Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 02:45:03 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just nodded in response.

"That makes sense." he said.

"It'll be better if we confront them 2 on 2." he reasoned.

"That way neither of them should feel 'ganged-up' upon." he said further, before sighing quietly.

"So in the meantime, let's hope nothing happens to them." he went on.

"We don't need them spooked for whatever reason."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 02:54:01 )

Anya nodded.,

"Precisely." She stated.

"I just hope they're all right." She added after a fw seconds.

A few hours later, they approached where the track had led them. An abandoned warehouse, that almost looked like nature was taking over it.

". . . well..." she said with a sigh.

"Got any ideas for how to get in there without alerting them?"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 03:51:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...........hm." Jake muttered.

"Good question." he said.

"There might be a window we can slip through." he told her.

"Odds are the doors are guarded... but perhaps the windows are blind spots for them." he went on.

"Are you getting anything from your spider inside?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 05:17:15 )

"Nothing that'll help." Anya answered with a light sigh.

"But let's check for a window we can crawl in." She added. They looked, but it was fruitless. In the end, they were back at the front doors.

"Well, I guessw e have no choice." She said, not entirely happy with that as she ran a hand through her white hair.

"Seriously." She muttered before trying the door, finding it not locked.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 05:28:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....huh. It's unlocked." Jake said as he saw Anya open it slightly.

"All right." he told her.

"Let's try to be as quiet as possible." he said.

"We don't need to spook them, or alarm them." he reasoned, before pausing.

"But you already knew that." he told himself.

"You ready?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 05:33:57 )

Anya nodded before sighing.

"But we can't sneak up on them." She countered.

"They're more like to react potentially violently with that." She finished with a sigh. After a bit of consideration between the two of them, they both headed inside, quietly, but not super silently.

They cleared the first floor first, knowing that the one tha twas being tracked wasn't down there, but they wanted to make sure that there were no other threats down there.

It wasn't until they were heading upstairs that they heard ... really anything. It sounded like a door closing quietly.

... it was possible it was known they were there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 05:55:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Jake was silent, hearing the door close.

"We need to be careful." he told her.

"Odds are they might know we're-" he started to say, before he saw an orb of flames hurtling right towards Anya.

"LOOK OUT!" he exclaimed, as he tackled her out of the way, and the orb hit the wall behind them.

"Ok, they DEFINITELY know we're here." he commented, as he quickly surveyed the area to see where the person had gone to after making the attack, if he could see them at all.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 06:02:42 )

Anya had landed hard, but then again, so did Jake.

"Damn." She muttered before looking around as she got to her feet. She then paused before looking to the burned pillar by them.

". . . Jake." She said. "They're strong." She stated. 'Like... stupidly strong."

"They may not actually be a child." She finished with.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 06:30:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked around some more, his forked tongue darting in and out of his mouth rapidly.

"...this place smells weird." he told her.

"Weird as in... oddly fresh. Like, purified. As though the mustiness and staleness that should be here is gone. But at the same time, it's... off..." he went on.

"Regardless, maybe we should split up." he suggested.

"WOAH!" he then shouted, as he dodged ANOTHER fireball, but it managed to singe his arm.

"Yowch!" he exclaimed, looking at the burn it left.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 06:38:20 )

Anya looked to Jake when the ball of flames singed him. She didn't say anything after realising he was all right and sighing.

"We're here to help!" She called, her voice calm as she called out to the one tha twas throwing the fire at them.

"We aren't here to cause problems! Just give us a chance!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 06:48:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"GO AWAY!" they heard a young male voice call back.

One that was definitely that of a child.

"JUST GO AWAY! LEAVE US ALONE!" he yelled further.

"...that was a child." Jake said, getting to his feet.

"A child produced flames of THAT intensity?" he muttered.

"That's... frightening."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 06:50:59 )

Anya was silent as she heard the call back. When Jake said what he did, she met his gaze.

"I can only think of one family that has flames THAT strong with their children." She commented before approaching the stairs they were by.

"Hey... come on. Can we talk? Please?" She asked, making sure her voice was loud enough.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I swear. I can even get you some food"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 07:12:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Jake was silent, before looking at Anya.

"I'm going to see if I can find the other one." he told her quietly.

"Maybe they'll listen to reason." he said further.

"If you need help, call for me." he finished, before sneaking off.

"YOU'RE LYING!" the boy called back to her.

"ADULTS LIE!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 07:14:19 )

Anya didn't say anything to Jake, just nodded to show she heard him.

"Come now, will you give me a chance at least?" She asked.

"Even if you decide to not trust me... just give me a chance to prove myself to you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 07:34:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........HOW!?" the boy called to her.

"HOW CAN I DO THAT!?" he asked.

Jake, meanwhile, was making his way through the building, his tongue slipping in and out of his mouth.

'This fresh sent... this... off... fresh scent is concentrated somewhere.' he thought.

'Maybe that's where the other one is.' he then thought further. '...assuming there only two...'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 07:38:44 )

"Come talk to me." Anya responded with.

"Seriously. Just come and talk. Keep your distance. You're a mage, obviously... I'm not." She then said.

"I'm not human, but I'm VERY susceptible to fire." She added, almost pleading him without a pleading tone.

"Please, come give me a chance. Come talk. Tell me why you're here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 08:06:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence from the boy, before she saw his face poke out from where he'd been hiding.

"....why?" he asked.

"Need a place to live." he said.

"This place is a place nobody cares about. So it's perfect for us." he went on.

"We're just trying to live. That's all. People can afford to lose some things every so often. They're essentially rich." he reasoned, inadvertently giving Anya a sense of his perspective.

Jake, meanwhile, had stopped at a closed door, and he could tell the scent was the strongest behind it.

"...all right." he mumbled to himself under his breath.

"Here goes." he said, gently pushing on the door to open it, and peering inside.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 08:09:49 )

"That... I can give you somewhere nice to live." Anya said. "Somewhere that isn't falling apart, at it seems this place is very close to being." She told him, knowing that there was a good chance he wouldn't believe her. He'd already shown that he didn't have a good outlook on things, and it wasn't hard to guess.

"Give you access to running water, a stocked fridge and kitchen, fresh new clothes.... Wouldn't you like that?" She asked before pausing a moment. One of her spiders had a piece of information she found quite interesting.

That kind wasn't completely human it seemed.

She wasn't about to reveal that she knew, though. Of course.

-

Jake, meanwhile, opened the door and poked his head inside. When he did, the main thing he could see was a mass amount of wilting, dying, flora. There were more plants than he'd seen in one room before, especially since it seemed many were coming through the tiles of the floor.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 08:25:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......yes." the boy admitted.

"I would." he said.

"But how do I know you're not lying to me?" he asked.

"The people of this city already don't like us. How do I know that you're not sent here by them to get rid of us?" he asked her further.

".....are you?" he then suddenly inquired, sounding a little more vulnerable now.

'...woah.' Jake thought upon seeing the wilting and withering flora.

'I've... never seen anything quite like THIS before...' he thought further, as he continued to slowly step inside.

He then focused his sense of smell to the only other figure that was in the room, and tried to see through the thick vegetation to find out who or what it was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 08:39:21 )

"I'm here from out of town, in order to save you, before trouble comes." Anya answered honestly.

"And I do mean that, trouble is going to come to you. I want to help you avoid that." She added on with a light sigh.

"I know you don't believe me, but it is the truth. How about you come back to my hotel room with me for some food, a bed to sleep in, and a shower? Or bath if that's what you prefer. Get properly cleaned up, as I'm sure you haven't for awhile, and get some proper sleep."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.