Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 23:54:59 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked over towards Anya, and raised an eyebrow.

"An assignment?" he asked.

"...been a while since I was last out on one of THOSE." he chuckled, setting his newspaper down.

"Sure, why not." he then said. "I could use a change of scenery." he reasoned.

"....but what of here?" he then asked. "I can't just get up and leave right this second." he told her.

"SOMEONE'S gotta hold down the fort, so to speak."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 23:58:45 )

"I think Mira will be replacing you again." Anya answered.

"Since she's the usual one that he gets to fill that role when you're not available." She added after a moment.

"Anyway, we'll need your car. So come on. If your'e game, let's go. It was stressed that can't really linger."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 00:19:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right, all right." Jake responded as he stepped out from behind his desk.

"Mira, huh?" he asked.

"When is she getting h-" he started to ask, before a female voice interrupted.

"Now." a female voice responded, as a woman that stood no taller than 5 feet stepped through the door that connected the security station to the Unit.

"All right, guess that's that." Jake said.

"I suppose there's no point in telling Sharp, as he probably already knows." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 00:33:58 )

"Precisely." Anya commented.

"Hey Mira." She said to the short woman.

"Yo." Was her reply.

"Since you're here, can you do me a favour?" Anya asked. Mira just nodded.

"Tell Peyton that I set up the appointment she requested, hey?"

"Will do. No get going. "

"Right. Jake, let's go." Was the last thing Anya said before heading to the door out.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 00:51:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just nodded and waved to Mira, before following Anya outside.

"All right then." he said.

"A tracking mission, eh?" he asked. "Must be serious if you and I are being sent out." he said further.

"Or, rather, YOU'RE being sent out, and you've chosen ME." he clarified.

"What's the deal?" he then asked her.

"Who, or what, are we tracking?" he asked further, as they reached his car and he remotely unlocked the doors.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 00:57:46 )

"I'll fill you in when we make a pit stop back at home." Anya answered.

"Rather not say much where others can hear us for the moment." She then said. Jake nodded before they climbed into his car and drove off. Once they reached their home and were inside, they made their way up to their bedroom and started getting a travel bag together.

"All right, so here's the situation..." She trailed off slightly before explaining what it was that she was being sent out on, and him as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 01:16:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Jake was silent as the explanation was given, before sighing.

"And just kids, supposedly..." he said quietly.

"Right." he muttered, as he started to gather things as well.

"Indeed, we have no time to waste." he agreed.

"What do you think our first stop should be?" he asked.

"How do you want to start this, once we get there?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 01:24:29 )

"That, I don't know." Anya admitted.

"Set up in a hotel, probably would be the best first move." She then added as she got things together.

"Another thing would be to probably let some of my spiders out while we're on the way to the hotel. Let them get a read on teh area, and hopefully... maybe... find something that can be a lead."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 01:47:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Sounds like a plan." Jake replied as he finished getting together what he needed.

"All right, I'm done." he said.

"I've got all I need." he told her.

"Whenever you're ready, we'll head out." he continued.

"We got a bit of a drive ahead of us, but it shouldn't take TOO long." he reasoned.

"Want me to call ahead and try and book a hotel?" he then asked. "Or is that something you'll do on our way? Or just when we get there?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 02:11:43 )

"We should wait til we get there. Get an idea for where we're going to be and whatnot." Anya answered simply.

"And I'm good to go, let's go." She then said as she shouldered the backpack that she had filled.

"I figure if you're hungry, we'll grab food on the way. We've got a bit of a ride." She added with a light sigh. They were going a few cities away.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 02:28:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake slung his bag over his shoulder, and nodded.

"Got it." he said.

"Let's go." he told her.

With that, they left the house, made sure everything was locked up, and went back to his car. They threw their bags in the back, and were on their way.

"Right, you want anything?" he asked.

"It's probably best to grab something to go while we're still in the city."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 02:43:16 )

"I could definitely go for something, but at the same time, wha tI want I can't really get for the moment." Anya admitted.

"Oh? what do you want?" Jake asked, his voice curious.

