Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Wanderings ┤▒├

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 21:02:47 )
@Wildfire: A single computer can absolutely act as a host for a Minecraft server, problem is that my boyfriend and I don't live together so we're not on the same Local Area Network (LAN), so I can't just put his IP in and be connected.
That's why we'd have to use something like LogMeIn Hamachi, or find some sort of online server ^^;

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 21:25:35 )
@Alchemists Fire: Well yeah - what you're describing is the easy way, but I do think there's some other option for opening one computer up as a server and to make it available to others. I just don't know / can't remember the details, since I prefer to play video games alone most of the time (in that rare instance that I actually do get to play something)

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 21:39:00 )

@Wildfire: It's a port forwarding , IP address, but world ID stuff... I don't understand fully how it works. and the EX refused to SHOW me how to do it. Only do it for me. so I never figured it out. and my soulmate doesn't play minecraft >.> otherwise he could have taught me xD
At least. I think that's the way you're talking about?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 23:16:38 )
@Shadami: I have long ago delegated tech stuff to my husband and, more recently, to my elder son, but that sounds like one way to do it. There may be other ways as well, and if it's of particular interest, I could probably get one of my tech guys to give up some information and details...

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/30 00:17:54 )
Yeah, you basically have to make your computer a public web sever, which isn't a great plan for security reasons.
I think if we wanna have a consistent server we'll probably end up subscribing to Worlds or something

I'm actually an IT support tech, but I hate dealing with networking stuff xDDD
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/30 13:13:08 )
@Alchemists Fire: Yeah, there are definitely risks to opening your computer as a server, but there are also ways to guard against hackers, etc. But regardless of what you do in terms of security, there will be risks.

LOL - my son who has an A.A. in network admin doesn't like dealing with networking stuff either XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/30 18:00:35 )
OK!!! Today is the last day of the event - the ability to earn and to spend the confetti event currency and I'm just about done collecting my last couple of things, so just in case anyone is looking to gain a little more currency, I'm gonna help you out by posting the last of my Random Questions... Are you ready?? Good! XD :3

----------> Random Questions <---------

-- If you could wedgie any historical figure, who would you pick?

--- What was the best thing before sliced bread?

--- If you could only choose one thing, would you rather read your favorite book or snack all day?

--- Is a hotdog a sandwich?

... and finally...
--- Toilet paper: over or under?

XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/30 18:18:53 )

If you could only choose one thing, would you rather read your favorite book or snack all day?

I think I'd rather read. I've had trouble focusing well enough to read a book for a number of years now and it'd be nice to be able to do so again!

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/30 18:19:35 )

Toilet paper: over or under?

Over, and this is a hill I will die on. It's harder to unroll it if it's under! XD

Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/30 19:40:42 )

Questing :
Demonic

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Afternoon everyone 'waves' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/30 23:49:20 )

@CooperationIsKey: Absolutely over

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.