Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ✐ Pixel Academy -- Practice and Challenges together!

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 18:35:53 )
@Jolly: Yeah you would think but.....xP It was a small charter school and every year we got different teachers. It was usually fine but he was just...not good. But see the problem was that when any adults were around he was a different person. Fortunately my mom always believed me (I've never been in trouble so there wasn't reason to doubt me lol I've never even been grounded) and she normally would volunteer in my class (putting packets together or whatever) which most teachers appreciated, but he straight up said no. She helped a different teacher in the same building (they were renting three rooms from a church outside the main school building) and she stood outside the open door and listened to how he talked to us and what he did and then she'd walk in and he changed. So she knew what was up. Anyway, she was close to our principal and they had to get him to quit to get rid of him so they kept trying to upset him so he'd leave. They just about had him to that point, but then she got fired for something that wasn't even her fault at all and the new person they brought in just loved our teacher -eyeroll- "He's so caring about his students!"
It was awful. Soooo we just left at spring break lol. Didn't tell anyone I wasn't coming back xD just packed all my stuff, and that was that. We homeschooled with a friend of mine in the same class who was also being bullied. She didn't pack all her stuff though and ended up having to go back during school hours to get the rest of her things and of course was bombarded by questions and stuff.

Anyway sorry for that long story time haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 18:41:17 )

@ruby:
no i dont mind the story! that's interesting and dumb how things work that way. Honestly kinda sounds like something you'd read as part of a plot of some book or something thats meant to frustrate the reader and put them on edge xD

anyway, sounds like it worked out in the end? you guys got away from it all and were able to move on.
are charter schools the ones that students live in dorms?

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 19:15:31 )
@Jolly: Haha yeah it kinda does sound like some angsty YA book xD

Yeah it definitely worked out haha that was a fun rest of the year. Then highschool happened xD

Nah those are boarding schools. Charter schools are kinda like private schools, but are free to attend. So they receive funding (but usually not a lot) but get to operate outside the standard state guidelines for curriculum. When I first went there it was a really cool place. Field trips were usually overnight, like my first "crew trip" (because the class was like a crew/family not a class) was a camping trip for a few days. It was really fun actually.
But as the years went on (I went there for 3 years) with all the teachers moving on and getting replaced it kinda messed up how chill it was.

We had a lot of fundraising things too, like auctions and craft bazaars and stuff of things we made. Idk it was a fun place until 8th grade haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 22:01:13 )

@ruby:
sorry I peaced out, my net got all funky xd

Thats a shame! at least you got to be there when it was good. Its seemingly hard to find good teachers anywhere you go, and harder to maintain them. Even my academy has some nut jobs. I cant even trust the dean lmao
It really is like I'm back in middleschool mentality again, only the teachers are just as bad as the students, so there's a lot of petty drama. a. lot.
and it is encouraged by some teachers
My class times are always disrupted by all the he-said-she-said drama and I'm just like, can we just move on to the subjects at hand please? Stay after if you want to gossip and whine.

I often come home and sit at my desk after my classes, and just put my head in my hands like what am I doing there

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 22:19:55 )
@Jolly: oh my god that's awful D: It's annoying when the other students won't stfu during class but to have the teachers also encourage it.....like how tf is anyone gonna learn stuff that way. Ugh that's so frustrating.
At least you're almost done! xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 22:37:30 )

@ruby:
Right! Well, I'm only about 1/3rd of the way through my course. Its short but too long for me having to deal with bs every week xD

So a lot of the classes have the same students, same group. Just cause its a small school and all. I have these two classes every week that has this same group of 5 people who are a couple months newer than I am. In ONE of these classes we have an additional 2 students who I'm more familiar with from prior classes, they've been at the school as long as I have.
There's one day the week before last where the 5 newish students started to address to the instructor that the 2 students I mentioned are bothering them. This is during the class that the 2 aren't in with us. They're like "they keep whispering to each other, complaining about the class too much and doing their own thing and its highly distracting, we speak for all of us blablabla"

I never hear them making any sort of disturbance personally, cause the class is usually disrupted by the 5 students shouting in chaos for 4 hours. But I stayed out of it, just left the room cause idc. It was time to move on to the massage rooms anyway.

So last week in the other class, the instructor tells the 2 students to separate. He sees a complaint from the majority of the class, so he politely addresses it, shouldn't be a big deal I thought? Well, these students get real fussed, put up an argument about how "these are OUR seats". Class time is disrupted as usual. In the end, they moved seats like they were told, and were absolutely infuriated, throwing the energy off in the room, having a riot the next day in a different class about it.

But
I will tell you
All that happened was one of them moved from one chair
.. to a chair that was literally just on the other side of their friend.
They never separated in the end and they're so angry :vanora_xd:

THIS is how petty my school is. We all paid 20 grand to focus so much on what our neighbor students are doing, and to claim seats, and shout at each other. I feel like I'm the only level headed one there who just wants to read my text book!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 22:38:06 )

Sorry long text.
I should also add, that every week is a new drama, or sets of dramas xDD
killme

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 22:42:28 )
@Jolly: Nah you're fine xD makes me feel better about being such a chatter box xD plus I like story time :3

God I'm secondhand frustrated on your behalf. That's just ridiculous. Does nobody grow up anymore? for real

and it's funny because that's such a malicious compliance move to just move to the other side xD but then to still fume about it instead of laughing it off because they did what was said....(well, partially.)

