Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 03:28:48 )
@wildfire: Probably not, unless they have an option to make your own item sometime:) that would be cool. I am great ! just got a Refrigerator to store my flowers and greens for a floral business im starting. Now i have to figure out what my mothersday menu is going to be :) i should probably get working on that right now :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 13:12:09 )
@lordvoldemort1993: Oh! That's cool that you're starting your own flower shop cafe! Have you been working with flowers or food for long?

@Ava: Awwww, the hamster gets her own show! :3 I'm sure that livestream will go over well - cute pets usually seem to! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 15:01:30 )
@Ava: I'm glad it worked out well for you, even if you didn't make a lot of progress towards your quota. You're still learning what works and stuff with this new job, right? Next time, Pea can shine and you'll remember to ask for gifts a little more often... and you'll have fun doing your stream! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 12:22:45 )
@Ava: I suspect that with all the lockdowns people are looking to connect with others in ways that they might not have needed or been looking for previously - a simple conversation with "somebody new" (that they haven't been locked in a house with for the last year+) is a wonderful thing for some of these folks. Likewise when it comes to sharing a simple talent or interest. Keep trying new things - you'll get the hang of the details soon enough! :3 <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 16:17:36 )
@Wildfire: Looks like it's time to switch back to the regular hangout. c: Event is closing. :d

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 18:11:01 )
@Koah: I saw that! Yes, it's definitely time to switch back to this hangout. The other one was fun while it lasted (almost 60pages!!!) but it's time to return.

How are you doing? I saw your post in the other thread about another financial hit :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 18:55:36 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, I'm doing better now. My morning started strong. Now I'm like slugging around. I made guacamole as a snack and I'm still drinkin' coffee. lol
I just researched all the different ways to grow avocado seeds. o3o I might experiment some. I'm curious.
My son is happy because he finished his school and chores. Now he can play video games in my room [which has the newer console and more games].
How are you doing today?

Also, Your thread almost hitting 60 pages is amazing! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 19:04:40 )
@Koah: Strong mornings are good, and it sounds like you and your son are both enjoying the benefits of having a strong morning :3 We have an avocado "tree" that we started from a seed when the kids were little. It's a weird little thing. It's about 7' tall now and it has never flowered or done much - it's still scraggly. I'm not sure if it's where it's planted or if it needs something other than what it's getting, but it's there. I was expecting it to die, actually, a long time ago. But growing one is one of those "gotta try it when the kids are little" type things - kind of like make-it-yourself volcanoes in the back yard with baking soda and vinegar and the inevitable dinosaurs and archeology digs XD

Yes, that thread had a good run. I should probably have done something to celebrate the different page benchmarks but I had other things on my mind :3

I'm doing ok, thanks. It is gorgeous out there today - very low humidity and about 80*F. I was thinking about tackling my side garden, but it's in full sun and we are getting at the hottest point of the day now. I still might go and do something with it. I should probably at least weed whack the bugger and dump/collect my sweet potatoes...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 19:23:49 )
@Wildfire: wow. 7' tall avocado tree? =O I always read comments/reviews online, people who comment on those videos "If you are going to do this, don't expect flowers/buds/avocados Anytime soon."
speaking of buds, my lively raspberry plant, which is only 1 or 2 feet tall has one single bud on it. Which will turn into a single raspberry. and I Cannot wait to eat it. c: I got a raspberry stem/stick a few months ago and potted it [an unusual and not correct way to plant berries]. I just don't want to commit a section of my yard yet to raspberries. They're Wild growers.

Your event thread was casual and super relaxing, it flowed beautifully even without page prizes n' whatnot. <3

That's a good idea, I want to go outside today too. however, if I go outside, I might go full-rage on the plants I'm allergic to and be on bed rest for a couple of days. XD
I know what I'm allergic to and it's EVERYWHERE -shakes fist at the Holly berry bushes/shrubs-

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 21:04:28 )
@Koah: we did this experiment with the avocado seed probably 10 years ago...

