Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 17:06:52 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....scared?" Lindsay asked.

"She was... scared of you? Of people?" he asked further.

"Not fitting into your image of her, kid?" Jake asked him with a small smirk.

"...no. It's not." Lindsay admitted.

"Well, people change." Jake told him.

"And you really should meet Kiah. You should meet some family of yours." he suggested.

"....yeah...." Lindsay admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 18:11:43 )

"Just... might be a good idea to wait a bit. Last I heard she's working on something or other that's requiring a LOT of alchemical experimentation....." Peyton then said.

"I'd hate to see you inadvertantly roped into helping.... or being tested on." She added, addressing Lindsay specifically with that one. She knew Jake could deal with it, and knew that he could, and would, stop her if need be... but she wasn't so sure if Lindsay could, or would.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 03:08:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just nodded slowly in response.

"Okay." he replied.

"I'll... I'll wait..." he said.

"In the meantime, eat." Jake told him.

"You need it." he reasoned.

Lindsay nodded again, before slowly starting to eat... but it quickly turned more voracious. It was clear that he was malnourished. Not to an alarming degree, but it was definitely concerning.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 03:16:51 )

Peyton just laughed as Lindsay ate as voraciously that he did.

"Someone hungry?" She asked with a light laugh. "Eat up. If you didn't get enough and are still hungry, they're really nice and let you get seconds."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 03:34:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just nodded as he continued to eat, and in no time at all, he had finished what he had.

"...seconds?" he asked.

"They really give seconds?" he asked them.

"They do." Jake replied.

"You just need to take your tray up and ask." he told him with a smile.

Lindsay nodded and smiled happily, before rushing to do so. Jake watched him go with a sigh and a smile, before his expression turned more serious.

"...poor kid..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 03:49:05 )

Peyton was silent for a moment before looking to Jake.

"What's the reason for that statement?" She asked, her voice curious... concerned.

"I can tell he's had a rough life, but what's going on that I'm not aware of?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 04:12:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....Vanessa Encrae." was Jake's answer.

"So young, yet that vile bitch subjected him and his friend to such horrors." he told her.

"I didn't witness it, myself, but I know what Encrae was like." he continued.

"And those kids would have been treated as nothing but animals." he growled.

"Lower life forms."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 04:17:32 )

Peyton was silent for a few seconds after Jake had said what he did.

". . . That's... horrible." She then said.

"I mean... there's more to say, sure, and I could try and not truncate it to that... but I just... words fail me." She admitted after a few seconds as she saw Lindsay getting more food.

"I just... that's horrible. No child should have to go through anything of the sort. Ever."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 04:53:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I agree." Jake replied.

"But Vanessa does it." he told her.

"All other species are nothing more to her than resources and pawns for her to use to get to her end goal. Age, gender, it doesn't matter. We're all equally contemptible in her eyes." he lamented.

"But for that child to have been forced to undergo genetic restructuring... I cannot even imagine the pain he must have went through." he continued.

"Peyton, Vanessa Encrae is a monster, and they're lucky to have somehow escaped." he then said, before pausing and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"...even though they'll have a constant reminder of their time there..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 05:57:07 )

Peyton sighed.

"I really wish I knew some way to help." She admitted.

"I suppose the best that can be said... really is that the only thing that anyone really can do.. is just be there as they need to." She paused a moment.

"As you've someone to talk to when need be."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 06:27:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just smiled at her softly.

"Yeah." he said.

"That's about it." he told her, as Lindsay returned with more food... most of it being some of the spiciest stuff the cafeteria had to offer.

"Woah, like the heat there, kid?" Jake asked, noticing this.

"Uh-huh." Lindsay replied.

With that, he grabbed one of the stuffed spicy peppers and popped it into his mouth, whole.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 06:32:03 )

Peyton just chuckled.

"Seems to be common with Fyrane's. Kiah's fond of spice as well." She commented as she finished up what she had.

"Anyway, I've got some stuff to do." She said as she got to her feet. She smiled at Lindsay.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Lindsay. If you want someone to just chill with, or chat, or have any questions, Jake here knows what I am easy to find in this building." She told him

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 07:12:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay smiled back at Peyton.

"Same to you." he said.

"See you later, Peyton." Jake told her.

With that, she left, and Lindsay finished his food.

"Come on." Jake said. "Let's go check on your friend." he told him.

"Can we bring food for her?" Lindsay asked.

"Heh, sure." Jake told him.

With that, they got some food for her, and made their way back to the medical wing, Jake knowing full well Angela would find them before they found her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 07:19:37 )

Sure enough, when they entered the med wing again, they saw Angela straightening the desk that was there.

"Oh, hey you two." She said.

"The girl's awake." She added before motioning over in the direction of her - even though she couldn't be seen.

"Come on, I'll take you to her." She added before leading them to a room in the back. Anna had been placed in a private area, strictly because of the level of care that she'd needed.

"If you need me, just push that button over there." She then told Lindsay as she motioned to a blue button on the wall.

"Beyond that, I'll leave you to it." With that, she left.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 07:34:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay watched as she left, and Jake looked at him.

"All right, kid." he said.

"Go and see her." he told him.

Lindsay nodded, before stepping inside the room.

"Anna?" he asked, closing the door behind him.

Meanwhile, Jake heard a voice call to him.

"Jake! Need to talk to you and Angela, stat!" it said.

"Sure thing, boss." Jake responded.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 07:37:24 )

Angela just sighed.

"Yo." was all she said as she approached the one there.

"Absolutely no need to be calling out like that. This is as good as a hospital as you can get. Mind keeping your voice level?" She asked as she reached him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 07:51:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just sighed.

"My apologies." he said.

"But I have questions." he told her.

"SERIOUS ones." he went on.

"I know there are new people here. I know they are here in the medical wing." he said further.

"Can I get more information on them, aside from the very brief messages I got earlier?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 07:52:49 )

"Two kids." Angela started simply, and plainly.

"One was seriously close to death - she's actually awake now but still probably not able to get up on her own power... will probably be pretty weak for a few days." She continued after a couple seconds, "the other... I don't have much information on, but all I know is that the pair of them were hiding out in an abandoned warehouse according to the girl, Anna."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 08:05:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"They're victims of Vanessa Encrae." Jake then said.

"...excuse me?" Sharp asked quietly.

"Yes. They are." Jake confirmed.

"The boy's name is Lindsay. And Encrae did forceful genetic recombination on him, forcing different DNA to be mixed with his own." he explained.

"And no, I don't know what animal." he quickly added.

"...oh, and he's a Fyrane." he then said.

"........I see." Sharp responded after a pregnant pause.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 08:10:31 )

"Meanwhile, Anna is just... an oddity." Angela then commented. This was where she could offer information, moreso than Jake could hope to.

"Oh? Howso?" Sharp asked.

"She's got ... well, human genetics, yes, but not naturally." She told him. "She was bound to that form, and the seal is on her back. I'm not sure the specifics of it, but it's a tree... that is losing it's leaves slowly." She paused here before sighing.

"The odd part though... is that she's a crossbreed."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.