Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:42:50 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay nodded in response.

"Yeah." he replied.

"Sounds good." he said.

He then looked around, before thinking for a moment.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Can you make up something to set the cooked meat on?" he asked.

"Like a makeshift plate or something?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:54:46 )

"Leaves are wonderful." Anna commented in response, which was completely true. She knew of various leaves that would be perfect for something like that.

"Would you prefer to stay or try and get to some shelter tonight?" She asked as she started to cut pieces of meat off, her hands almost surprisingly steady considering the injury she'd sustained. Or at least, would be surprising to someone who didn't know what she'd been through in her life thus far.

"Considering the bite you sustained... let's stay tonight, hey?" Lindsay asked. Anna sighed lightly.

"Looking around," he started to continue as he looked around at the ground around them, "you've lost a lot of blood, especially since we're a good distance from where you were originally bitten." Anna was silent for a moment before sighing.

". . . . That... that's fair." she conceded.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 08:08:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right, glad we agree." Lindsay replied.

He was then silent, and looked around some more, looking upwards as well.

"Looks like it'll be a clear night, too." he commented.

"So we should be able to get away with it for just one night." he reasoned.

"And it'll allow you to regain some strength, hopefully."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 08:11:41 )

"At least there's that." Anna agreed.

"I'll have it that we're protected from potential rainfall with a couple of jumbo sized leaves." She added.

"If nothing else, for just in case." With that, she caused a leaf to form on the ground, which she set cut off pieces of the meat onto.

"All right, I got two wolves down to inedible parts." She said.

"want to grab the leaf, which is acting as a tray?" She asked after a moment.

"I'll hack up more if you think we need it. I'm not sure how hungry you are, but that is a good amount of meat."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 08:26:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That... should be enough." Lindsay replied.

He then grabbed the leaf and pulled it over towards him, looking at the mound of meat on it.

"All right, here we go." he said.

With that, he grabbed one of the 'steaks' in his hands... and placed them both right into the fire.

"How do you want it done?" he asked.

"Reddish, still some pink, or well done?" he asked further.

"Just so I know how long to keep this here." he said, not even seeming to care that his hand was right in the flames. In fact, he looked like this was normal for him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 09:50:26 )

"You know I tend to like my meat pretty red still." Anna commented.

"Just heat it enough to deal with some of the bacteria and the like that is there." She added.

"Or just singe the outside, but that's it. I like it red... I chalk that up to the lantha in me." She said with a light sigh.

"You would do well in a freak show though." she commented as she made her way over to the fire and sat down near him.

"Seriously. Sticking your hand in the fire. Do you know how weird that is for people who aren't used to it like you and I are?" She asked with a laugh. She was very used to seeing him have his hands in flames, but she knew tha tit wasn't normal - there had been various reactions from those that were 'in charge' of them before.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 21:24:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I often forget that." Lindsay replied, in relation to her last statements, before taking the meat out and setting it down on another leaf that was there.

He then grabbed 2 more steaks and stuck them in the fire, obviously still holding them.

"I guess I'm just used to people treating me like a freak, without questioning it." he went on.

"Mist-" he started to say further, before seeming to catch himself. "...Miss Vanessa beat that into my skull." he commented with a sigh.

"As well as a lot of other things..." he then muttered, taking the meat out and putting them where he'd put the first one.

"Go ahead and have those. They're cooked how you like them." he told her with a small smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 00:03:01 )

"That's one thing that you're good for, Lindsay. If you ever need a reminder. You're an effective cook." She commneted with a laugh as she had vines move the leaf over to where she was.

"At least it'll be nice in here tonight, I think." She added after a moment.

"Should be, anyway." she added before smirking.

"Doubt we'll be bothered again, especially if we leave a couple of those corpses around."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 00:18:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, I try." Lindsay replied with a small smile.

"Thanks to some of the people back... there... I DO know how to cook things. So... I mean, that's a thing." he commented, not wanting to talk about where they'd been any more.

"And that's good." he went on.

"It'll be nice to have a quiet night." he muttered.

"But you're right, if we leave a couple of the carcasses around, it'll either act as a deterrent, or distract other scavengers and predators from us." he reasoned.

"Either way, it'll work."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 01:15:00 )

"Precisely." Anna agreed.

---

A couple of days later, Anna returned back to where her and Lindsay had been hiding out. They had found their way into an abandoned warehouse that seemed to be just outside of 'condemned' status.

"Hey Lindsay~!" She called into itas she closed the door, not sure where he was within. She had a bag slung over her shoulder, a bag that had a bunch of rations she'd manage to steal.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 01:26:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a moment of silence, she heard Lindsay's voice.

"Hey Anna!" Lindsay called from higher up in the warehouse.

"I'll be right down!" he called further, before looking around.

He then raced down a few flights of stairs, reaching the ground floor and approaching her.

"Was just further exploring this place." he told her. "There is a LOT of neat stuff that got left behind here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 01:55:06 )

"Yeah, pretty large place, it'll probably take us a few more days to search through it all completely." Anna commented after Lindsay had said his piece.

"ANyway, I grabbed some drinks for us, since we still hav esome of the wolf meat." She added as she handed the bag over to him.

"I'm heading up to one of the bathrooms to clean up a bit. Skid down a hill into some mud, and I want it out of my hair." She said before heading off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 02:14:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right!" Lindsay called to her.

He then looked at the bag, and sighed.

"Not much of a way to live... but at least it's our choice." he said.

He then carried the bag over to one of the tables they'd set up, and started to unpack what Anna had brought.

"Hopefully we'll be able to stay here for a while. We don't need any excitement in our lives right now." he mumbled to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 02:27:46 )

He was left looking through stuff for about half an hour before Anna was appraoching again.

"That took longer than I expected." She admitted.

"Anyway, I know it's not that much, but I was nearly caught." She explained.

"So I grabbed what I could and ran."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 02:45:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay immediately looked concerned when she said that she had been nearly caught.

"What?" he asked.

"You were almost caught?" he asked.

"...that's not good." he mumbled, thinking about it.

"Who knows what would have happened if you had actually BEEN caught..." he said. "And... wait, were you followed?" he then asked.

"Do we need to get out of here?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 02:48:01 )

"They can't have followed my mana." Anna answered.

"I dove into an alley and used my mana to get closer to here." She then said with a shrug. "Easy enough, no?"

"But yeah, chances are they can't follow my mana. But it does mean that you're going to have to head out for the next run." She finished with.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 03:23:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay sighed in relief, and nodded.

"All right." he said.

"That's fair enough." he told her.

"....and I think I know a way that I can do it." he then said further, thinking about it.

"But it depends on whether or not they saw you." he continued.

"Did they?" he asked. "Which is to say, did they get a good hard look at you?" he clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 03:30:59 )

"I don't think so." Anna answered.

"I think it's a case of they saw the sweater, and my at the time brunette hair because it was covered it mud." She added.

"Not the blonde So I think I'm good."

"Why?" She asked after a few seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 03:59:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I might be able to manipulate people." Lindsay replied.

"If I go to the same places you did, or near them, and scream about a brown-haired kid with your sweater on stealing something from me, they may chase after where I said you went." he told her.

"Leaving me to pick what I can while they're on a wild goose chase." he explained.

"It might work, and even if they don't chase after you, they don't know about ME, so no harm done." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/27 05:50:41 )

Anna nodded.

"Yeah, that could definitely work." She agreed with a nod.

"Anyway, I'm going to take what I managed to snag to that kitchen-esque area I found yesterday." She told him. "Unless there's something you'd prefer I left here for the moment?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.