Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 14:45:39 )

Eh county ordinances is a weird thing here. Wakulla and Leon blend together so much, iunno who's got what restrictions.

The cake is scheduled for a noon pick up, 'cause I didn't wanna get up too early XD. I bought a marbled bundt cake, entirely because of the bakery name being a pun. Nothing Bundt Cake, puns are life.

Dunno about the movies just yet. I picked some of the best shit movies in my collection.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 14:51:55 )
Oh - that's such a fun name for a bakery!! I don't blame you at all for getting a bundt cake! <3
Yeah, I know what you mean about the counties blending together - I'm in the Hillsborough/Pasco/Pinellas(/Polk/Manatee) area and it's impossible to keep the details between them straight, although I guess it doesn't really matter.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 14:55:06 )

Well there for a minute I was trying to get a Deadpool's ass cake. Because people kept calling the bundt cake a butt cake, but no one would do it. Apparently Publix doesn't do naughty cakes anymore. Well and they don't do copyrighted stuff. Like Deadpool. Which is a flubbing lie.

I made myself feel better by getting some sake, tequila, root beer schnapps, and uh some premixed thing.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 14:59:50 )
Uhhh... yeah... I seem to recall Publix doing all kinds of Disney characters, for example... but I also haven't ordered a cake like that from them in a number of years, so, maybe? LOL - I need to go there in a bit to get some food anyway - maybe I'll stop by the bakery XD

That's hilarious though... the butt bundt cake! XD
That's quite a mix of drinks... so far. o__0

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 15:01:24 )

Oh yeah, my friends haven't even bought their drinks yet. Though I think what I got is fine for those involved.
If it helps, the tequila is actually just those tiny 99 cent shot bottles.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 15:11:30 )
LOL. I'm not judging. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a good tequila ;) <3 I'm glad you're going to celebrate with your friends like this :3 So tell me more about your furry costume - you said a friend was working on it, but the last you mentioned it, you had the head and hands only, I think...? What else do you have for it now?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 15:57:29 )
Good Morning.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 17:36:23 )
@Koah: Oh good morning... afternoon... Koah. How are you today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 17:48:40 )
@Wildfire: Still morning here. :d I am okay. Our string of financial ouchies keeps going. and I think my spirit broke a bit last night. XD
I ran to the store last night to get something I ran out of. A Need.
and I came out of the store, which was less than 5 minutes, and someone parked next to my car, hit it, and left. OTL My beautiful pink baby. The drivers' side door got dented and the paint is scraped.
I feel defeated. No cameras, no notes. I got nothin'.
I moped around until 1 am.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 17:57:36 )
I might end up taking a small hiatus from Voltra for a few days while I get my life re-sorted.
I'm becoming depressed, not because of the site, but I'm not feeling productive for how financially in the hole we are/feel.
I'll feel better, hopefully, in a few days.
I don't wanna be a bummer in conversation here. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:13:19 )
@Koah: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your car! That really sucks! I don't understand how people can do that to somebody and not at least leave a note! I do understand if you need to take a break from Voltra, but don't worry about you becoming a conversational bummer here with me! *sends you hugs* <3

I didn't sleep well last night and am kind of just bobbing along, not being particularly productive, and being highly distracted today... :/

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:25:11 )
@Wildfire: I'm wishing I am the type of person to make money online since I'm at the computer all the time. But the ambition and skill to do so aren't in my interest. I just really feel useless at home lately, and it hit hard last night. I really can't think of any way to snap out of it at the moment.

lol, I know the feeling you described today pretty well.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:33:45 )
@Koah: Yeah, I know that feeling all too well, and on both counts. What do you really like to do? Is there something you're interested in doing or learning, maybe? If nothing else, learning something that is of interest to you might help you feel more productive.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:50:18 )
@Wildfire: I am a jack of trades with art. so I'm not great at anything in particular. I do everything.
I have a desire to carve, but I don't have the right tools to do so.
I finished a book last night, and the desire to read is paused because of the ending of that book.
To learn something new might cost me some money that I don't have.
OTL //le bummer here. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:59:30 )

@Wildfire: morning :3 or afternoon honestly at this point xD
i've been playing around with strawberry delight in the dressing room and buying too many commons lol
how are you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:28:34 )
@Koah: I understand! I do a little bit of everything too - sometimes it's hard to settle in to one thing (even if it's only temporary), and it always seems like the thing you really want to do requires some tool or material or something that you somehow don't have! XD I suggested learning something because there are a lot of free classes available online through edX, coursera, etc. if there was something you're interested in pursuing. Otherwise, I could come up with something for you to do that would help me out, that you could try your hand at, but my ability to pay you is pretty limited... but it would give you something to do! XD

I hate it when books do that to you :3 I'm sorry :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:31:18 )
@Vixen: hmmm... I don't think I have Strawberry Delight (do I? /makes weird face, trying to remember/)... uhhh... how goes the playtime? And it's far too easy to spend a lot of virtual currency on commons :3

I'm doing ok, thanks. I'm feeling a little "off" today from weird sleep and lunchtime sushi, which I don't think is agreeing with me too well for some reason. Otherwise, I'm doing ok, thanks... just kind of trudging along today...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:38:21 )

@Wildfire: it's the strawberry parfait and squirrel(??) looking item with the giant spoon
very cute food item that i really wish i had during the event xD
but i have it now and trying to get something together

aw hope you feel better soon!
perhaps a nap will help?

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:42:52 )
@Vixen: Oh! Yeah... I don't have that one. It is cute, from what I've seen of it and I'm sure you're having a lot of fun playing with it - I can't wait to see the result :3

Thank you. It's too late for a nap right now and I'm not that tired anyway -just a little off, really. I'm sure I'll be fine after a decent night's sleep. In the meantime, I can roll along with the afternoon, doing little bits of things that need doing here and there. Fortunately, there's nothing major on my to do list that must get done right now!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 21:34:56 )
@Wildfire: I have not heard of those class websites.
and I'm totally curious what you had in mind for 'something to do'. lol. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.