Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 17:11:13 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Lindsay was silent in response, which was some form of progress. At least he wasn't shouting at her any longer.

"I..." he then stammered. "Well, I..." he started to say further, before suddenly pausing.

"Wait." he said.

"Wait, where's the other one?" he asked her. "Where's the man?" he asked further, narrowing his eyes accusingly... but before she could answer, they became as big as saucers.

"Anna!" he yelled.

"This was all just to distract me!" he shouted, before he turned and bolted down a hallway.

Meanwhile, Jake had reached where Anna was, and was NOT happy with what he saw.

"....you poor thing." he said quietly to the seemingly unconscious girl.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 22:21:10 )

Anya was silent before letting out a curse. That was not something that she'd expected him to pick up on.

"Damit." she muttered before following the kid upstairs and down the hall.

She reached just in time for there to be a fireball that was quite large, hitting Jake, right in the back. She hadn't seen where it had hit, but had heard his exclamation upon the impact.

"Jake! You all right!?" She called, standing a few feet down the hall from the kid, who looked ready to go again. It was then that the kid noticed that the girl he was there with - Anna - was stirring. As she stirred, Jake found his feet and ankles caught by vines. Once she was aware of what was going on, she wasn't the quickest but she got away from him as quickly as she could.

"Who the hell are you!?" She exclaimed, distrust, anger, and an underlying defense to her voice. A defense that he could see starting to spark up, as there seemed to be a neon green colour to her eyes at times.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 03:39:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake was reeling from the fireball earlier, but looked at Anna rather stoically, though there was obvious concern in his eyes.

"They're here to take us away!" Lindsay exclaimed.

"Take us back!" he said further.

"No! That's not it!" Jake responded quickly. "We were sent here to find out about you two, and then try and help you!" he told them.

"LIES!" Lindsay yelled.

"Adults lie! Adults hate us!" he insisted, tears forming in his eyes, even though they were clearly filled with anger.

"Adults want to control us!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 04:07:49 )

Anya paused a moment.

"I... what?" She asked, sheer confusing her voice, and expression.

"Control you?" She added.

"The hell would we want to control? You're just kids, and obviously have enough of a personality to make it that you'd be quite difficult to control."

Anna meanwhile was silent as she just stared Jake down.

"...." She was silent for a moment before just sinking to her knees, she didn't have the strength to remain on her feet. Then again, she was almost deathly pale, and he could see the 'veins' of mana that were visible just under her skin.... probably keeping her alive as it wasn't reacting in any defensive manner.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 04:23:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just growled.

"Adults want to control us. They want us to do whatever they want." he said.

"Just like Miss Vanessa." he said further.

Upon hearing that, Jake froze.

"Vanessa...?" he asked. "Control...?" he asked further.

"Are... are you talking about Vanessa Encrae?" he then inquired.

Lindsay seemed to freeze and cower a bit when he heard the name, and just looked away.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 06:51:15 )

Anya paused a moment before sighing. She then approached Lindsay, and stood where Jake would be able to see if he was facing the door.

"That bitch fucked with our lives for the last time." Anna spat, the mana that Jake could see just under her skin very apparent in her voice.

"Jake's had ... a run in with her, to put it lightly." Anya commented. "It wasn't fun for him, and I don't imagine it would be fun for you two either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 07:12:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked off to the side, his head heavy and his eyes sunken in a little now.

"....my time with Vanessa was the worst in my life." he said.

"She took advantage of me in my time of need. She seemed nice. She seemed sincere. But when I was brought to her hideout... her tendrils seeped into me." he told them.

"The physical abuse... the strain... it was never enough for her. She would have run me into the ground and then buried me when I was used up." he continued. "...actually, she probably would have just left me to rot." he went on.

"I managed to shed myself of her control... and then I ran, never looking back." he continued, seemingly just talking aloud now, getting things off his chest, bearing his soul to them.

"...but I'll never be rid of the mark she left on me..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 07:19:54 )

Anna was silent for a moment before looking to Lindsay, as if asking for his opinion on it. Was he going to trust this person? This thing? She could tell he wasn't human, but she didn't know WHAT he was exactly. Couldn't tell regarding Anya, either. Normally, she likely would have been able to, but considering her current state, there was no hope.

"Jake, answer their questions later. She really isn't lookin ggood." Anya said as she saw Anna past the man she was there with.

"Seriously. She looks like she needs to head to Angela, and last week."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 07:34:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....ah, yes." Jake said.

"Listen." he then said to Anna.

"You're sick. It's obvious. And it's clear that you're getting worse and worse." he continued.

"Please, let us help you." he went on.

"We know a medic that's a miracle worker." he informed them.

"Please. Help us help you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 07:46:33 )

Anna, who Jake could tell was going to resist, even as a leaf fell off of one of the nearby plants.

