Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Wanderings ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 13:20:30 )
@CooperationIsKey: that's good that you're trying to train him, although that can be difficult too, especially with older dogs. My comment was just a generalized observation, though, about how different sized dogs seem to have different levels of training. It's not too often you see the little dogs doing the "sit" or "stay" routine (or any other training) and I think it's because they're small enough to be picked up if they're real terrors, whereas my 60#-70# dogs... not so much XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 13:22:46 )
@Lopsided Oreo: lol - not miserable... just tired with a strip of sunburn on the top of my forehead XD And today (now that I've actually slept) I'm feeling better - more human... although more caffeine will help that all the more! :3

@star2000shadow: Ouch. Can you not find some middle-ground in terms of weather and body-stuff...?

@Shadami: I'm sure you will! :3

Voltie — She He It Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 14:56:30 )
https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroComputersandGaming
@Wildfire: More coffee is always the answer though.
RCC + CMP
8/1/2022

I just want friends please.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 16:58:11 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Mesmerizing Moon | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: well when i had an ac I managed just fine during the summmer. but the batterie gave out on it about five years ago . and I can not afford the prices they have for AC's. otherwise I just suffer through 'shrugs' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 17:22:04 )

@Wildfire: That's true, but it also leads to the stereotype of little dogs being "mean" because they aren't trained! Toki just turned 3 and he can sit and stay pretty okay. He does a few other things with gestures (shake 'howdy', lay down). But he doesn't listen well when he's chasing a neighbor (through the fence; he's on our yard side but that doesn't stop him trying to intimidate them lmao) or when a new person is in the house. He seems to be getting a little better about coming ('right here right now') though.

You can bet he listens when a scooby snack is on the line, though! XD;

How are you doing this lovely cool morning?

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 18:05:53 )
@Lopsided Oreo: Yes, yes it is! XD <3

@star2000shadow: That sucks. :( I'm sorry...

@CooperationIsKey: lol... at least you guys are trying, right? I'm not sure any dog is trained perfectly, regardless of size. Mine do the same thing when "new" people come in to the house, and they definitely behave better when there's a treat on the line! (although one of them tends to keep me in eyesight with the whole "stay" thing if I move where he can't see me XD)

I'm doing well, actually... opened the windows and have (apparently; it wasn't really on the 'to do' list today XD) decided to do some Fall cleaning, so the house is a mess ATM... and maybe getting better...? I'm not sure about that part just yet XD Are you enjoying the cooler temps today?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 19:15:33 )

fall cleaning spunds great if i wasn't exhausted emotionally from the day already xD cause i still need to get so much cleaning done.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 19:29:42 )
@Shadami: Fall cleaning does sound like a good thing to do, doesn't it? I wish I had the stamina to do more than the half of one room that I've done so far, but right now, I just ... don't. Gawd that sounds pathetic... half of one room! /eyeroll/ In my defense, it does include a deep clean and the room was long overdue for some serious attention... and I am just so completely over trying to sort through my husband's mess and have decided that he can deal with his (lack of) organizational skills himself - I'm not doing it! /huffs/ XD ... which is why it's "half" a room. LOL.

...we are not nearly as dysfunctional as that paragraph^^ makes us sound! XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 19:37:08 )

@Wildfire: half a room sounds AMAZING.
I tend to only be capable of cleaning 1/4 of a room at a time. 3 kids. meals. ect. it's just busy busy busy all the time.
and we have so much crap . o.O

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 19:44:48 )
@Shadami: Thank you. I'm actually pretty proud of myself so far. There's a lot to do still, but yeah... now that my kids are young adults (although still living at home), I am trying to clean out and organize the 20years of living in one place and raising (& homeschooling) them. It doesn't help that I have tons and tons of clothes due to my ever-fluctuating weight in recent years /sigh/ ...but things tend to accumulate after that much time in one spot - especially with kids in the mix. So, I'm trying to dig out... at least a little :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:05:19 )

@Wildfire: I am sadly in the same boat for clothes. but all my large amounts are in sizes to small T.T
I gained so much weight because of the kiddos. Preeclampsia. My boyfriend is trying to help me get it back off because i've never had to lose weight because i've always just maintained weight. xD

and yeah keep it up! :D Sounds like you're doing awesome, even if it doesn't all get done today!
I'm working my way through my daughter's room. that had all the boxes from our move loaded into it. so she still has yet to be in her own room. I'm hoping to get her in it by the end of the month. ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:22:07 )
@Shadami: Yeah... I'm kind of in the same boat, tbh. I was always thin, but recently I seem to have gained some weight that has so far been more stubborn than usual - hormonal shifts? not giving a sh*t (in some ways)? dietary changes? exercise changes? All of the above?? .... But it's hard to let go of some of your favorite clothes...even if they don't currently fit you!! ... and I'm hopeful that maybe I can reclaim some of them... eventually (by the Spring). :3

It sounds like you and I are in a similar spot with this whole "cleaning out/organizing" thing. I have decided that I'm going to do 1/4-1/2 of a room at a time... like maybe 1x/week (just because, like you, I have too many other things to keep tabs on iRL). Today, I decided to tackle one corner of the bedroom... but that ended up being more than just the 1/4, plus changing the sheets, and doing the laundry, and vacuuming the house (except for the vacuum being weird :/ )... so, I'm calling it 1/2 a room :3

I'm calling it a win :)

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:22:47 )
@Wildfire: hello there your avi is very spoopy!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:24:36 )
@Trixie Kay: Hello! Thank you. Yours is very ... ghostly! XD
How are you? Enjoying the event?

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:29:50 )
@Wildfire: ghostly... is it good or bad XD
iam fine daughter is sick again double side ear infection and pinky eyes. but we will handle this
how about you?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:30:35 )

@Wildfire: absolutely sounds like a win!

I try to do as much of one room as i have energy for each day. and do the next room the next day. That way I don't get overwhelmed and I'm constantly cycling and not getting overwhelmed by the mess still left. If that makes sense. xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:37:03 )
@Trixie Kay: I'd say it's good :3 It's a cute avi! :3
Sorry to hear about the little one - that's unfortunate. Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:37:58 )
@Shadami: It makes perfect sense... and that is my current approach to all this right now too... so yeah... makes sense. And anything is better than nothing right??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:38:58 )
@Wildfire: well today her fever was so high that she just lay on the couch and watch cartoons all day.... normallly she hates to sit or lay around and watch tv all day
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 20:41:07 )

@Wildfire: oh absolutely :]

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.