Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 05:59:01 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay shook his head.

"Nope." he said.

"Go ahead." he told her.

"I'm going to stay out here and keep looking around." he went on.

"See if I can't find anything useful." he continued.

"I doubt it... but anything might be handy that was left behind." he shrugged. "It seems a lot was left when this place was shut down." he muttered.

"A shame it's been going to waste." he then commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 06:09:15 )

"There has to have been a reason for the shut down." Ann commented with a light sigh.

"But I have no idea what that reason was. At least it's somewhere we can hide for now." She then added after a moment.

"Anyway, I'll meet you later." She added before grabbing everything, making sure it was all in the bag well, and heading off, leaving Lindsay alone.

On the way back from there, she paused before heading into one of the rooms they hadn't checked out yet. She heard... something in there, and had no idea what it was.

Her first step was solid, no issues.
Her second step creaked, but nothing too alarming.
Her third step felt the floor giving way, and she tried to get off that spot. When she landed, to the right, though just gave way quicker. All in all, she just delayed the seemingly inevitable.

"LINDSAY!" She called, urgency in her voice, but not fear. She just knew this wouldn't go well, regardless.

Before Lindsay could reach her, he heard a thud... and then silence.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 06:25:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay had already been racing towards where Anna had called from, but suddenly froze when he heard the thud, and then the silence.

"....ANNA!?" he called out.

"ANNA!" he then shouted, as he picked up his pace immensely.

"ANNA!" he repeated, as he tore through the warehouse, honing in on where he'd heard the noise come from.

He then raced towards the room he'd heard her call from, and dashed inside, unsure as to what he'd find.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 06:32:57 )

When Lindsay entered the room, it was dark, completely and utterly dark. When he created the fireball in his hand to get a better look, he saw a hole in the floor, and some blood on some of the remnants. Along with that, he saw some leaves that looked to have been snagged.

"Dammit." He heard, faintly.

"ow..." He could identify it as Anna, easily. He'd spent years with her by this point, after all.

"[b]"I'm all rigth!" She called up to the flame she saw above. He couldn't see her though, there was too much dust. All he saw was her faint form... and lots of grey from the dust.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 06:50:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Anna!?" Lindsay called down.

"What happened!?" he asked.

"Do you need help!?" he asked further, as he scanned what he could see.

'Damn... this is dusty...' he thought.

He then noticed the blood that was left.

'...that hurt her...' he thought further, concerned now.

"Are you badly hurt!?" he then asked her. "I see blood up here!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 07:08:18 )

"I'll talk once I find my way back up!" Anna called up to him. She wasn't sure what else to say, and honestly she really didn't want to try and figure out a way out there. She knew she'd have to though. It was a chance to explore the area a bit, as well.

With a sigh, he heard her starting to move and making her way through the stupidly dark room that she'd fallen into. She did manage to find a door though, thanks to the fact that she had a glowing bloom in her hands.

After about twenty minutes, she finally managed to make her way to the upper level that she had fallen from.

"Yo! Where are ya?!" She called out into the building, wondering where it was that he'd headed off in the interim. She knew that if she didn't let him know she was all right, then he'd probably panic, and she didn't want to deal with that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 07:15:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A few seconds later, she heard his voice call to her from across the space.

"Hey!" he called back.

"Over here!" he said.

The two of them then started to make their way towards each other, meeting in the middle.

"Hey again." Lindsay replied.

"What happened there?" he asked.

"Was the floor broken or something?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 07:23:58 )

"Gave way beneath my weight." Anna answered. Lindsay just paused.

"You're... just ... you're a feather. You weigh nigh on nothing." He commented. Anna just sighed.

"I know. But it gave way beneath me. Imagine if you stepped there." She commented.

"Also, I'm good. The fall just tore the leaf bandage off my leg." She then said with a sigh. "Hurt like a bitch though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 07:42:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, to be fair, I AM better at bouncing back from fatal injuries than you are." Lindsay responded.

"...would be a fire hazard, though..." he then admitted.

"Regardless, as long as nothing's seriously wrong, and you're okay." he then said.

"Guess this means you definitely won't be going on a run for a little longer." he went on.

"Which is fine. I'll make sure we have food." he assured her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 07:45:25 )

"I'm all right." Anna assured him.

"Trust me, I'm good. Just... heading up to the room I overwhelmed with the plants. I inhaled a lot of dust and whatever else was down there." She added.