"Look. We want to help you two," Anya started, talking to Lindsay whom she was standing near.

"She's going to die if she doesn't get help." She added. "Look at her, she doesn't even have the strength to be on her feet." As she spoke, Anna, in response to Jake, had gotten back to her feet and backed away from Jake to the wall, as best she could. A few seconds later, though, she hesitated.

"Jake... catch h----" Anya started, having been able to tell that the girl was about to drop.

To which she did, before Anya had finished her statement.

Thankfully, she was short enough that it was very likely her landing on the floor really wasn't that bad. As she fell though, a couple more leaves did as well, almost as if they were dying with her - which was pretty easy to tell.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 08:05:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Anna!" Lindsay called out, rushing over towards her.

"....listen to us, please." Jake said to him.

"If you want her to live, we can help." he told the boy. "But you need to trust us. You need to let us take her to a medic." he went on.

"...fine." Lindsay replied after a pause.

"If only because I have no options." he added, resistance in his tone.

"Let's go, then." Jake commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 08:07:41 )

Anya was silent for a moment before tossing a coin over, which JAke caught.

"Got a quick travel back for in case we needed it." She told him.

"I'll finish things up at the hotel and drive home. You, take care of them, hey?" She asked.

"Don't owrry, I'll be fine. And no, we can't take the time for you to drive all four of us back. She's ... well, she doesn't have the time that travel would take."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 08:25:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake caught the coin, and made his way over towards Lindsay and Anna.

"All right." he said.

"See you later, Anya." he told her.

With that, he used the coin, and the three of them disappeared from where they were, appearing in the security landing that connected to the Unit.

"Mira." Jake said upon seeing the guard.

"Time is of the essence. The girl is dying." he told her.

"Verify it's me, and trust me when I say these kids need help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 08:47:28 )

Mira was silent before nodding.

"get going. Jake, I know you anywhere." She stated with a light laugh.

"Go, you know where the med wing is." She added after a moment as the buzzer sounded to let them in. "I'll give Sharp a heads up you're here too. Take care of the girl."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 19:23:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake nodded in response.

"Thanks, Mira." he said to her.

"Come on." he told Lindsay.

Lindsay nodded tentatively, and they made their way inside. On their way, they passed a few people, but he heard Jake stop any attempts at conversation beyond 'hey', citing time was of the essence.

Within a few minutes, they reached the med wing, and Jake looked around, searching for someone.

"Angela?" he called out, though he kept his voice a little quiet.

"Got an emergency here!" he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 19:29:10 )

Angela wasn't hard to find, but then again, she usually wasn't. She was currently washing blood of her hands, which likely wouldn't sit well with Lindsay. When she looked over and saw Jake with the kids, she paused.

"Lay her down." She said, motioning to one of the cots nearby.

"And gimme whatever information you have." She then said, not saying much else so as to give them a chance to speak. She kenw that she needed to know the basics, at the very least, in order to try and save her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 19:48:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay walked over to the cot, and laid Anna down.

"You're the one with the info, kid." Jake told him.

"...okay then." Lindsay responded quietly.

He then proceeded to tell Angela all that had happened that he suspected caused this. The wolf attack from so long ago, when she fell through the floor, and how her plants, as well as Anna herself, had looked like she was wilting and dying.

"...I couldn't find anyone to help, or any medicine." he went on.

"I couldn't help her..." he said, his tone dripping with guilt.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 19:54:21 )

Angela was silent as Lindsay said what he did before looking to Jake.

"All right, you? You take care of the kid, make sure he's all right... and feed him. Boy looks like a scarecrow." She half ordered, knwoing that she could order people around when it invovled health.

To Lindsay she just held out a hand.

"I can see you're really uncomfortable here." She then said, moments before there was a bit of a glow before an almost mint green orb of mana that seemed to glimmer and sparkle, formed above it.

"Here. Takes some of this. It'll help you feel a bit more relaxed here while I work on your friend." She didn't insist he take, merely offered it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 20:10:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake remained silent, merely nodding.

Lindsay was silent as well, as Angela said what she did, and offered the orb to him.

"....k..." he then said quietly, in a surrendering tone.

It was clear that he wasn't happy that he'd come here, but he had surrendered himself to whatever was going to happen next.

He then took the orb, and immediately he was awash with a feeling of comfort and relaxation... and it helped him to realize something.

"You... you really CAN help Anna, can't you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 00:19:02 )

Angela just smiled softly.

"I'm pretty sure I can" She told him honestly. "Now go get some food, clean up and a change of clothes. Make yourself more comfortable." She added, her voice calm, quiet, comforting. She was used to speaking to children, after all, as she had her own.

"After that, come see how she is. I can almost guarantee that I'll have her in much better shape than she is." She assured him.

"All right?" She asked. "You take care of yourself, let Jake help, and I'll take care of ... Anna was it?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.