Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Why did you pick your username?

Donator — Local birb Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 22:00:35 )
It is a family name of a family that I love in the media. I also tend to rp the family as well on tumblr.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 04:53:44 )
@iggy: Oh, hey! I used to love Maximum Ride! I think I stopped following it about the time the 'big bad' was revealed to be global warming lol, but I collected the manga and stuff.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 04:57:13 )
Elithiya:
I have gone by Avox and Avocado most recently on sites but I will probably never use those names again.

I vaguely remember an Avox a long time ago on Trisphee.

Donator — sheep Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 05:26:30 )
@Slytherclaw: Ahhh I feel like it's not a well-known series so I'm always surprised when people know it! Ahh yeah it does get a little blah there in that book with the global warming, but it does pick up more after that book. I actually haven't read the very last one yet - came out like two years ago now and I do own it lol. I have the manga versions for it too! I think they're a great adaption of the novels!

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 05:44:55 )
i don't even remember how i got toxxic. the earliest i remember using it is december 2008 when i signed up for a forum with that name. i used to use a ton of different names on rp sites and such before that but then toxxic stuck. i have still used some other names like if toxxic was taken but toxxic just kinda feels like me.

i was also a bit of a scene kid and had a rp character named toxxic. again no clue where i got it from but that's what i started calling myself lol.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 10:38:19 )
I use cedes lately since it's easy and my rl nickname! I went by love for a while though, picked it randomly when i joined a site in the beginning because I thought it was cute! Plus people called me love, I thought it was adorable! D<

@iggy: Hng I lvoe the books! And yeah, the movie adaption was... disastrous!! I was cringing so hard, couldn't finish it, and that's enver happened lol! I could barely even tll who was iggy v fang honestly, they looks so different! D:<<

awesome art by okios <33

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 10:38:56 )
@Slytherclaw: I use this name everywhere :D

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 13:42:13 )
Elithiya:
@Espy: Oh wow:o I don't think that was me then lol I've only used Avox on sapherna I believe! I'm Zenella on Trisphee!

:O Huh okay.

Donator — she/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 14:41:14 )
I have a thing for llamas lol

The very first username that I remember using was lisa1484 on a site called goSupermodel (rip), which was a sort of avatar site, except that you didn't earn currency from posting but rather from playing games and other stuff like that.
I never really used that account though, and then my friend signed up with the username mille123.3, which I then for whatever reason copied and went with mille234.4. I think that I used that a little bit on other sites, before beginning to sign up with millelolxD (as well as millelolx3 and millelolxP) for a long time, which is about the cringiest username I can think of.
Then at some point I got really into llamas, and started using Miss Llama, as well as sometimes MissLlamaness. I don't really use Miss Llama much anymore, and rather go with MissLlamaness. For alt accounts as well as sites where MissLlamaness is too long, I use AnotherLlama and ALittleLlama.
If Llama is available though, I just go with that.
That was way too much text, sorry lol
● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

Donator — sheep Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 06:01:34 )
@cedes: I forced myself to sit through it and good god I was so mad. Fang's adaption was the worst. He was supposed to be a punk/emo lookin' kid but they made him look like Eminem. And Iggy, Iggy just made me sad. ;-;

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 00:33:44 )
Way back when I first joined Gaia my username was Sandburialgaara. My favorite character at the time was gaara so that's how that name came to be. Eventually I joined a guild where we had to change our username to get accepted and one of the members came up with burial and it just stuck. It's been my username for pretty much everything since then

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 01:23:12 )
I've only been using this name for... about a year a think? But it's one I came up with since I wanted my name in it somehow (Sam). the Spyroxis portion is something that I added because it sounded cool, and originally I was going to have an OC named Spyrox before I decided on my username. I'm planning on keeping this one as my main name though since I've never seen anything similar to it (not yet anyway)
Before that I went by LucifersSavior for about 3 years on everything but Gaia (it was already taken), that one was because I'm a huge Supernatural fan and I like both Sam and Lucifer, hence the name (it makes sense if you've seen past season 4)
Before using LucifersSavior as my main name I just used random OC names that I no longer use (I don't remember most of them to be honest...)
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 11:28:46 )
I'm afraid I have no deep meaning behind my name. Except that I actually use to dislike my name so it's a bit of a good feeling to accept and embrace it. :D Also, my name is often taken and I like short and simple usernames! BUT this thread is so cool, it's nice to see why people picked their username. O_O
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 10:51:06 )
My default username on most sites relates to koalas; but whenever I get a chance to make my name Sulley (after the Monsters, Inc. character) I pounce. >:3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 11:37:03 )
It's the username I always use. I need to stop making usernames since I tend to forget all the lesser used ones. When I was on Gaia I'd want to change my username almost every few weeks. aaaa

art by me
My Deviantart

Donator — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 23:32:51 )
I always use this name. I believe I've had it since I joined an anime/dbz forum. Or some variation of it. Usually Kent-sama or KentKatana, if Kent is taken. I prefer just Kent though. He's been my oc since I joined Gaia. Pretty much a persona now. Sometimes I'm Rayka or Haven, but they're usually mules.
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 23:48:42 )
i have this name on gaia, but i picked it because the original i wanted was taken.
pixiebones.
and pixiebuns is heck'n adorable so.

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 04:36:51 )

[x]

pls don't

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 05:06:47 )
I'm RensIllusion in most places now and it's my artist name.

Ren came from an ex's nickname for me, Renny, and I also found out Ren is an old english [albeit male] name meaning Raven which is an older nickname I went by. Illusion comes from trying to make my own little worlds in the characters I draw and create and not wanting to live in reality xD

Donator — She Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 05:43:05 )
I've had so many names online ^^" but I never can keep just one, right now I tent to chose Kjemi, which I think looks and sounds cool but also it means chemistry in norwegian and I love chemistry. Plus it's starts with a K, like my real name so I feel more attracted to it for some reason

Check Out My Art Shop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.