Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 04:17:45 )

"And I'll make sure it's irreversible." Hazel promised as she stepped up to him.

"I refuse to live through that hell AGAIN." She then said before grabbing his hand.

"You're a phoenix. You're a Fyrane. Read my mana, my soul. You know there are more scars there than there were before." She said, her voice calmer, but still not quite the Hazel that was known.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 04:36:25 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was silent as that happened, and he couldn't deny the truth of what she'd said.

"I... but..." he stammered, as Ash approached.

"How?" he asked.

"Yes, there's more, but... but what do you mean that hell AGAIN?" he asked her.

"WHAT hell? What's this AGAIN?" he asked her.

"You were in a coma for the past while, surely it was nothing more than a nightmare, right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 04:40:48 )

".... no." Hazel said, her voice a lot more reserved than it had been before.

"I..." she started before sighing, heavily.

"I was sent to the future, my soul was, anyway." She told him before looking over to Ash.

"Just like you were, with Cecil." She added, which was definitely something she should have never known about. Even Lindsay wouldn't have any idea what the hell she was talking about.

"But... I was sent to the future, that's why I was in a coma. I saw the future, I saw what you're doing, what you will do... and Lindsay... it..." She just sighed to try and reign her emotions in.

"Lindsay... you lost your sanity... you went mad, and... and you draggged Kiah along with you. I refuse to allow you to do that again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 05:03:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash crossed his arms over his chest when Hazel addressed him and said what she did.

Lindsay, however, was looking more confused and frightened.

"But... I... that..." he stammered.

"How...? How is that... no, that can't be..." he stuttered, causing Ash to sigh.

"So stubborn." he mumbled.

"Do you think she's lying?" he asked his brother.

"N-no..." Lindsay replied.

"But... b-but this all sounds so farfetched..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 05:07:39 )

".... I know it does, Lindsay." Hazel said as she released his hand.

"Just... please. Where is your research. Let me destroy it, don't pursue it. I .... I think I'll be able to show you it while you sleep, but... but it'd be one hell of a night terror." She told him.

"It... I don't want to. I really don't, the entire collection of ---" She started before wincing.

"... I hate my mana, but..." She was silent before looking to Lindsay.

"You want to know, fine." She said before stepping up closer to him and bringing her hand sup to his temples.

"This will likely overload your brain and you might not be in good shape afterwards. You know how unpredictable my mana is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 05:29:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Wh-what?" Lindsay asked.

"Do it." Ash told her.

"Show him what you're talking about." he said further.

"Lindsay, simmer down and just let her do it." he then told his brother.

Lindsay was still really confused, but he was quite frightened right now, so he just did what he was told.

"All right, go ahead." Ash said to Hazel.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 05:31:37 )

Hazel was silent, took a deep breath to calm her own nerves before saying a quiet sorry to Lindsay as her fingertips touched his temples, instead of hovering right by them. Almost instantly, Lindsay felt a jolt through his skull, and Ash could see the black starting to spread from her black hand.

"I'm so sorry..." She said quietly, it wasn't hard to tell that she did not want to do this, at all. She had absolutely no interest in this, and had tried her hardest to avoid it. She didn't know if he would be all right after this.

and she was terrified of what it was that was going to happen nex.t

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 05:55:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

What happened next was that Lindsay was shown the future that Hazel had experienced, and at the end of it, when she pulled her hands back, he collapsed to his knees, a bit of a blank expression on his face.

Though that wasn't entirely true. There was one emotion he was showing; fear. Sheer unadulterated terror.

"....a...ah... a-ah..." he stuttered and stammered.

"Where's your research, brother?" Ash asked.

"...b...basement... Kiah's..." Lindsay managed to get out.

"And you have your answer." Ash told Hazel.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 05:59:03 )

"I'm so sorry, Lindsay."Hazel said before sighing.

"I need to go destroy that." Was the last thing she said before vanishing, figuring that Ash would take care of his brother for the moment.

She appeared outside of the house she was intending to be at and approached the backdoor, knocking. From what she could gather, Ilias had the day off, but if he wasn't home, it would make it a LOT easier for her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 06:22:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was just silent as Hazel left abruptly.

"Ah-ha." he said.

"Right." he muttered, before shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders.

"Wonder what he saw..." he said further, looking at Lindsay.

Meanwhile, after about 10 seconds, Ilias answered the door.

And looked to be utterly shocked.

"H-Hazel!?" he exclaimed.

"But... b-but I was just... I received a call that..." he went on, before shaking his head.

"Hazel's dead. Who are you?" he asked accusingly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 06:25:21 )

"... So be it." was all Hazel said.