UGH. And these people are gonna be trying to get clients to relax? Yikes fam

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 22:55:34 )

@ruby:
Yes, story time is fun. xD
I used to be a huge chatterbox online, back in them ernya days.

I dont think they even noticed that they were still next to each other, to be honest. They've made so much of an uproar that they're planning on sitting that instructor down with the dean to go over it. And they're trying to get our other class instructor to talk to him about it too. Then they're also talking about dropping the class and retaking it with another instructor.

Somehow I always feel like I'm sitting in my peaceful bubble, and all around me are people shouting

I've thought of quitting so many times lmao
not just cause the school is like this, but I know people who are working in this business and it just seems to be the mentality around here.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 22:58:14 )
@Jolly:
......all that....over moving seats.....

Would your license be transferable? so that when you're able to move back to the south you'll still have it?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 01:21:25 )

@ruby:
It is to most states, but not all. Only 2 states wont accept it last I checked. Nebraska and somewhere else thats irrelevant to me, but I cant remember which one.
I'd still have to make sure they accept me for the hours I put in, cause I THINK some states might require I have 1000 hours down for the education bit. I'm taking a 750 hour course.
Wouldn't really be a problem to me, just more academics.

After this I definitely might go back to college for something else. Something.. computery maybe. I just wanted a quick license to do something more than working in retail. Get on my feet and save more money. Not the most noble reason of wanting to get into massage therapy >>

also wrote this like, hours ago and forgot to finish and hit send so.. here im back

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 06:11:43 )
@Jolly: i totally hear you haha its crazy out there now. Its hard to afford anything OTL.
Would you go to college again in a different state?

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 06:11:56 )
Also no worries, i fell asleep xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 06:44:25 )

@ruby:
Yeah Id like to find a state that I can live in comfortably. Then I can commit to a 2-4 year college without getting so much time anxiety haha
I always panic over how much time I waste in colorado, cause the longer I'm here the more my health keeps getting worse. My whole family is a bajillion times more ill since moving here, and all at the same time :vanora_stunned:

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 06:51:32 )
@Jolly: oof I know how that is. I wasn’t nearly as sick as I am here as back on the west coast.
Do you know kinda where you wanna move?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 07:22:06 )

@ruby:
Right? Like I know some of it is aging and lifestyles. But it really says something when my whole family, and myself, go most our lives being just fine. Then we come here and have a mountain of ER bills. Thankfully my own health hasn't sent me to the hospital yet but yeesh. Nearly lost everyone at one point or another lol

Anyway, darkness aside. I was happiest when I lived in texas. Despite its stereotypes, when I lived south of Houston I was surrounded by the most joyous types of people. First place I felt like I was at home man.
Anywhere youd wanna be?

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 08:13:46 )
@Jolly: is it something in the house? Like mold or something? D: sometimes you wouldn’t even know you have stuff like that but it can make you very sick

Texas seems like a cool place haha we thought about moving there before, supposed to be better healthcare or something I think. But I have a really hard time with heat (its takes a huge physical toll on my health) that idk if I could handle it. Plus, tornados. No thanks haha but I’d like to visit :3 In the winter xD

I think I’d like to be back home in Oregon, but idk. I feel like I’d be more active there because the weather is nicer and theres way better outdoor things to do. And the food is way better than it is here. And we have family there.
Downside is, there’s family there xD and it’s expensive af now. So idk. I have good doctors right now too so its hard to leave all that. Maybe someday I’ll go back. There’s not really anywhere else I like.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 08:14:17 )
Clarification: that I like for living purposes haha i like a lot of states/places just not to stay there xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 08:26:38 )

@ruby:
it might be possible. The last house we lived in wasn't an old house but it wasn't very well maintained before we got there. Current house was just built when we moved in, so mold is pretty unlikely yet
But there's also crazy altitude here compared to the sea level that I'm used to, which can cause a lot of issues. I hate it xD

I used to live in Lubbock, close to the panhandle. It was rural ish at the time, but by now its become like a small city I hear. You always hear about tornado warnings but they would always be out in the fields. Middle of nowhere land. In the cities its safe. I think the heat wasn't so bad either around there.

Now HOUSTON on the other hand

Step outside on a mid-summer day and its like walking into a brick wall. But that wall is made of pure humidity and heat.
I'd still take it over not being able to breathe here in colorado though xD Any time I fly out somewhere that has like, no altitude, I end up running a lot cause I can do that and its an amazing feeling. Cant do that here lmao

I also miss good food ;;
Ive never been to oregon
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 08:32:48 )
@Jolly: are you sure its better weather there vs you just being used to heat? xD I’m from the Pacific Northwest, where a hot day is 70 and no more lol

I wish I could enjoy oregon when I fly back. It’s been for family things, a grandparent’s birthday, a funeral, etc. but every time i fly i get super sick. Last time my eye swelled shut. I just have such a bad immune system that all the germs from airports/planes I just can’t handle apparently. Its so sad because I love the state so much. Not so much the people sometimes xD in my opinion nothing compares in beauty. But I think I’m biased xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.