Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:14:59 )
@Wildfire: yeah our finances took a hard hit which is why I had my little mental breakdown this week. I'm in better spirits now.
We got a late-night text from our old-old roommate from forever ago [he lived with us for a very long time] asking if we had a room we could rent him. We could/can. That would help boost our finances, but because he lived with us for years, we'll need some pretty straightforward rules. =o
My house might feel a bit cramped for a bit. <.< but our finances would level our for a while and we could catch up on bills, get the plumbing repaired.

Lol! When I was unpacking our storage unit, I found a lot of duplicates of things we bought when we couldn't get to the storage unit. omgosh! HAMMERS! I found like 4! while I was unpacking. XD
and I don't even know where One is right now. =3=

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:15:19 )
Good Morning! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:20:23 )

@Wildfire: Yep mostly laundry related but I'll be mostly relaxing today and avoid anything that require to lift heavy stuff as much as possible. I don't know why, but I woke up this morning and my right upper arm is very sore, I think it may be how I was holding some laundry bags incorrectly yesterday. Not sure :/

Well I hope you get a lot of stuff done today and if not, no worries :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:30:32 )
@Koah: yeah, that's understandable. That's good that you have an opportunity to rent a room and level finances a bit because of it!
What is it with hammers??!! XD

@Purpsy: It sounds like you have a relaxing day ahead of you - imposed by the sore arm, which I'm sorry to hear about. :(

*trots off to put together the compost bin* BBS

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:37:02 )

@Wildfire: Yep I'll be off too.
I think I'll have a small nap then get some stuff done around my apt afterwards.
See ya guys~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:40:25 )
@Purpsy: Ok Purpsy. I hope you get the rest and relaxation that you need :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:50:28 )
My son did school before I woke up again. Now he's done for today. XD

I think I'll head to the library later today. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to re-arrange bedrooms to make room for a new roommate.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:51:01 )
ROFL! I bought a compost bin. It was delivered. I opened the box and was going to assemble it, but instead of finding directions on how to put it together, there was a nice little post card there saying "let's save some trees - find our full instructions online!" ... so what am I now going to do? Yup... go to the site and (probably) PRINT OUT the instructions to reference, instead of endangering my phone while I'm outside, wrangling this thing together. But even going online to get the instructions turned out to be a pain because the link they gave requires "interpretation" or loads a "not found" page... so, we figured it out... eventually, but it was fun trying to decide whether the link was 01, Ol, 0L, or any other combination of zero, one, "L", or "O" because of the font they chose to use on the little card (<-- this triggers my marketing/art/usability background something fierce -lol!).

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:52:38 )
omgod! I know exactly how you feel right now. DX< We bought a printer awhile back that gave us instructions online. =3=
That's so ridiculious.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:53:46 )
@Koah: Oh, that's awesome that your son is so enthusiastic about his schooling! Congrats!
Rearranging bedrooms... not usually so much fun, but an understandable need given your new room-mate! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:56:25 )
And yes, it is things like this that kept me in a well-paying job (before kids and homeschooling)... because I would actually SEE stuff like this and make sure it was legible, understandable, etc., whereas it would have gotten by other people... too funny/frustrating.

Anyway, the thing snaps together pretty much like I was expecting it would (except for one or two little details that I'm glad I found in the online instructions), so I'm going to go see about putting this thing together now. BBS.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 16:19:23 )
Before I stayed home, I did well in retail management. XD I could delegate jobs, and make sales like a crazy person. My attention to detail is good in items, but I can't understand paper instructions to save my life. OTL for example, if I got a box from ikea with no picture instructions, I'd probably have a cry session before summoning my husband.

My son's schoolwork on Friday is mainly small quizzes to see if he retained the week's knowledge. Fridays are easy for him.

I'm not sure how soon I'll be re-arranging rooms, I need to lay down rules with my new/old roomie first. He's a great roommate but... [there's always a 'but' with rommates], he suffers from depression and a sleep disorder. So my husband is laying down the rules of health and help for him. We'll see if he agrees or not.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 17:40:53 )
@Koah: Oh, I hope he agrees to the house rules - it sounds like they'd be in his (but of course also your) best interests.

Ahhh... yes, Friday was usually our fun/fieldtrip/explore day (when the kids were little).

LOL - all our little quirks, all our little differences are amazing, aren't they? I love that about people!

The compost bin is pretty much set up. I had to dig a hole and level out the area I want to put it. I hate digging around/through tree roots!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 18:57:03 )

@Wildfire: yesterday was decent; i was editing my website themes and trying to move articles around.... apparently that host service didn't like that i was moving 100 articles around, thought i was ddos-ing them, and stopped letting do things xD so i have to wait a bit for the time to pass so they don't think i'm scripting on them lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 23:29:44 )
@Vixen: Oh! LOL! They're looking out for you... but not. XD And ya gotta love how there's no real way to contact people at the hosting company and go "it's me, rearranging things... really!" I hope you get everything done :3

I have been working pretty nonstop all day. It has been a good, productive day, but (as I'm now starting to really notice) physically demanding and exhausting...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 01:08:03 )
@Wildfire: I'm glad you've had a good day and I hope you can relax soon. <3
I had a comfortably lazy day. I relaxed, I'm re-reading a favorite book and just.. generally in a good mood. I didn't get much done. but, my brain feels better today. :3
Yay for a mental health day.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 02:28:06 )

@Wildfire: Thanks! :3 I hope your having a great day so far as well~
We're having a heat warning right now. Is very hot and humid atm help TwT

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 13:19:08 )
@Koah: Thanks. I relaxed a bit last night, but didn't sleep well.
I'm glad you had a good day and are feeling so much better! <3 It's important to take care of yourself, and I'm glad you took the opportunity to do so :3

@Purpsy: Heat warnings where you are... and it's supposed to be "cold" here this coming week! :3 It has been warm here the last couple of days, but the humidity hasn't been horrid, fortunately.

Also, good morning :3 (<---- I could seriously use the tiramisu right now! The coffee I already have...)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 17:40:01 )

@Wildfire: yeah i'm able to post things now, but my ability to schedule posts seems to be not back yet still xD

hope you got lots of rest! what are you up to for today?

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 18:29:33 )

@Wildfire: I honestly want some tiramisu too, one that's straight fresh out of the fridge =q=
Yikes we switch climates then xD Is going to be another humid day here but is gonna rain a bit later though.
Thank god

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.