Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Do u ever miss ur old (toxic) friends?

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 07:22:23 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

I keep having dreams abt talking to mine and it makes me miss them, even tho I had v good reasons for skedaddling

But maybe I just miss having friends 🤷🏼‍♂️

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 07:24:00 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

I spent a lot of time in voicecalls playing videogames and doing collaborative writing n now i just kinda... exist

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 07:36:03 )

@vessel: yes I do sometimes. I wish I didn’t. They weren’t good to me. I don’t want my brain to remember the ‘good times’ with them. :(

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 07:36:31 )

Maybe you are right that it could just be that we miss people and hanging out in general.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 07:49:41 )
I have dreams like that too sometimes... It's ok to have good memories from bad relationships I think. As long as you don't let it influence you to make bad decisions.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 07:55:38 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

@Totalanimefan: there's always good times with shitty ppl :'( thats how they get us to stay

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 07:56:56 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

@Nephila: oh yeah I have no plans in talking to any of these ppl, they're all toxic racist edgelords lol. i kinda try to keep in touch with people who are like me and wanna support others / do mutual aid, but abusers end up in every group eventually :/

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 07:57:55 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

@Priestess of Pie: yeah I'm trying to learn how to accept the good memories n the fun I did have, and kno that leaving helped me grow as a person instead of being stagnant like them

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 08:18:00 )
I too have reoccurring dreams about my old friends I drifted apart from and miss chatting to them. Some ended badly and others I grew (permanently??) apart from - one I wished well/farewell to & others - I think they thought it was better for me to just take care of myself & not feel i had to improve myself as a better conversationalist/friend & of course, they needed to prioritise themselves too. Honestly, without delving much in the still overwhelmingly painful memories or saying anything bad (as me/them are all nice people), there were some relationships which were good/amazing at first & then spiralled badly later on in which I was the toxic one (I didn't understand I was venting too much to them at the time because of my anxiety), and vice versa. I think it hurts so heart-wrenchingly much to think about for both sides. To conclude, I just wish them & me all the best for the present/future. :) For one of my friends, the one I reached out to, we are talking again ; we just being there for each other every day yet don’t always have to talk.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 08:20:52 )
I have reoccuring dreams about my toxic friends too... >.< I don’t really miss them though.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 09:17:55 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Absolutly, however i miss the good parts.
Said friend also later on turned into an Ex however i accepted to dating them bc i was scared of losing them.
Its been more then 4 years now and it still hurts so much and i hate it.
I miss them so much but id rather die then be friends again, back then i didnt realize how shitty they really where.
Every now and then i dream about them.
Its also hard to forget them since every con i go to they are there. Having mutual friends ect...

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 12:13:12 )
Hmmm..... Sometimes I wish I could hang out with my old friends (only a very few of them though they are pretty toxic...) despite that they somehow do occur in my dreams. Then again, I don't really miss them that much since we've already moved on by the time we graduated from high school. It might hurt when you feel like you lose your friends at first but you don't have to hold onto them forever. Finding and making new friends would be a little bit better but that depends on the person.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 16:52:49 )

@vessel: ain’t that the damn truth. And then when they do something bad you are like but what about when they were like this? And then you decide to overlook the bad thing until it’s not only bad things they are doing to you. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 19:32:58 )
yeah, but I don't know how they turned out to be as people. they could just be shitty, and I don't want to be friends with shitty people.

really, I'd rather just have *any* friends.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 20:52:47 )

I never really had toxic friends, just kinda selfish ones who sucked at maintaining their end of the relationship, thus communication died out when I had enough of always having to be the one to initiate contact. If they can't be assed to talk to me on their own, they didn't care that much to begin with. I can think back fondly on the good times we had without particularly missing them as people.

Similarly, I sometimes miss the good moments in my relationships with my family, who very much is toxic and who I don't plan on keeping in touch with once I finally move out. Jokes they made, little traditions around holidays, etc... I can keep those things without keeping those people, but it will always sting just a little bit.

It sucks having no family and very few friends. I can see why you'd sort of miss even the bad ones, especially if you do have at least some fond memories with them. That only seems natural. But hopefully you can make some new memories with better people in the future.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 21:36:15 )

Hello!

I wouldn't say I had any kind of toxic friends, but I know what you are feeling.
We've been sharing memories and good experience about having time together, and even if I miss them, I do not hesitate to write some warm nice messages to them.
I had a friend with tough character with who I haven't been talking for a long time but I felt so nostalgic about her so I messaged her.
And you know, she replied quite positively.
This gave me a relief and I just went further... 8D
I mean, we almost doesn't speak with each other, but still - little warm contact feels nice.

Donator — She,Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 22:41:54 )
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
How to break a heart
It is not difficult
Anyone can do it
So could you, if you tried
Just find a light
And switch it off
As easy as blinking
~Emilie Autumn

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@vessel: i know how you feel. Just try and push threw how ever you can.
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
Human emotion is energy.
You cant always see it or hear it, but you can feel it.
Ever had deja vu?
Felt someone walk over your grave?
Ever felt someone behind you in an empty room?
Well there was. There always is.
A ghost.
~Torchwood

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 22:46:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I have felt this many times.
Which always makes me very confused when i wake up from having dreams of them.

I think i mostly missed the times before things got to a toxic point and having a lot of friends too which we could
talk about anything and everything.
i mostly only have..1-2 friends now. but i often do not socialize very much.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 10:11:47 )
My last post here made me gather enough courage (along w the other brave stuff I mentioned in other threads) to reach out to some old friends. I just wished them well/hoped they were doing good. I just wanted my approach to be simplistic; for them not to feel pressured to reply to convo starter/not feel pressured by time in general, and of course, they have no obligation to reply~
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 01:37:28 )
In a few words: not really.

I had a friend; when we were in high school together, he was okay, but as the years went on, he became pretty much racist AF, to the point where I didn't want to be around him. At this point, I haven't seen the guy in at least five years, and I don't want to, TBH.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.