Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/24 22:01:55 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Two figures hastily and frantically ran through the thick vegetation and trees. One looked to be a male in his early teens, but he was fairly tall for such an age, and it was clear that he was well-built. Extremely so. The other was female, noticeably shorter, and she looked to be about 9-10ish.

And they both looked somewhat panicked, the male more so.

"I.. I... are they following us?" he asked.

"Are they chasing us?" he asked further.

"I don't want to go back there." he said, brushing some of his red hair off of his eyes. "I don't want to go back there!" he repeated, but in more of an exclamation this time.

He then shook his head once more, as they continued to run as fast as they possibly could.

The panic sweat that was pouring down his face was getting heavier by the second, and he could swear he was hearing a rushing sound around him... but his mind also seemed to be in a bit of a haze as his ears buzzed and rang, so he paid no heed to it.

Instead, he focused on getting away, as far as he could, and making sure the girl was with him, too.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 02:19:49 )

"I know you don't." The small girl stated, her tone rather biting.

"But remember, we should be far enough away by now. It's been days, Lindsay." She added as they ran.

"You're so panicked, and honestly, it's driving ME up the wall." It was here that she stopped to listen. She wasn't sure what it was that she could hear right away, but she knew that she could hear something.

As Lindsay ran ahead though, he found out quickly what it was.

He realised that there was certain harm below them as his footing gave way, and he ended up starting to fall down a ravine.

"ANNA!" He screamed. The girl, Anna, was quick to start sliding down herself, a lot more gracefully and obviously intentionally, to get closer. As she slid down, vines were creating a platform a few feet below Lindsay that he was reaching quickly.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 03:56:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was panicking even more, now. But not for the reasons one would think. The ravine was deep and steep, but there was a raging river down below.

Now, most people would assume that Lindsay was panicking because he didn't want to fall into the river. And most people would be right. But they only knew the very tip of the iceberg as to WHY, truly.

Lindsay clamped his eyes shut tight, expecting a large splash... but what he got was a thud... and not a very graceful one, at that.

"...huh?" he mumbled, opening his eyes slowly, and seeing that many vines had broken his fall.

"....phew." he exhaled in massive relief.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 04:07:58 )

Anna slid down to the platform as well and sighed.

"Y'all right?" She asked after a moment or two. After Lindsay nodded, she just sighed lightly.

"Watch your bloody step next time, will you?" She asked as she looked around, trying to plan the best way back up to the path.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 04:25:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....sorry, Anna." Lindsay apologized.

"I just... I... I just... don't... want to go back..." he mumbled.

"...." he was then silent, before looking around as well.

"This is... a fine pickle..." he mumbled, looking upwards, and then looking back down towards the river.

He then followed the river up and down, but it seemed to stretch on forever.

"...can you make vines that form a sort of ladder?" he asked. "Which is to say, have them sprout out of the cliffside in such a way that we can grip them and use them as footholds?" he clarified.

"That might be the best way to get back up."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 04:59:27 )

"well, I was able to make this platform, and it's strong enough to hold the pair of us, so I don't see why not." Anna answered before pausing.

"But..." She looked up toward the top and then back to the platform.

"I wonder." She muttered, making her way to the the 'wall' and laying her hands on it. With some serious concentration, she was able to create a small rift in the Earth. A rift that then filled with a few vines that were deep. Before Lindsay could ask what the hell it was that she was doing, he felt the platform they were on shift, mere seconds before it started to rise.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 05:16:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"W-w-woah!" he stammered, almost falling over, but managing to keep his balance.

"Huh?" he mumbled.

He then looked around, seeing that the platform they were on was, indeed, starting to rise up.

"Woah..." he muttered.

"Cool!" he exclaimed, looking around again.

"That's amazing, Anna!" he told her as they ascended.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 05:18:32 )

Anna didn't say anything, couldn't really break her concentration for the moment. When they were close enough to the surface to climb out, she motioned for him to go first before following. Moments later, the platform they were one fell apart.