"So I'll see you later." was the last she said before heading off to the room in question.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 08:05:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, see you later." Lindsay replied as she headed off.

He then looked out the window, and sighed.

"At least the weather's nice." he said.

'For whatever THAT'S worth...' he then thought.

-A little over a week later, in another location-

A woman made her way down the hallways of what seemed to be an office building, until she made her way into a receptionist's office. She was told to sit and wait for a moment... so she did.

And she was only waiting for a few moments, before the secretary spoke.

"Agent Sharp will see you now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 08:06:50 )

With a nod, the silver haired woman made her way into the office.

"Yo. It's odd for you to want me, specifically." She commented as he motioned for her to take a seat, to which she did.

"What's up?" She then asked after another second as he handed her a bottle of water, as was the standard when she was there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 08:26:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I realize that, but we need your talents." the man behind the desk responded.

He then handed her a file, to which she accepted and looked through.

"Local law enforcement cannot track these people." he said. "They've done nothing more than theft right now, but we can't be sure thing will get out of hand." he went on.

"From the reports inside, we can determine they are mages, at the very least." he continued.

"And the Triad and Council have deferred this case to us, as they're both currently dealing with a massive scandal. You know the one I'm referring to." he then said, shaking his head.

"Regardless, your talents are just what we need for tracking these individuals, but I realize that doing it alone may be a tall order, even for you." he continued.

"So I'm allowing you to choose your partner for this assignment."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 10:13:24 )

She looked over the file and listened to what he had to say before sighing.

"Tracking, huh?" She asked, not looking up as she continued to read.

"Not often I'm asked to do such a task..... But I can, you know I can." She added before pausing as he mentioned what he did at the end.

"My Choice?" She asked. He nodded.

"Jake."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 21:28:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp raised an eyebrow when she said that.

"Oh?" he asked.

"Interesting." he said, going to his computer and bringing up some personnel files.

"Why Jake?" he asked her.

"And no, I do not doubt his abilities or anything like this. It's just that whenever an agent has the choice of their own partner, it's required that there be an explanation." he then told her.

"Yes, I have veto power in this situation, but I doubt I'll be using it." he went on, making sure she knew. "However, red tap and all, I need reasons as to why."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 22:53:25 )

"Personal bias towards him aside," she started simply as she set the fil back down on his desk, "Jake and I work well together. Before I came seeking asylum, back when we had contact, there were times he'd be looking for someone, or something, and I was the one he always asked for help."

"I know that the two of us combined can do it, we've done searches before." She paused a moment before sighing.

"And he actually knows how to handle my spiders if something happens, or how to deal with ME if something happens. Most people here still freak out when seeing my blood is blue."

"I can come up with more if I need 'em." She then finished with a smirk.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 23:13:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp just smirked in response.

"That was plenty." he assured her.

"All right, then Jake it is." he said.

"One second." he then said further, before thinking for a moment.

"All right, how do you want to go about telling him?" he asked her.

"I want you to head out ASAP, but we'll need a replacement for his guard duties." he went on.

"Do you want me to call him up here, or grab him on your way out?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 23:21:16 )

"If you need a fill in, I know Mira's filled in before. She's small, but... people are pretty intimidated by her." Anya offered.

"And I can grab him on the way out, not an issue." She added. "Unless it'd be better for him to come up here, that is." She then said afew seconds later. She honestly wasn't sure what would be better.

"Regardless, I will head out within the hour, most certainly. Gives me time to head home and pack up a travel bag or something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 23:38:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mira?" Sharp asked.

"Sure, that works." he told her.

"Now, go." he ordered. "Time is of the essence." he continued.

"It's getting to be bad enough that they're considering making this an open hunt for all the guild system." he then warned her.

"And with that, I've told you everything." he finished.

"Good luck out there."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 23:40:18 )

"And they're just kids..." Anya said quietly before shaking her head.

"Yeah, I'm gone." She then said before heading off, not wasting any time.

She made her way through the building and toward where she was intending to be - the entrance. She didn't actualyl leave, just approached the guard that was there... who was who she expected.

"Yo! Jake!" She called as she neared.

'I need you." She then said, wondering if he'd take it in a not so innocent or serious manner, but didn't take the time to give him a chance.

"Sharp's sending me out on a tracking mission. Need you with me because we work well together." She then said.

"You game or no?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.