Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:28:06 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

Also unrelated but I accidentally bought the wrong kind of phone grip (I wanted to swap out the design on my other one) so I stuck it on my Switch lite and... phone stand!!!

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:31:28 )

I don't think I'd be able to do any of the staff positions. Maybe items technician.. but I haven't really used Photoshop
I definitely can't do pixel art, and I know nothing about code. I'm not exceptionally good at writing either.

There's a reason the only staff positions I've ever held on a site were event staff for Kpop sites. All I had to do was come up with minigames and help with larger site events. No writing, coding, or art knowledge required. Any graphics needed for games were usually done by the graphic staff. Like once I did a board game and the graphics staff made the board for me based on my very rough design!

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:31:42 )
time to ruin everything...

OH YEAH NO don't worry we don't toss you right into the mix of things HAHA we def very hands on with training new pixelists and helping each other out c':

awful tho?? I'd have no chill if I saw that, totally uncalled for on their part

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:33:27 )

Well, I guess some writing was needed to come up with events and games that were more than just a minigame

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:33:53 )

But I wouldn't trust myself to write anything related to existing characters that need to be in character

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:34:34 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

I'm so glad y'all on staff are so kind and helpful :'D This is why Voltra's my fave avi site :3

Also yeah it was really bad, I ended up quitting after the last item I submitted there. Now it seems like the majority of other artists quit too? I checked it out of curiosity.

Also Starlight, I'm sure if you applied to be a writer you would get a bit of help irt characters :0

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:35:36 )

Yeah, Voltra staff all seem pretty friendly and helpful from what I've seen

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:36:49 )

I don't know. The thought of messing up characters someone else made stresses me out. I mean if it were that bad then I'm sure they wouldn't even let it be used, but that would make me feel bad too. I don't think that position is for me.

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:37:28 )

ahh I'm so glad to hear it o':

WILD THO? I don't blame you, that sounds SUPER toxic...

YEAH and as for writers, there's like, sooo many different types of writing 'tasks' so to speak, so if you don't wanna work with characters, stuff like thread/game planning for events is def something that can be a focus, or writing up announcements/surges, etc etc

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:38:13 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

@ghost: how much of a time commitment would it be ?? >0>
is there a way i can do stuff 1) wo a staff banner Lol 2) can i avoid anyone on staff learning anything irl abt me >_>

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:39:08 )

@Ouja Akuma: Hey I'm good. Sorry I wasn't around when you pinged me XD What about you?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:39:35 )

also not sure if the tea thread is the best place to ask this but asking on the announcement thread felt too intimidating lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:40:21 )

i've honestly thought about applying for staff but i know there are better artists out there than me ^^;;

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:41:46 )
*pops in to check the thread*

I sense the page is almost going to reach 600

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:42:33 )

i'm a little in and out rn but i bet we could hit the next page goal tn if we try :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:43:00 )
Hmmm..... Maybe? :o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:44:56 )
That sounds like a pleasant experience tbh :o

Even if I don't know what's for today's topic :viosweat:

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:46:33 )

DYING NAH that's okay I understand... both of those Vozzy would need to vouch on so I MIGHT be wrong BUT

1) I'm positive you can, we've had staff in the staff that request to be kinda 'incognito' (without a banner) so I don't think that would change?
2) yeah I'm pretty sure? we don't really need your personal deets

ALSO UHH... I mean depends on the role but again, not that much HAHA just that you help out when you have the time and ability c:
later.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:46:45 )

haha when u mentioned voice chat i was like oh no are ppl gonna know what i sound like >_> i do really like all the staff here though!
i wanna join the voltra discord but i can't figure out how to keep a separate irl account from my online account lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:47:29 )

Oh, those writing tasks might be okay. I have noticed errors in dates and such in announcements before.

Also, for the hidden object game I noticed this:
"Square: 6 Tea cups/pots
- Line: 6 Deserts
- Star: 1 Chess Board"

It says "deserts" when it should say "desserts". Also, there appears to be some inconsistent capitalization. Note how "Board" is capitalized but "cups/pots" is not. Also, I don't believe you need a space in the word chessboard.

I'm very good at proofreading. In school when we switched papers to correct mistakes, I would often make many corrections to the other student's paper. There was one time in particular where the guy whose paper I corrected looked quite surprised when I handed it back to him after making my corrections.

★~~Questing~~★

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.