"A steak, actually. Not really a good thing to grab on the way though." She added after a few seconds.

"I'll grab one when we're there. Either tonight or tomorrow, at some point."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 02:56:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....hm." Jake muttered.

"Fair enough." he said.

"I know a place that does a really good steak poutine, if that'll take the edge off, at least." he told her.

"I mean, it's hardly a substitute for a steak dinner, but it's SOMETHING." he reasoned.

"If you're interested, I can swing by the place. It's right near the turnoff to the highway." he then finished as they turned a corner and he continued down the road.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 03:03:16 )

"Yeah, that works." Anya answered with a nod.

"Beyond that, we just gotta get there, get ourselves set up, and see if we can find and help the kids." She then said with a sigh.

"I hate when it's children."

---

Some time later, Anna was standing over the sink in one of the bathrooms, staring at her reflection. She looked rough, her hair was a mess, her skin was a bit paler than before, but it wasn't too alarming. She felt like hell, but at least she was alive, and free.

"Ugh." She groaned before just leaving the room, a bit of a limp to her steps.

"Hey Lindsay! I'm heading out to grab more water!" She called. Before he could reply though, she was gone, heading off toward the river that she knew they were semi close to. To be fair, she didn't even know if he was in or not. For all she knew, he hadn't gotten back from his theivery attempt yet.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 03:28:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake shook his head.

"I do, too." he said.

"Makes me feel like a villain..." he mumbled.

---

Lindsay was not back yet.

In fact, he was having a little bit of trouble. More so than usual.

He'd gone out to grab some fruit and vegetables for them, but it seemed that people were starting to get VERY annoyed with him and Anna. So much so that they were setting up detection measures and such. One such case was a guard dog hidden behind the crates for the produce stand he liked to swipe from.

Now he was doing his best to hide from the canine, as well as the angry female stand owner. He'd ducked behind some large garbage bins, and hoped the smell would mask his own.

'Maybe we've overstayed our welcome...' he thought to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 06:06:16 )

The canine that was very much unhappy with him, along with the owner, just growled.

"Find him." She stated to the canine, knowing that he would do as she said. It was a question of how long until he found the kid, too.

For a few minutes, Lindsay heard the canine searching for him in an area that he wasn't worried about.

Then it started to get close.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 06:40:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay froze when the canine started to get closer and closer to his hiding spot.

'Damn it.' he thought.

'Damn it, damn it, damn it.' he repeated mentally, as he looked around, trying to locate some form of escape.

He was near an alleyway, and bit his lip when the dog got even closer.

"......." he was silent, before he saw a rat scurrying about under some trash. Sweating heavily, he made a swift motion and grabbed the rodent, gently tossing it out from behind the trash.

The rodent, upon seeing the approaching canine, hissed and snapped its sharp teeth.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 06:47:14 )

When he threw the rat, and it got the canine's attention, Lindsay used the chance and used his mana to vanish from where he was, appearing back in the warehouse they were staying in.

He checked the food, before nodding. It had survived the heat, thankfully. He hadn't managed to grab much, but at least he'd been able to get something.

He dropped it off in the room that they were using - which was probably a break room in the past - before heading off to look for Anna, who hadn't been lookin' too hot before he'd left. He found her sleeping in the room that she'd claimed as her own. It was full of plants and the like, was veritable greenhouse, even.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:06:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." Lindsay was silent as he saw Anna sleeping in the room she'd claimed.

'...she looks worse...' he thought.

He then made his way over towards her, and sat down by where she was laying down.

".....hm." he mumbled.

'What's going on?' he wondered.

"Hey... Anna?" he then said quietly, just to see if she was lightly asleep, or sound asleep.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:08:44 )

She didn't stir for a moment before sighing.

"Good to know you got back without being killed six ways from sunday." She commented, not moving, not looking to him.

"What's up?" She asked, her voice a bit quiet. She sounded exhausted, and it was ver easy to believe that's why she was in there in the first place. Before he answered, she shifted to sitting up and met his aze.

"Were you able to get anything?" She asked, her voice curious.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.