Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:27:10 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....a little." Lindsay replied.

He sighed and described his experience, and how he just managed to escape.

"I managed to get some oranges, apples, and potatoes, though." he then told her.

"No meat." he lamented.

"They're getting tired of us, and they're taking to some harsh measures." he went on.

"Pretty soon, we may not be able to get anything when we go out."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:30:53 )

Anna just sighed.

"All right." She said.

"I'll see if I can find somewhere else to go hide." Followed a few seconds later. "I should be able to get a decent read on the city, or if not, then we can just move at night and hope to find somewhere." As she spoke, she was getting to her feet, but was obviously rather unsteady with it.

"I'm going to head outside and see if I can find anything, even just another part of the city for us to hide in."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:46:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Lindsay was silent again.

"Yeah..." he said.

"Hey." he then muttered. "Are you... okay?" he asked.

"You've seemed... not so good for the past bit." he commented.

"And you don't look so steady on your feet." he said further.

"Everything all right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:51:25 )

"I think I just got a bug that my body isn't used to from the damned hell we were in before." Anna answered simply before heading out of the room, leaving him alone with the plants as she made her way through the large area and downstairs.

As Lindsay got to his feet to leave himself, he brushed a few leaves. That was when he noticed something.

The leaves were drying. It was just the tips so far, but they were drying.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 08:07:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

His eyes widened when he noticed this.

"...they're... they're dry." he said.

"This... no, this..." he muttered, staring at them.

Anna took pride in maintaining her plants, her vegetation. They were always fresh and healthy... and if anything started to go wrong, she noticed right away, and did what she could to fix it.

He knew this. And he also knew that this plant wasn't supposed to have any dryness in its leaves. As well, he knew that Anna should have noticed this right away, and would have fixed it already.

Putting them all together, it raised further concern in him.

"Anna..." he whispered, before leaving the room and following her.

"I'm gonna go out to see if I can find some meat!" he called to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 08:09:09 )

Sure thing. He heard in his head, which was something he rarely heard from her. Their past had almost completely shut that down, eliminated the possibility, so to speak. She only ever remembered she could do that when she was either too far to be heard, couldn't get the volume needed, or was in no shape to be speaking.

He hoped it was the first reason.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 08:26:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"................right." Lindsay muttered.

This was even more concerning. And the fact that there were so many unknowns to this frustrated him even more. He wasn't sure what to do here. He didn't know if he even COULD do anything.

But he had a suspicion that Anna was not in good condition, and there was a chance it could get worse.

So he sighed, and made his way to the door that they'd been using.

"Back soon-ish!" he called to her, before stepping outside.

He did, indeed, intend to search for some meat... but also, see if he couldn't find any help for Anna.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 08:53:27 )

Anya sighed as she stood on the balcony of the suite that the pair of them had for the time they were there.

"Nothing so far." She muttered, surveying the city below.

"Damn. Here's hoping my spiders have something, soon." With that, she turned and headed back into the room. Jake was out collecting information for the moment, but she knew he'd likely be back soon.

She hoped he'd have information, or a spider of hers would return soon with information. They'd already been there for a week and a h alf by this point, and for all they knew... the kids were dead.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 21:25:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, in line with her feelings about Jake, he returned within 20 minutes.

"Before you ask, no, I didn't get anything." he told Anya when he stepped onto the balcony.

"One thing IS for sure, we're not dealing with mortals." he told her.

"They seem to get all over the city, and their trails tend to just... stop in the most random places." he continued, shaking his head slightly.

"Odds are they're using mana or special abilities to teleport, or disappear, or whatever." he continued.

"We may have to resort to just combing the city and trying to locate a stronger trail." he then lamented.

"...well, unless your spiders have come back with something, that is." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 22:28:36 )

Anya was silent as Jake said all he did, before letting out a bit of a breath of relief.

"That's good. We've ben here long enough they could have died for all we knew." She commented.

"If there's anyhting that both should know, is that those that aren't mortal... tend to live through anything." She added with a light laugh.

"But it also does make it .... more of a possible issue for us." She added with a light sigh.

"Hopefully my spiders return soon with information."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 22:48:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Indeed." Jake responded.

"If these individuals are pushed into a corner, there's no telling what they might do." he said.

"We need to tread VERY carefully." he went on with a small sigh.

"I'll continue to try and pick up a fresher trail." he then said further, looking over the city.

"I just hope we're not too late."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 22:54:31 )

"Honestly, so do I." Anya answered.

"Just... so do I." She sighed lightly before shaking her head.

"Anyway, let's head out fo rdinner." She then said.

"Or do you want to stay in or something?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 23:29:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake thought for a moment, and nodded.

"Let's head out." he told her.

"Maybe something will crop up while we're out." he reasoned.

"If not, at least it's a nice dinner out." he then said with a small shrug.

"What are you feeling like having tonight?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 23:39:45 )

"Maybe." Anya agreed.

"As for what, hmmm, good question." She commented before pausing to think about it.

"Oh!" She started after about a minute, "How about tha tone diner that we saw the other day?" She asked.

"We both expressed an interest in checking the place out." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 00:07:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, that's true!" Jake remembered.

"Sure then, let's go." he said.

"Seems like as good a time as any." he reasoned with a shrug.

"Do you need to do anything before we go?" he asked.

"Because I'm good to go right now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 00:12:33 )

"I'm good to go." Anya answered with a nod. As they left, (and as she walked past the stand the TV was one) she grabbed her glasses that had the glamour to hide her spider features.

While they were at the diner, they were both kind of lamenting the lack of leads for the kids. It was about then that Anya paused and looked at Jake.

"My spiders got a lead." She said quietly.

"Apparently one of them is lingering around nearby." She then said. "Not... sure why though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 00:29:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake's eyes widened when Anya said that.

"....nearby?" he asked.

"How close?" he asked her.

"And how... stationary do they seem to be?" he asked further.

"I need to know how much time you think we have." he continued.

"Or are you going to have one latch onto them as a tracker?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 00:31:24 )

"Going to have one latch on." Anya answered.

"And by 'nearby'... seems to be about seven blocks from here. So not too terribly far, but far enough they could move before we got there." She added before sighing.

"At least with this lead, hopefully, we can actually find them, and get them the help that they need. No kids should be on the streets like this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 01:50:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I agree." Jake replied.

"Such a thing is heartbreaking." he told her.

"...I wonder who they are." he then said.

"What their deal is. Why they've resorted to THIS kind of life." he went on.

"Sadly, there's only one way to find out." he then finished with a small sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 02:00:51 )

Anya nodded before sighing.

"I'll keep tabs on them and see where they goes for an extended period of time." She then said.

"Because the file said two." She added. "Maybe whomever this one is will lead us to the other."

"So, after we eat, let's start walking in that direction"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.