Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 20:45:31 )

@Wildfire: Sounds like a pretty nice day ^^
My day is going well. I had a solid 2 hours of drawing and I'm taking a mini break before I do laundry.
It feels like my long drawing burnout is ending and feel motivated to draw something again~

Tbh... the older I get the more conscious I am of it and birthdays in general just hits harder for me. Is weird 'cause most days I don't feel like my own age but like an angsty teenager lmao

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 20:51:08 )
@Purpsy: Oh, I'm so glad that your creative burnout and block is at its end! It's something I'm still dealing with.
LOL - my age has never bothered me - I tend to believe that age is just a number and that you are as old as you believe yourself to be, but (as your birthday reminded me - I have another one coming up soon) there's something about this past year that has been making me feel old. I'm not real happy with it, tbh. Angsty teenager with a little "adult" is not a bad thing, IMO...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 21:18:56 )

@Wildfire: That's a nice way to think about it ^^
I think being stuck at home all year can play a big part of that... As someone who's already heavily introverted to begin with, the lockdown was still hard for me too. I think knowing the fact you are limited to go out often still even screws me mentally unlike before when we always have the choice to out whenever time we want.

Lol! Yeah I've known a couple of people who feels the same way as well xD
I think people just grown mature mentally at their own pace in my case when I'm much much older lmao

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 21:26:29 )
@Purpsy: Yes, this covid lockdown stuff has messed with us in a number of ways and our sense of time is one of the ways. Maturity is over-rated - LOL! XD ... and I do believe that you can be mature while still retaining your childish and playful nature. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 21:43:54 )

@Wildfire: Mhm definitely :3
I will be forever an angsty teen in my mind~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 21:48:53 )
@Purpsy: LOL. It's amazing how much we both change and yet don't over time, isn't it? I still feel like the same person as I was as a teenager (or even as a child) too... just maybe with more experience under my belt XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 21:49:20 )
*w0000000t!* Page 300!!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 21:56:28 )

@Wildfire: Ikr! We're just a bit wiser and just been through a lot and leveled up more in life.
Sometimes I just imagine life as a video game and we're no longer newbies...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 21:57:50 )
@Purpsy: That's a good way of looking at it!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 21:58:14 )

Wahoo!
Road to 400 now let's guuuuu

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 22:04:36 )
LOL! <3 I wonder how long it will take to get the next 100 pages

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 22:07:36 )

I would give it... a month or two or so o3o
Like is already an achievement to hit 300 already since idk when this hangout started

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 22:10:53 )
Well, according to my first post, it was 6 months ago ( 2020/09/24 13:11:31), so if we stay at the same pace, it should be a couple of months, but yes, maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get those pages sooner rather than later :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 22:23:28 )

wooow o.o
let's hit 1k by the end of the year rip xDD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 22:25:33 )
@Purpsy: That sounds like an awesome goal, actually! I should probably do some marketing and promise awards/rewards - lol! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 22:32:20 )

@Wildfire: Ooh like giveaways and such?
That's a good idea ^^

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 22:36:42 )
@Purpsy: Yeah.I should start accumulating things to offer as prizes... which is something I don't usually do (I don't usually buy or keep more than what I use personally)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 23:21:57 )
@Ava: That's understandable. How much I cook each day depends on the day, really. Usually, people are responsible for their own breakfasts, and usually their lunches, and I'll do a solid dinner for everyone. But sometimes I'll do something like I did today and cook a late lunch / early dinner... which today was a kind of shredded chicken taco/burrito/bowl with rice, pinto beans, and veggies. I also made the homemade applesauce (which came out great), and a cucumber + tomato salad.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 00:12:58 )
@Ava: oh, applesauce is really easy to make and it's so customizable! The basic recipe is to toss chopped apples in a pot with a little water (1/2 cup maybe for perhaps 3# apples), sugar (to taste) a little lemon juice, a touch of salt, cinnamon (or cinnamon stick, and some cloves. Bring it to a simmer and let it cook, covered, and stirring occasionally, until soft. I don't bother peeling the apples, but you can certainly do that if you want (I do core them). And of course, there are recipes available online if you want more specific directions, but it's a really forgiving recipe.

Rice and dumplings sound wonderful too!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 02:34:12 )

@Aisukohi: gaming for hours has been my escape lately xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.