Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ✐ Pixel Academy -- Practice and Challenges together!

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 03:57:59 )
@Avocado: but yeah it is really difficult for me to just jump up and go somewhere

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 05:49:17 )

-----------------------------
I've got to take like five million things or I get anxious. I rarely use any of them, I just want them with me. I'm not as bad as I used to be about it, but I always feel like if I leave anything at home, it won't be there when I get back.
So says...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 18:42:07 )

Whoops I ended up busy yesterday~

@ruby:
Hopefully! Living without AC is the worst D:

My sister caught a virus which caused her to develop type 1 when she was 18, is what I'm told. There's a whole process with her body attacking itself or something like that (assuming autoimmune disorder involved)and then boom, can't produce insulin anymore and something about ketones. This is my understanding of what my family had relayed to me from the doctors. So who really knows xD
That's interesting though. My sister did start to die from it the first case like, twice. but the doctors brought her out of it. Then followed another 3-4 cases of ER trips where she nearly dies each time. I have a strong feeling that some of it could've been avoided. my family was telling her she can still eat the same as usual, just eliminate juice. But she ate SO MUCH all her life, she kept gorging herself thinking it wouldn't hurt anything while her body is adjusting to its new loss of homeostasis :vanora_sweat: Since she started to eat healthier portions, healthier foods, and exercise more, she's been doing so much better. Not one ER trip last year!

But yeah, its different per person with how they're affected. I'm sorry yours has become so sensitive like that D:

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 20:21:31 )
@Jolly: Usually with type 1 it's in your system but takes some kind of infection to kick start it basically. That's what we were told when I was diagnosed. 18 still counts so she could be type 1 haha. The other big thing is type 1's are always insulin dependant. Sometimes type 2's will be on some insulin too but type 1's need it to live.
You can still eat whatever you want as a type one. You just have to make sure you're getting and calculating your insulin properly.
Other wise you go into DKA (diabeticketoacidosis) which is deadly. That's what I almost died from and it sounds like that's what she was going into, especially if she's not regulating her insulin.
Type 2's control it mostly by diet. And usually end up with it because of bad diet beforehand. So there's kinda this misconception that all diabetes is from unhealthy eating. But that's not the case for type 1's haha

From my experience as far as sensitivity type 1's have the most issues with it. But yeah I have type 1 friends who are totally fine, everything's the same all the time haha so it is partly because of just how my body is xD

Also type 1 diabetes itself is an autoimmune disease

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 21:46:54 )

Everyone's pixel swords look amazing!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 17:18:41 )

I wanna make another one.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 01:22:15 )

Do it for the vine.
So says...

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 18:40:52 )

I did another.

And I did it for the vine.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 01:21:46 )

@ruby:
Right, makes sense. And yeah, I do know type one isn't from eating habits. I meant that I thought overindulging in anything too much would throw off the balance (especially in the first year when you're learning how to balance insulin). I could be wrong, I only get relayed information rather than information straight from a doctor ^^; But anything in abundance isn't good anyway. Throws off even a healthy body's homeostasis.

thanks for that correction :vanora_xd:

@priestess of pie:
omg, the vine one looks awesome! xD
I still feel bad I haven't made anything yet

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 02:21:52 )

@Jolly: You still have time. =D

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 02:28:10 )
@Priestess of Pie: Those are super cute!

@Jolly: Oh yeah for sure haha You gotta still make healthy choices whether you're diabetic or not xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 05:06:17 )

@priestess of pie:
Yes, I keep telling myself that
which helps me procrastinate until I run out of time xD
I totally could've drawn something today but I instead spent like 2 hours trying to decide what I want to do lmao

@ruby:
Exactly xD
Not that I'm much better. I dont gorge myself, but my diet isn't always great either. Very carb and sugars aha

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 05:09:40 )
@Jolly: Yeah I've been trying to eat better and I think I'm doing okay but it's not 100% better haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 05:16:38 )

@ruby:
Yeah my motivation (and budget) is pretty low when it comes to food lately. Part of it is sharing a kitchen can be tricky sometimes. So I live off of a lot of ramen, soda and.. rice? xD

Planning a curry this week though! I'm so excited for it lol

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 05:19:21 )
@Jolly: haha I totally feel that xD
sometimes i can be an emotional eater too so depending on the day....I'm not super bad with it, like I don't keep eating til I'm sick but yeah. Sometimes I just want unhealthy stuff

PLUS it's super hard to eat better when all the more nutritious things are way more expensive OTL

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 05:27:11 )

@ruby:
I actually eat less when I'm emotional. I have to make an active effort to eat anything even though I don't want to. Or to remember to eat.
BUT when I'm working on anything that requires any amount of concentration, I feel like I need to be constantly popping something in my mouth to stay focused. Which is how soda or chips can become a bad habit too.
Also, caffeine helps with adhd >>

nutritious things are so tasty too orz
dang money

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 05:35:19 )
@Jolly: it depends on the level for me. If im stressed, i want to eat. But if something bad happened and im crying a lot or whatever, yeah i dont want food lol

Yep! Mindless eating haha I’ll do that sometimes too. Or you’re just gonna have a little bit of a snack but get watching something or doing something and end up eating a whole bag OTL

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 05:40:50 )

@ruby:
Hhaa I am a devourer of munchy foods if I'm watching/working on something. Otherwise I'm quite decent at controlling myself!
But for this I usually have to set myself a budget limitation so I don't just keep going overboard. Like I'll buy a bag of chips and wont get another for like 2 weeks. If I ate it in one sitting that's my own damn fault, not gonna get anymore sooner xD
.. and then I eat nothing cause I dont feel like cooking
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 06:47:53 )
@Jolly: and you have nothing to eat cuz you ate all your chips xD

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 16:43:28 )

Ooof I suffer from a lot of the same problems food wise. I'm usually too tired to go make/get something myself so I end up skipping meals a lot. ._. On the other hand I have to be careful about snacking when I'm doing something else because I won't stop eating until it's gone. Usually I try to only pour out a small amount to make sure I don't eat the whole thing. ^^;

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.