Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 19:01:03 )
@Vixen: It's hard to really balance out the avatars here, imo. There are several fun items and poses to play with, but they don't always work very well with others unless you keep a 'standard' leg pose, for example, in which case you lose the dynamic nature of using the leg poses... but there's little available to equip that seems to go well with them, and a lot of the backgrounds here (although wonderful) seem too busy to use all the time.

With your current avatar, you could go back to the standard legs and layer tights or something to bring the colors down more, but I know what you mean about them not taking up enough "space" to balance it out, overall. There may be another pose available that would work, but with that color scheme, it's likely to be tough... :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 19:27:59 )

@Wildfire: yeah i modified it with my usual chonky footwear, which balances better, but it lacks motion that the leg mod provided, as you mentioned.
idk which one i like more xD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 19:53:15 )
@Wildfire: I have heard of Cathy Duffy. She seems to be the "go-to" for the homeschool community.
Well then, I will use you. lol! I'm not quite to a point where I need help yet. There are only a few weeks left of this school year. [yay and oh no] I don't know how we'll keep a schedule in the summer. XD
That playdate I briefly told you about, the one where I ended up hanging out with a Christian homeschooling group, I noticed a few of the moms paying no attention to their children at the park. One kid was bullying another and the mom who was watching her son get bullied had to intervene. The mom that intervened showed signs of fear of confrontation because she didn't want to be kicked out of the group. =;= Such an interesting hierarchy.
It was the mom who put the group together, so I imagine she has a wonderful schedule but doesn't work on her kid's learning style.
lol! When my husband can't find something, he buys another. He sees it as a good thing, got spares that way.
I need to take recycle stuff to the recycle center but it's a big chore. And we're so low on money, we can't drive the truck for another week due to gas expense. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 20:11:55 )
@Vixen: It's not as dynamic, but it is better balanced this way, imo.

@Koah: ROFL - my husband is the same way (and me too, to some degree-out of necessity). I can't tell you how many hammers (for example) that we have around here........ somewhere.... maybe..... >_> XD

It may be different where you are, but there were/are SO MANY opportunities around here for extra classes, field trips, park days, social encounters, etc., etc., that it was impossible (and crazy) to try keeping up with them all, and if, by some miracle, you did, there would be no time for actually HOMEschooling because all you do is run around all day long! (but I'm also a big believer that although extracurricular activities are good, boredom has its own merit (and is very important)). I also found that some moms seemed much more interested in their own social interactions and sense of importance than in actually parenting their children (just like in any other group of people).

Ouch! That's pretty tight, financially! *Breathe*... you have definitely been hit with a bunch of stuff recently, but you'll get through this :3 <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 20:29:35 )

@Wildfire: yeah maybe i'll ask for a tea/plum/cherry leg mod xD
i have no idea what i'd use it for except with strawberry delight though

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 20:35:18 )
@Vixen: You could ask for more things using that color scheme...
Have you decided which version of this avatar you like best yet?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 20:46:11 )

@Wildfire: i like them both lol
this one is more balanced which i generally will rank higher
but the other one had nicer motion ;u;
so idk

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 20:49:30 )
@Vixen: Yeah, that is the question... but overall, I'd go with the more balanced option, even if it's more static.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 21:00:44 )

@Wildfire: yeah
and knowing me, i'll probably change it in a couple hours anyway xD
i'm trying another color palette with cherry/tea/bark/beige/blush
.... it is not going well lmao

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 21:28:15 )
@Vixen: Lol. There are certain combinations that are really hard to do here... At least without introducing yet another color to the experiment! Good luck with your latest trials!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 21:40:20 )

@Wildfire: haha thanks xD
yeah with the color combos.... i think 5 colors is generally too many, but because of which items have which specific palettes, i end up including more and more colors just to get a particular color i was intending to use

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 21:45:57 )
@Vixen: exactly.
So what's the update with your most recent experiment? Are you finding things without getting too crazy?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 23:40:03 )

@Wildfire: it ended up being to dark of an avatar and not enough contrast. part of it being i didn't have all the hair bits and i can't afford to buy them right now to try it out xD

i was trying to use the devil food cake legs, since it has tea shoes, but the frosting drip is candy, but the strawberry ears are more blush then candy and then i gave up lol
maybe i'll try another recolor of strawberry delight, but tea and cherry really is the prettiest combination in my eyes

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 00:09:05 )
@Vixen: I understand, and yes, that is usually a pretty combination. Maybe it's one of those things to set aside for a while and try again another time. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 00:15:34 )

@Wildfire: yeah i think i will xD
so aside from hearing about all my avatar making shenanigans, how has your day gone?

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 12:45:48 )
@Vixen: Oh my day was ok, thanks. It was a little weird - more time spent online doing things I wasn't expecting (like trying to sort through facebook marketplace on both the buying and selling end of things), but it's all good. And I sat in the sun for a little while while the birds make a racket at the feeders It was an unusual, but ok day. How was your day yesterday? Do you have anything going on today?

Good morning.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 14:57:38 )

Good morning everyone ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:02:50 )
@Purpsy: good morning. how are you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:04:39 )

@Wildfire: I'm doing good so far ^^
How's your day going?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:13:43 )
My day is ... distracted so far. And it's something that needs to change soon, given the stuff I need to get done today!

Do you have anything planned for the day?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.