Oh! Raspberries are wonderful though... but yeah... once you plant them, you're committed, like it or not! Kind of like with morning glories, or those purple heart plants. When it's ready to eat, I'm sure that will be the best raspberry ever! <3 XD

You know there are plenty of other things you can do outside without going gangbusters on the holly or anything else you're allergic to, riiiiight? We had holly bushes around the front of our house several years ago but pulled them out because they had some kind of fungus or something that nobody could identify, we didn't have the patience to deal with (more than we did), and was making the whole thing look scruffy.

I weed whacked about half the garden and dumped the bins with my sweet potatoes. I have a sink full of potatoes right now, but surprisingly, not as many as I was expecting. Weird.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 22:58:31 )
@Ava: Hey Ava! I'm getting ready to cook dinner, but my day was pretty good, overall, thanks. How is your day going? Did you enjoy the event?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 04:48:53 )

@Wildfire: Yep seasonal changes ain't pretty, I'm honestly used to it now but to someone who just moved here and lived in a different climate before will be tough for them. I remember my first winter here, I wore those very thicc snowpants at first because I was born in a tropical climate and never seen snow ever until I moved here. It took some time getting used to the cold.

And yes that's something I learn the hard way but is something I'm working on at the moment. Is still not easy to set boundaries to certain people but at least I can say no now when it's needed :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 04:49:25 )

Oh well back to here again ^^
The event was a blast~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 16:12:22 )
@Purpsy: You and I are opposite with native climates versus current climates. It does take some getting used to, doesn't it?
Everything in life is a process; I'm glad you've been able to set boundaries where before, maybe you couldn't. :3 <3
Yes, the event was definitely fun... and it's back to the regular hang-out now!

@Ava: Dinner last night was chicken satay with saag and a cauliflower rice/veggies, and a sliced tomato. It was very yummy :3 Confrontation is never much fun, and I don't know any mentally healthy person who's "good" at it. I'm sorry to hear that was part of your day *hugs* I'm not sure how weird you are, though - you seem pretty normal to me ;) I'm glad you enjoyed the event - it was a lot of fun!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 16:15:16 )
...I slept in a little bit this morning, which I needed (but I also stayed up later than usual too XD )...

Good morning, everyone!

*puts out yummies for breakfast/brunch*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 17:06:32 )

@Wildfire: I definitely didn't have boundaries, I was an extreme pushover before my dad opened my eyes of it later. Not gonna lie I had a resentment arc right after TwT Yep I think if I visit my home country now I won't get used to the warm weather there anymore... prob will get a tan lol. I can't even survive on humid weather here in the summer funny how that is reversed now lmao xD

Good afternoon~
I had to sleep in too because my lovely period decided to start this weekend and disrupt my sleep =w=; But I will take these:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 19:03:34 )
@Purpsy: isn't the human body amazing in its adaptability? <3
I'm sorry your period is messing with you. I hope you feel better soon.

I was outside dealing with the rest of the side garden. I am calling an end to 'The Great Sweet Potato Hunt' for right now :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 22:06:57 )

@Wildfire: Yup...our bodies is quite interesting =w=
Sigh yeah... is making me feel very sensitive today tbh but I'll be okay.

Well I'm done drawing for now, might work on it later.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 00:01:11 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I hear ya. <3
What are you working on with your drawing today?

@Ava: LOL! <3 If you weren't across the country, you could definitely come to dinner! I could show you photos if you like (not as weird as it sounds - it's an easy way for me to track what I'm eating. I'm not in the habit of posting photos of my food, but I have them if you're that curious - lol!)

Yes, I definitely think you're normal and I completely get what you're saying - I'm an ambivert by nature (a bit introverted but also extroverted. I think I cycle through periods where I'm more one or the other, and part of it depends on what I'm working on or doing at the time. If I'm focused on artwork, I tend to be more introverted, and I think I'm naturally more introverted) ANYWAY, that was a bit of a babble /oops/ The bottom line is that I understand. It's good that people want to hang out with you and such, but you need to protect your own energy levels too, so I hope you're saying "no" when you need to! :3 The true extroverts might not fully understand, but most people seem to get it... at least in my experience. I'm so glad everything is going well for you!! (it does sound like it could be a lot, though).

I'm glad you got a full set of the event items too. Did you get them by doing the storyline mini-games or by earning enough sugar cubes?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 00:19:27 )

@Wildfire: Is a redraw of an old drawing back in 2018.
My art style has changed a lot since then wew

How's your day going?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.