Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ✐ Pixel Academy -- Practice and Challenges together!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 17:05:26 )

-----------------------------
I am cautiously optimistic about my art time today.
So says...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 17:41:24 )

@ruby:
Its possible I'm just used to the heat xD grew up in florida after all!
but also possible that I just had good AC in the apartment I lived in at the time. I was only in lubbock for a year, and the complex also had THREE pools to play in during summer so I mostly remember that.

Huh, that kind of sounds like an allergy? I wonder if there's a material or something that is commonly in the air at an airport or in a plane that could be setting you off? Thats interesting. Do you like long car rides? Haha

@avocado:
Oh yeah? What are you working on today?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 17:44:28 )

@jolly:
What I meant to do yesterday and the previous day! I mean, I did some things, but I wasn't happy with any of it, so I need to start again.

So says...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 17:45:42 )

Yea I feel that lol
I've been unhappy with a lot that I make lately. Had some helpful advice though, so I'm gonna keep working on things today

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:11:48 )

I'm also not good in heat. I just shut down. I live in Dallas though so rip. I try not to go outside in the summer.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:29:05 )

I mean, Im the same way. The cold is one thing I love about colorado. BUT at the same time, I find that the cold here makes me more sick. If I'm walking outside too much I have to wear one of those cloth medical masks (so everyone thinks I'm either being a weeb or really ill) cause the cold gets in my lungs and throat and will quickly get me sick D;

So I decided I could suffer texas again. In the combined 5 years I lived there (cause I moved back later for 4 years before moving to CO) I wasn't sick once.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:37:04 )

OMG
I was looking through ancient stuff to find something
and I found this sandwich I pixelled in like... 2010
holy poop :vanora_xd:

Why is it kind of better than what I pixel now?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:41:06 )

Oh, man, I know that feeling... Overthinking is an issue.
So says...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:41:32 )

However, I disagree on the 'better' comment, but I'm aware that's subjective.
So says...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:44:48 )

Haha thank you xD I think I see it as better cause nostalgia might blind me.

and gosh, overthinking is me on a daily. I chip away at my own confidence and over time it affects my art motivation. Which then makes me lazy and draw less interesting things.. Its a cycle.

I hope you can get through it today and make something you like <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:58:04 )

Do that, too. Make something you like! The main difference I'm seeing is you currently favor a less contrasted and more pastel coloring method. If you think it's better, then see if you don't like the next thing you make in more vibrant colors!
So says...

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 19:01:38 )
@Jolly: haha yeah that would keep you cool xD i used to be okay here but it wasnt 90+ for two thirds of the year and we used to have good AC but it stopped working and that was literal hell OTL

Oh no, it had already been slightly compromised from getting a crumb in it (that i couldnt find) and the day after the plane it was all swollen shut but infected. Way different than an allergy. Took months for me to be able to use it again without it hurting from the air, and even now, over a year later, it still is slightly more sensitive that the other.
I have a lot wrong haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 19:12:05 )

Yeah, I could definitely take that idea into practice :vanora_smile:

Currently I'm working on a really fun piece for myself, actually. I feel like its bringing me back a bit.
That drawing RPG I mentioned in my other thread? My best friend ended up buying it to share with me so we can do it together. He suggested I try finishing it before making my own type lmao
Something to inspire my own imagination a bit more. And something that isn't on any deadline or owed to anyone is nice haha

@ruby:
Oh gosh, when I lived near Houston the AC in my room didn't work very well. The house was modified by the owners (we were renting) and that room was added at some point. They tried splitting the air ducts to put AC in there but they didn't do it right lmao

Oh gosh, thats awful D:
dont put crumbs in your eyes!
jk
That sounds really painful actually. I'm not surprised that its more sensitive now, I'm sure there's some scarring involved.
My instructors suggest my thyroid might be having issues too based on some physical symptoms I have. Like my nails have a bit of ridge to them instead of being smooth. And my immune system being low. Just reminded myself I need to get tested D;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 19:32:22 )

You're going to have a blast, Jolly!

You okay on AC now, though, right, Ruby...?

So says...

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 22:06:33 )
@Jolly: ugh thats awful. Believe me i know what its like being in 90+ weather with 100% humidity with NO AC OTL

haha good advice xD i dont think it scratched or anything because it didnt hurt i just couldnt find the source of the irritation. And with the weak immune system it just....was bad. Even if it hadnt been for that i always get super sick on airplanes. Its just how my body is.
I have a thyroid thing too. Im type 1 diabetic so it kinda goes hand in hand a lot of the time. I gained a bunch of weight because of it too, and being really fatigued so i couldnt do anything as far as exercise. OH and then the damn heat all summer xD
It was literally too hot to lay there and scroll on my phone. I couldn’t focus

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 22:45:16 )

@ruby:
Right? Wait, is your AC STILL not working? I took that as past tense D:
Hope you find good ways of cooling off

Oh gosh, you sound like a family member I have. They suffer an immune system disorder (I forgot the specific one, I think autoimmune disorder) and ended up type 1 diabetic. I try to be careful so I don't turn out the same. Since it seems we all have immune system problems since moving here.
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 22:52:15 )
@Jolly: not well, it got charged again last year and that helped last summer, but idk how its gonna hold out this year. I might end up moving though so hopefully if that happens there’ll be better AC lol

Well type 1 is genetic and mostly gotten (if not all cases) as a juvenile. Type 2 anyone can get tho.
I was 11 when I was diagnosed with it. I actually almost died. I was in ICU for a week and they took a training video of me breathing because they usually didnt see cases that bad. Apparently at that stage the breathing is labored in a specific way and they had no example.
I just had my 14 year anniversary last week lol
Most people are typical cases and can live normally but mine is SO sensitive OTL heat and stress make my sugar spike, exertion makes it spike and then i drop way later....theres a lot. Im a mess lol. So i stay home mostly unless i have a doctors appointment

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 23:29:57 )

Wow, that's rough! I mean, I mostly stay home, but it makes a difference when you're choosing to.
So says...

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 01:37:21 )
@Avocado: I mean it’s not that I can’t go out more. It’s just that I’d be miserable and have no energy xD so its kind of a choice? xD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 03:22:45 )

@ruby:
Hmmm. I suppose...? I mean, you're not wrong.

So says...

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.