might wait until I graduate in 9 months

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 19:13:44 )
@Jolly: oof moving does make it really difficult. I stayed at the same school mostly, until sophomore year of high school that’s when we moved cross country and even tho it was a new year no one knew me and no one explained how things worked because “you should remember from last year” and it was such a culture shock coming from the portland area of oregon (keep portland weird) to the bible thumping sports hoppin south xP not my crowd haha

Ooh exciting! What are you graduating?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 07:57:00 )

👀 this new theme
everyone's weapon designs are really cool

I wanna do something for new year's too but not sure what item, hmm......

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 17:36:13 )

@ruby:
Ah yeah, that would be really difficult. I have learning disabilities so the homeschool part of my life was very challenging. And with a mother who was never home cause of work, I would be left to my own devices and end up not doing much work cause I couldn't figure it out. So I just told people I skipped 8th grade xD practically did!

I'd be graduating massage therapy school! Then I have a big ol' expensive test to take. Hope I pass the first time cause I think the school covers it first, then any time after its $200 a pop. I'm not anxious, nooooo lmao

@hachi:
maybe there are some traditional food items for new years?
also doesn't have to be chinese themed. wines and such can work too :D

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:05:24 )

-----------------------------
Okay! Cracking down today. Going to have something to show by tomorrow, and no videos until I at least have the models done! Hongboa is very New Year's, you could try that?
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:15:49 )

I also need to get my funds up; so close to my goal! So modeling and chitter-chattering are my goals today.
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:25:19 )

I'm always voltbroke.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:28:00 )

@priestess of pie:
I think most of us are. So many wonderful items!

So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:29:58 )

I just have a bad habit of spending it as soon as I get it. I'm about to go buy another orb right now and waste the rest.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:42:40 )

If it's something you want, it's not a waste! What I try to do is stay at even minimums when I'm saving up. Like, if I have 11,350, I won't spend more than 350 until I've saved up to what I want. Plenty of things, still, for me to get at less than 1k! And there are still event items bumping around I plan to snag eventually, so I can still keep on top of things and scratch that itch.
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:46:53 )

Yeah it's not a big deal really lol. No one's selling what I really want anyway. I try to keep around 5k on me for when I need to buy some commons to round out a new avi.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:48:42 )

That's a pretty good practice to have! I need to tot up everything in the shops and see what it'd cost me to buy all the things....
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 09:21:34 )
@Jolly: hey i was homeschooled for half of 8th grade too! :D and then junior and senior year of HS because sophomore year was so bad and i get sick so easily it was better to stay home.

Oh right! Sorry I remember you talking about that before xP
Oof that’s a big price tag for failing @.@ don’t worry tho I’m sure you’ll do great~

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 17:41:31 )

I've come to realize I only want all the rare items I cant find/get/afford

@ruby:
Oh yeah? Mine was for the entire 8th grade, and mainly because I moved across the country for just that year xD
I always thought I'd be too academically slow for college cause I missed out on 2 years worth of HS from graduating early. But now that I'm IN college, I'm realizing just how very behind my schools were in general and that I probably wouldn't be any much more ahead than I am now. My bf already studied a LOT of what I'm currently learning when he was in his freshmen year of HS (he's younger than me, but also went to school in a totally different state) and my schools were stuck on middle school subjects.

Yeah there are practice tests I can take, so I'm not super worried. I took one already at the start of my course just for kicks and got 50% lmao
test is different for each time, but I hear its often full of common sense ethics

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 18:15:52 )
@Jolly: yeah my teacher that year was a bully but he had a contract so he couldn’t be fired. And then I moved not too long after that. (After freshman year)
What state did you go to school in again? I keep getting convos mixed up OTL

Yeah seems like it’ll be pretty easy then :)

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 18:25:16 )

@ruby:
that seems like a weird concept. I'd imagine there would be exceptions in the contract if someone's not doing the job properly. I'd count ethics as part of a teacher's job too! but I digress.

oh its okay, i dont think I mentioned it before. I'm from Florida originally. Homeschooled when I moved to northern Texas for a year, then back to Florida for the rest of it. Now I'm in Colorado xd
Plan to work my way back into the south though, I hate it here lmao
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.