Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Green Dream Pixels [Full o wo]

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 05:56:33 )
Green Dream Pixels
Baking up some pixel dollies since 2013

[intro]
Hey guys, so I had this shop back in September of 2017 and since I'm back, I figure I can make more dollies while I'm here <3

i've been doing tiny pixel dolls since 2013 when I decided that I wanted to try my hand at sprites. My best dollies are small or teeny tiny and if you zoom in you can see just how much OCD I have when it comes to pixel placement. XD;;

I may open myself up to doing chibi drawings down the line, but for now I'm in the mood to do some pixel art.

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 06:13:26 )
[Examples]
I'm currently only offering dollies of three variants; the newest samples are first.

Base 1

Base 2

Base 3

Some of these dollies were gifts/avatar site commissions.

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 06:23:13 )
[Do's and Don'ts]
Because these dollies are smaller; some things will be harder or impossible to do without looking funny. XD;;

Will do
- Outside Avatars (With item reference guide upon request)
- Anthro / Humanoid Furries
- Humanoid Mecha
- Couples
- Real Life
- Canon Characters

Won't do
- Overly Cluttered avatars (otherwise they will be simplified)
- Characters that require drastic alterations to the bases (I'm not gonna do Optimus Prime ;P)
- Frankendolling

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 06:33:13 )
[Prices]
These prices are based off of what I have sold these dollies for on other avatar sites; but prices are negotiable.

1 ohm = 20 volts

Base 1
Simple - 2k Volts or 100 ohms
Cluttered* - 2.5k volts or 125 ohms

Base 2
Simple - 1k Volts or 50 ohms
Cluttered - 1.5k Volts or 75 ohms

Base 3
Simple - 1.5k Volts or 75 ohms
Cluttered - 2k Volts or 100 ohms

*Cluttered implies a lot of layers or little details. If you're unsure if your character counts as cluttered, feel free to ask. <3

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 06:46:23 )
[Bases]
So two of these beautiful bases come with a variety of expressions and poses (while the last one I can make various expressions upon request).

Base 1
Ichitoko:

** When choosing the heads; go right to left 1, 2, 3, 4...and the bottom row continues at 6.
** When choosing the bodies; right to left (ignore the five different coloured bases) 1, 2, 3, 4.. and the bottom row continues at 10.

Base 2
binoftrash:

** Because this one has so many options, the default one will be like the four on the top, and the expression would be whatever the character looks like in your reference. Otherwise please specify.

Base 3
** Because the only difference in bases is whether it is female or male; you may request an expression and I can see what I can do. :)

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 06:52:02 )
[Forum]

@Sulley: Doll me up!
Reference(s):
Which Base:
Head Expression:
Body Pose:
Extra Details:
Offer:

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 06:54:03 )
[Events]
HECK YEAH I'LL BE DOING EVENTS! - Like page prizes, discounts, experimental dolls etc..

Do stick around and chat because page prizes will be a thing! >:3

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 06:55:33 )
[Slots]
For now I'm opening up three slots because I'm nervous no one will come. XD;;

Not Yet Started
1. naomi
2. Anarchist Beauty
3. Khajitten

In Progress
1. Rayon Declaire
2. Neko
3. Lady Luna

Waitlist
1. Eliah
2. x

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 06:59:16 )
[Completed Orders]
All orders both freebie and paid will be posted here.

September 2017
toxxic:

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 07:01:52 )
[Reserved]
Because I easily forget things. ;;

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 07:09:11 )
Aaaaand we are open! Feel free to chat too :3c

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:32:14 )
Okay... So I am dirt poor right now but I will happily come in to chat. I'm a terrible pixelist myself so I love supporting those that can and do it awesomely!

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:39:52 )
@Shadami: To be honest I think I want more of a hangout than an art shop anyways. XD;;
Have you tried or done any dollies or the like? I bet you're better than you say. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:42:04 )
Your pixels are so cute!!! I love the first base you chose. :D

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:44:37 )
@Prodigy: Haha thanks! <3 I love that one too; Ichitoko is one of my favourite pixelistes so I just had to use one of her bases for my babies. X3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:46:45 )
Well no I haven't tried dollies. I tried pixeling clothes on another avatar site. And we'll. Disaster much. I'm just not a pixeling artist. My brother is pretty decent though. He made me some Pokemon trainers several years ago for some game I did. Making the Powerpuff girls and fma Edward gym leaders xD

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:48:52 )
@Shadami: If you're interested, I would definitely start with Pokemon sprites; that's what I did too. XD;; I find avatar clothes to be tricker just because of the size; and shading larger surfaces isn't my forte. XP
But those sound amazing! Two of my favourite things lol. Though Alphonse was my favourite of the brothers. :vanora_heart:

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:52:26 )
I made him the Pokemon. He was a regigas I believe. I've got that art somewhere cause I drew it.

I just kinda figure bases and pixeling isn't my forte so I'll stick with freehand sketching and blur shading which is more me. And I'm getting pretty good at it too!

Donator — Monster Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:57:06 )
@Shadami: OOOOOH That would make sense lol ;;

Oh, do you have samples of your art? :D Freehand sketching is my worst nightmare. ;; I need my eraser and my circles and lines by my side at all times XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 11:01:44 )
Yeah I have a DeviantArt. You can see all the terrifying progress I've made over the years xD
https://majerelover.deviantart.com
I haven't set up a shop or anything yet because I'm not sure what I want to offer right now. Or how much. I'm a little behind on my art projects lately.
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.