Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 18:40:47 )
@Wildfire: I am the black sheep of my family. lol. Everyone else eats when they're stressed. Which is pretty much consistent all the time since my family doesn't know how to turn their stress down.
I feel an ounce of stress and I forget to eat. I am the most laid-back member of my family. XD
My mom lives off of stress, and I see she eats a lot because she burns so much energy. Then she complains she's fat, [which isn't true]. Then she turns around and tells me I'm lazy. Gosh, I'm so glad I'm an adult and don't live with her anymore. lol!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:15:23 )
@Koah: LOL! I'm the black sheep of my family too, and I am by far the most laid back, self-secure (confident), etc. But stress still affects me and it has been years, really, since I have been able to just chill out and really process through the cumulative effect of those stressful waves of Life. When I was younger I would forget to eat when stressed too, but it was different then, somehow. Also, I think raising the kids all these years has reset my focus to being much more family- and food-oriented, since I was with the kids 90% of the time and I did try to make sure they had good, healthy meals all the time (instead of "winging it", which so many people seem to do (no judgement; just observation & personal choices)). *shrug*

And yes, what is it with parents? My mom was giving me a contradictory earful the other day too... all while telling me basically to "shut up and listen" to her "diagnosis" of my younger son (who was the topic of this particular conversation).... instead of having an actual conversation concerning him and listening to my perceptions and understanding of him and what's going on. Sheesh! It makes me wonder what messages I have inadvertently given my kids, but omg, I've tried not to impact them or run them over with opinions like she tends to do...

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:23:48 )
@Wildfire: gosh i would die if i need to look while my loveley sunshine learns her lessons the hard way ;A; why are the own Kids so precious... well all Kids are precious! Luckily Milli sleeps alot, at that point she is just like me. In all other ways seh is like her Daddy xD she is skinny and underweight but she eats like an adult.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:31:25 )
@Miss Sandman: She's growing in a ton of different ways and needs all the calories and the sleep! <3 I'm sure her weight and eating and sleeping will all balance out over time. She sounds really precious! <3 I miss having little ones sometimes - things were so much simpler when their mistakes could be fixed with a hug and a kiss!

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:42:04 )
@Wildfire: oh maybe she has her tantrums but i never ever would Change her for an other child I just enjoy the site sie is in now! Iam scared of the Time she dont want to hug and Kiss me anymore D: how do older Kids show theyre Love?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:48:57 )
@Miss Sandman: Enjoy each and every stage of her growth! Not all of them are easy to deal with sometimes (while you're in the middle of it or getting used to a new stage), but they are still all amazing and interesting to see! Older kids show their love differently, and it depends on their environment and their personalities, IMO. My kids, now that they are young adults, still show their affection to me with hugs (although far fewer of them) and with each other by insulting each other when they're in the same room (it's hilarious, but really rude if you're not In on the Joke).

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:53:34 )
@Wildfire: i will do!!! I hope she will never have the feeling that she is unwanted and useless. I got this feeling far to often as a kid and want to do better. I think i still want her hugs if iam an old prune xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 20:08:14 )
@Miss Sandman: Just choose your words well when you speak to her. If you're pretty self-aware, that will come across in how you interact with her over the years and through the different stages. No parent is perfect, but we can at least try to develop good humans and give them self-confidence in their own abilities. I'm sure she'll love you no matter what :3 ... and you are a long, long way away from being an old prune!! XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 20:23:59 )
@Wildfire: I've opted against talking to my mom when I'm needing to vent. I only call her now when good things are happening, which I think, annoys her.
When I vented about my husband's family or my kids, she always amplifies my problems back at me and it feels so much worse by the end of the talk.
I luckily have a couple of good friends that don't mind hearing about my problems occasionaly.
When my son was an infant, my mom kept trying to prepare me for 'the eventual news, that he has autism'. He doesn't. He was just a super particle baby/toddler. He's grown out of that and he acts like his dad now.
But boy, I was stressed, kept thinking my life was about to be turned upside down anytime I brought him to a check-up.
/
I'm one of those "wingin' it" food types of people. lol!
I am trying to get better at meal planning, but anytime I try, I burn out and then go 2 steps backward. I really dislike being in the kitchen. It was my mom's happy place and we always left her alone in the kitchen. There wasn't a whole lot of kitchen exposure for me growing up. [not a good excuse lol]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 20:41:45 )
@Koah: My mom can be very hit-or-miss. She can be supportive, but she definitely has her own perception of things (with no room for interpretation or even discussion /eyeroll/), and right now, she's trying to 'diagnose' my son with some learning/nervous system dysfunction when really, he just needs to sleep and stop being so protective and guarded with us about what he's doing (He's trying to assert his adulthood and trying to avoid perceived criticism of his decisions (i.e. suggestions/help/experience, which he wants/doesn't want)). I'm amazed I am as sane and well-adjusted as I am, tbh (but that's mostly due to my own growth, away from my family)! It sounds like our moms are cut of similar cloth... although I didn't get the "autism preparation speech", over the years my mom was periodically convinced my kids suffered from something diagnosable and kept trying to get me to get them evaluated for something or another, when whatever they were going through was a phase, or a growth spurt, or something completely reasonable and which worked itself out over time. I try not to talk to her about intense things any more because like you, I refuse to play that game with her, but since my son crashed at her place a couple times last week, it was pretty much inevitable...