"I need at your basement, all right?" She aske.d "Because let's just put it simply.... Kiah's messing with stuff she really should be - along with Lindsay, but I've already had a stern chat with him - so please don't fight me on this."

"Just... please. Don't fight me. I don't want to have to force my way in."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 06:45:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias narrowed his eyes.

"I don't take kindly to threats." he told her, as his snakes emerged from his hair. Even though they could tell it was her, they also smelled mana on her that they didn't associate with her.

That, combined with Ilias's defensive attitude, caused them to bare their fangs and hiss at her.

"I'll ask again, WHO ARE YOU?" he demanded.

"You take Hazel's shape, but Hazel died after being in a coma." he told her further.

"So reveal yourself and your intentions, before I see to it that we have a permanent new lawn ornament." he threatened.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 06:54:15 )

"Know what, Ilias? Good luck." Hazel stated with a shake of her head before just holdin a hand out.

"I really don't want to do this..." she muttered before just stepping up and trying to step past him. Ilias, of course, disagreed and just got more solidly into the doorframe so that she couldn't pass, and his snakes just snapped at her.

"Ilias... please." She practically begged him, sounding more like he knew her to, but also sounding extremely desperate.

"Leave. Now." Ilias insisted, his voice firm. Hazel just sighed before laying her hands on his shoulders, not seeming to care what it was that would come next. If his snakes bit her, she'd have time, and she knew it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 07:15:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias seemed to be very confused now. His snakes snapped at her warningly, but didn't harm her.

His confusion seemed to get the best of him, as he took a step back.

"...I..." he stammered.

"No... no, you're... you can't be..." he said further.

He was so distracted by his confusion, and was certain she was trying to (successfully) managing to manipulate him, that he tripped over a bunched-up rug and fell backwards, hitting his head on the floor and knocking him unconscious.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 07:21:36 )

Hazel just sighed before shakign her head.

"That wasn't waht I intended, but it works." She muttered before making her way downstairs. She looked around, found the door to where the research is, before trying it. When that didn't work, she just rolled her eyes.

"Of course it won't be that easy." she muttered. It took a bit, but eventually she managed to pick the lock and get into the room. As she looked around, she realised that there was plenty of papers for her to work through.

So ... she opted to be effective and tried to create the glass wall she had in the future dream, knowing that she needed to protect the house. She had every intention of burning everything in the room.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 07:43:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she tried to create the glass wall, she found it worked.

The entire room was encased in glass.

And Ilias was still out cold upstairs.

She had everything set, and she saw there were alchemy sets in there, too.

Everything was perfectly set for her to do this.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 07:47:44 )

Hazel just sighed lightly before heading over to the alchemy sets. She quickly mixed something that she knew was dangerous before waiting. As it started to spark, she used her new sandy mana to get out of the room, just as it ignited in flames, singing her hair. She wasn't quite quick enough for avoid that.

Once she had put the flame of her hair out, she made her way upstairs to check on Ilias again, knowing that the impact would not do well, most likely, and reasonably figuring she should at least make sure that he would survive that impact.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 08:07:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she got upstairs, he was still unconscious.

He didn't seem to be bleeding, though.

His snakes were still aware and awake, and seemed worried about him.

They looked at her and hissed, but didn't snap.

She was familiar, but different, so they were wary.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 08:12:32 )

Hazel made her way over to the downed man before sighing as she crouched down to check him over as best she could. She wasn't a medic, not by any means, but she knew that she had to do something at least. When she saw there was no blood though, it was at least not horrible, and it gave her at least a bit of hope. However, she didn't know how to pass the information on without seeming suspicious.

So, she did the only thing she could think of. She *67'd a call to Hal. When he answered, she made a wish.

"I wish someone would check on the males that are not working today." Was all she said before hanging up, making sure to try and disguise her voice, and finding that apparently her mana was able to do that. As that was canceled out with her hanging up, she also caused the glass walls downstairs to vanish.

Then she vanished from where she was, appearing in the entryway of the Unit, specifically where it was that she knew that people were supposed to appear. However, it wasn't graceful, and she ended up on her ass. Loudly.

"Dammit!" She exclaimed with that landing, before getting to her feet and making her way out of the small room, realising that she was probably heard. As she saw Jake though, she paused.

Ilias had said that he was told she was dead..... This might not go well.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 08:31:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked over towards her, and his tongue darted out slightly.

"Oh." he said.

"Hi, Hazel." he greeted her.

"Rough landing?" he asked, going back to his reading his paper again.

"Might want to clear up some info." he suggested.

"People think you're dead and gone."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.