". . . that... took a lot outta me. Damn." She muttered as she sat down on the path they had been on previously.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 05:37:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Lindsay was silent as Anna said what she did.

"Sorry." he apologized.

"I shouldn't have been so reckless." he said, hanging his head a bit.

"Do... do you want to rest for a bit?" he asked.

"Or keep going?" he asked further.

"I can carry you on my back if you want to keep moving." he then offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 05:53:49 )

Anna was silent for a moment before climbing to her feet. He coudl tell it took a fair bit of effort, but she was able to remain standing.

"If there is one thing that the bitch drilled into my skull, it's to keep getting to me feet, no matter the damage." She commented with a sigh.

"Let's go. Let's try and make it to a town or something with somewhere to hide, by nightfall."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 06:25:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"................" Lindsay was silent, and sighed.

"Right." he said.

"Yeah... yeah, true..." he admitted, shaking his head slightly.

"And yeah, we need to find a town." he agreed.

"Odds are they'll have a couple of places where nobody's living." he reasoned, thinking about it.

"And depending on how active things are once the sun goes down, we might be able to stock ourselves quite well." he then added with a smaller sigh.

"Anyway, yeah... let's move." he finished, as he started to walk down the path, being more careful this time.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 06:34:01 )

"Yeah." Anna agreed with a nod.

"Yeah, there's a really good chance of that. " She then said. "I've lived in the city before, before the bitch grabbed me."

"Not sure where we're near though." She added as she caught up and fell into step with Lindsay.

"Sadly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 06:49:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Lindsay muttered.

"...question." he then said.

"What's the city really like?" he asked her.

"I mean, it's been described to me before, but... I... I've never been." he went on.

"Is it really as noisy and polluted and mean as I've been told?" he inquired.

"Because it sounds like an awful place."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 07:02:27 )

Anna shrugged.

"Where I was? Nope." She answered. "I have been told that there are places in the world that bad, yes, but overall not that bad." She paused.

"Although, I haven't been in ... a few decades, so I don't know." She added.

"I do know that the cities have expanded since i was last in one. So there's a good chance we can find somewhere to hide."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 07:18:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, that's good..." Lindsay replied.

"At least we'll be able to hide." he said further.

"I hope so, anyway." he then mumbled.

It was then that they heard a howl in the distance. This caused Lindsay to freeze up.

"What...?" he whispered.

"Was... was that a wolf?" he asked.

"Do you think we'll get... attacked by a wolf?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 07:26:07 )

Anna was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Wouldn't be horrible if we did." She commented.

"You know we could kill it,a nd it would be decent food for the night if we don't manage to get to a city or town." She then said.

"So... yeah. I can make it that it's less likely to attack, just a simple bloom that all fauna avoid the scent of, so as long as I keep one in hand, even though we won't like it either, it'll keep them away."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 07:41:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....oh yeah." Lindsay replied.

"Yeah, you could easily kill it." he said.

"Well... um, do you know where the closest city is?" he then asked.

"I mean, I'm not sure WHERE we are, exactly." he admitted.

"You'd know better than me. Any forest is like your playground."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 07:43:02 )

"The absolute best I can say, is the that the closest is about 25 miles from her to the East." Anna answered honestly.

"I'm not sure if we'll get there before the sun sets, but I think it'll be a 'barely' situation. WE can do it, but we'll barely make it before it's dark." She added with a light sigh.

"But that's literally the best I can say."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 07:56:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Lindsay mumbled.

"That's... fair." he said.

"I guess we just need to keep moving." he told her, as they heard another howl.

Lindsay just sighed again.

"If it attacks, it'll be dark before we reach the city." he muttered.

"But... it'd be nice to eat, I suppose." he went on.

"Where should we look first for a place to stay when we reach the city, anyway?" he then asked, changing the subject.

"In a very general sense. Like, any areas or whatever?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 22:09:21 )

"If it decides that it wants s for dinner, I can take care of it, yes." Anna agreed before pausing.

"As for where, I have no idea, admittedly." She then said.

"Our best bet would probably be somewhere like an industrial section. But I can't say for certain."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.