Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 22:35:52 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right." Lindsay responded

"At least we have SOME idea as to where to go." he sighed.

"....." he was then silent once more, scanning and taking in the area.

He then paused and looked at some berries that were growing nearby.

"...hey." he said.

"Those good to eat?" he asked, picking some.

"They look really juicy and good..." he commented, salivating a little.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 22:43:25 )

Anna was silent for a moment as she looked over to where the berries were.

"Oh, yeah. Ttoally." She told him.

"But be careful of the vines near it. They're toxic as all get out, and if they touched any of the berries, you're in for some pain." She added.

"Best idea is to rinse them, anything that would be left by the vines would be rinsed away easily."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 22:54:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".......hm." Lindsay muttered.

"I see." he said, picking more of them and gently pocketing the berries.

"I'll wash them when I have a chance." he reasoned with a small sigh.

With that, they continued on with their hike, until the edge of the forest they were in was in sight... and it was just as the sun was starting to disappear on the horizon...

...and Anna sensed an approaching creature.

Lindsay couldn't sense it, but he was uneasy suddenly, as though he was aware SOMETHING was off.

But Anna knew. It was a wolf pack.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 23:04:55 )

Anna was silent before sighing.

"Lindsay, I know you despise fighting, so if you wan tto avoid anyu bloodshet, get up into the trees." She told him as she looked around. She was on guard, and it wasn't hard to guess why, either.

"Because I do not want to fhgt around you if you're just going to be in the way."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 23:37:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was silent, as they heard the rustling.

And it was getting closer.

He gulped audibly, before rushing to a nearby sturdy and thick tree, and shimmying up it as best he could. Which was pretty quickly, considering how big he was.

That was when Anna saw the eyes. Glinting, glowing eyes in the darkness.

There looked to be about 6 pairs surrounding her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 02:23:28 )

"Ya'll are dumb animals." Anna muttered as she looked and saw all the eyes around her.

"all right, come on. I'm just a ltitle girl. I can't fight you all off, can I?" She asked, taunting them - if they udnerstood her. She knew they would understand the posture as she raised her hands out to her sides.

As she did so though, vines were starting to create a bit of a dome around each of the wolves. The question would be whether or not they'd be trapped, or if they'd get out of the way before they were. Whether they did or not, didn't really matter. Anna would most likely eviscerate them anyway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 02:55:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The wolves growled at her, before some of them yelped, getting caught by the vines.

However, 2 of them managed to avoid them, and leapt out at her.

As they did, they opened their jaws, sharp teeth glistening.

It was clear they were hungry.

And they intended to kill her for food.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 03:05:37 )

Anna just smirked as she met the gaze of one of them that was coming right for her. Some vines grabbed the tail of the other, before throwing it to the side. She didn't know if it was going to stop it, but she didn't care. Gave her a second to not worry.

The one that was in her gaze though, was able to see, and feel, as the air changed.

"Here doggy." She said as she stepped out of the way of it, causing it to slam into the ground. It quickly righted itself, shook the pain off before looking back to the child.

"You having fun?" She asked as it dove for her again. This time, she had a wall of Vines come up and grabb it, keeping it in place.

"Don't make it so easy." She stated moments before the other wolf dove for her, its teeth latching onto her shoulder and taking her to the ground.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 03:31:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Anna could feel the lupine's teeth sinking deeper into her... but all of a sudden she heard a bit of a thud, and the pressure seemed to ease up.

That's when she noticed that Lindsay had jumped down from the tree, and was now literally prying the wolf's jaws open with his bare hands.

"No." he said.

"You won't... hurt her." he said further, managing to open the creature's mouth completely.

"You won't... hurt... ANNA!" he yelled, before grabbing it by the tail and slamming it into the nearest tree. And then he did it again. And then again. And then once more, obviously killing the thing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 04:52:26 )

"Well..." Anna started, pain almost completely absent from her voice. It was one thing both were very well adapted to - pain. She barely felt it now, even a broken bone barely net a wince from her after what she'd been through.

"That worked. Meats already tenderized." She added with a snicker.

"Hungry?" She asked before making sure all the others were dead.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 05:15:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was breathing heavily, seemingly lost to the world, before Anna asked her question.

"Huh?" he stammered.

"Oh!" he said.

"Yeah... yeah, I could eat." he told her.

"...I blacked out again, didn't I?" he then asked her quietly.

"Did I... do anything... bad?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 05:26:06 )

"Not at all." Anna answered.

"If anything, you helped take care of the wolves." She added before looking around."[/b]

"We passed a clearing about half an hour ago. Think we can cart any of these back there?" She asked.

"Or we could look for another clearing nearby. Or at least somewhere to sit and fry up some food without having to worry so much about the fact that we ARE in a forest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 05:37:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay looked around.

"How many are here?" he asked.

"6." Anna replied.

"I can carry 4 of them back to the clearing easily." Lindsay told her.

"I don't know if there are any clearings nearby, but I know I can carry at least 4 of these things back to the one we were just at." he went on.

"Is that enough?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 06:00:32 )

Anna nodded.

"Yeah." She answered.

"Let's go." She then said before they grabed what they could (Lindsay with four, her with one) and started to backtrack to the clearing that they had passed a bit ago.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 06:33:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay followed her, looking around, until they reached the clearing from before.

"Ah, good." he said.

"We're here." he commented, throwing the carcasses down.

"What first?" he asked.

"Do you want me to start us a fire?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 06:36:44 )

Anna set the one she'd managed to cart back down by the others.

"Yeah, I'll get some kindling for you to do so, and some rocks to put around, y'know, to protect the area." She answered before heading off to do so, not paying any heed to how she was leaving a blood trail. Throughout the trek back, she hadn't let out a single peep of pain, and even now, she barely had a limp. It was apparent just... how much she'd gone through before, and Lindsay could attest to it, even.

After about ten minutes she returned and set the stones she'd grabbed - most that were a good size, even - down in a circle around where she had dumped some kindling she'd found as well.

"There ya go." She said, sitting down on an overturned log.

"I'll add some Everburn later to keep it burning for awhile if we decide to camp here for the night."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:06:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, nice!" Lindsay replied.

"That'll help a lot." he said.

He then paused, and thought for a moment.

"By the way, are you all right?" he asked.

"That wolf bite looked like it really hurt." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:08:19 )

"Huh?" Anna asked. When Lindsay motioned to her leg she paused and just sighed.

"Well.... I dunno. It doesn't hurt." She then said. "BNarely even feel it..." She added before sighing again.

"I'm going to wrap it. Probably not good to have something bleeding so well." As she spoke, she was causing a rather leafy plant to grow next to her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:28:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just sighed as Anna said what she did.

"All right." he repled.

He then arranged the rocks in a circle, put the tinder and kindling in the circle, and then snapped his fingers, causing the material to be set ablaze.

"There we go." he commented.

"That should keep us warm, and we can cook dinner on it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:30:09 )

"Perfect." Anna said with a nod before she looked to the wolves.

"Well, this is going to get messy." She commented as she took the sweater she was wearing off and tossed it aside to try and avoid getting it covered in blood. Once that was done, she caused some vines to grow and used her mana to manipulate them in such a way to make them sharp, akin to a knife.

"I'll hack these apart and pass them to you to cook. You're better with that than I am." She then said.

"Sound good?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.