Cooking is easy but it takes some time and trial and error (like everything else). I never bothered spending much time in the kitchen until I had my kids. It's just a matter of choices and priorities. I have been doing more 'winging it' lately too...

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 20:55:02 )
@Wildfire: Yeah i do. I learned the Job of an caregiver for kids some years..... I know Kids need to get dirty and experience as much as they can. But sometimes even i get triggered easily and i hate myself for. I know but Time flies dear! :)
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 21:03:50 )
@Wildfire: Hopefully your son is just in that beginning phase of adulthood. 'rebel against what you know' kind of thing.
I did something similar at 18. Got hitched quickly, dropped out of school, moved in with my new husband. [all these things were super frowned upon on both sides of my family]. Luckily my mom housed me when my husband had to deploy overseas. That's when my passive-self broke and I realized my mom really nurtured me to be passive and unbothered by anything. Once I broke my mold, she and I fought like cats and dogs.
Anyhow,
I don't imagine he'll be that crazy.
I'm mentally preparing for whatever my two kiddos will do to me in 12 years. =3="

Also, It's good that he crashed at your mom's. At least that's a safe place to be instead of someone's garage.. or couch or something.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 21:17:58 )
I'm disappearing to the store for a bit. <33
I might not be online again tonight.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 05:28:02 )
    @Ava: sometimes you might try out for one role and get another, or so i've heard about castings. so maybe you might be chosen to audition for a role you're more comfortable with! or you might be able to audition with them later for another role you like better. but yeah it's a good thing you worked hard on this audition and it will definitely pay off in some way! good luck, i hope you land the kind of role you want!

also your avatar is so cute.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 14:08:55 )

@Wildfire: all things considered yeah. ^^

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 15:50:29 )
@Miss Sandman: Yup - kids definitely need to get dirty and play hard and learn their own lessons. And if you know yourself well enough to realize when you get triggered by your own past, and can at least explain that to her, it should teach her self-awareness and the idea of 'doing the best you can', regardless. I'm sure you'll be fine. Lots of lessons are ahead, as well as lots of Joys. <3

@Koah: Yes, that's some of it. He's finding himself; something I too "get" and actually encourage. But it doesn't need to be this sudden, or extreme. It was like a lightswitch - very little transition or preparation :(

@Ava: Kuddos to you for trying out for a role that you're not comfortable with!! That takes guts <3
Dinner was steak and spinach and cauliflower, and apparently I should have made rice or something too because everyone was snacking after the fact! XD

@Whimsy: Good morning.

@Shadami: Well, it's good to see you posting around again! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 15:53:19 )
Good morning everyone.
What's on your radar for the day?

I slept late this morning, but that's partly because I was up and awake for a few hours in the middle of the night again, which is never much fun. So that's going to mess up my day a bit, especially since I feel like I could (and probably should) still be sleeping, although in total I managed to get 9hours or so of sleep. It's weird. Beyond that, it will probably be a cooking, cleaning, and laundry day here. Gee, I can't wait /sarcasm.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 17:26:46 )

Is my birthday today! And I have done absolutely nothing so far but watch anime and had some instant noodles xD
I was awake last night too because I passed out too early and woke up around 2 x.x
Went back to sleep around 7...

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 17:44:29 )
@Purpsy:
Oh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night, but it sounds like you're having a low-key and relaxing birthday! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 17:46:11 )
@purpsy: I kinda did the same thing last night... I fell asleep around 10:30, then was awake from about 4am until 7am, and slept again from 7-10:30am. I hate it when that happens - it messes everything up!! :(
Hopefully we'll both get some good solid sleep tonight :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.