Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 16:21:25 )
Hello everyone. I think your art is wonderful, Shadami.
- [ York ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 16:24:15 )

I learned that I still have no idea how to shade faces without references x.X I don't know why I struggle with faces so much.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 16:26:01 )
Hmm, I'm not one familiar with art and the creation of it, but I think you could potentially find some tutorials online for shading faces. I'm not an artist, though, so I'm unsure if it would be of any help. I could ask my friend if he has any recommendations for shading faces.
- [ York ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 16:57:42 )

I think my problem is i still try to leave the details even when it's shaded on that side. But I don't know. It's crazy how bad i am at faces xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:02:18 )
I think you're pretty good with faces! It takes practice to get better, much like any other technical skill - perhaps you could try again, and see how it turns out.
- [ York ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:03:51 )

I really hated it though. xD haha i scrapped it and started something new with the hues. I just have no idea what i want to draw at all. I'm gonna end up just drawing a pokemon cause i have no idea what to do. haha

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:06:45 )
I liked your art, if it's any reassurance.
What Pokemon are you going to draw?
- [ York ]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:11:21 )
@selenite: Hi York. How are you today?

@Shadami: ...because faces are difficult? I still struggle with them too.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:12:26 )
@Wildfire: I'm doing good, thank you. I enjoy your avatar a lot! Very mystical.
How are you doing, Wildfire?
- [ York ]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:15:35 )
@selenite: Thank you.
I'm doing well, thanks. What are you up to today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:22:09 )
@Wildfire: Passing time, mostly. Today's uneventful for the most part, aside from trying to arrange to drop a cat off to the shelter. A bit difficult to find one that is both nearby and open on a Sunday.
- [ York ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:29:00 )

i drew another random thing instead. xD

But the color palette might make a good mimikyu? or simple joltik or something.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:34:24 )
@selenite: Yes, I bet that would be difficult combination to try arranging. :3 Is this a new kitty that needs a home?

@Shadami: I'm glad you're continuing to draw and experiment! I had to look up your pokemon, but yes, it would seem that the palette would suit either

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:36:39 )
@Wildfire: This is sort of new kitty. One of our cats is injured and we can't afford to take him to a veterinarian, apparently. The cat in question was probably mentioned by other alters in my system - he was a stray that we took in.
- [ York ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:38:17 )

Pretty much everything i draw feels like an experiment haha. I'm always trying new things and trying to improve. when I'm just sketchbook drawing i mean.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:41:00 )
@selenite: Yes, I think somebody did mention him. I'm sorry - that's got to be a tough thing to be dealing with. :(

@Shadami: That's what sketchbooks are for!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:42:21 )
@Wildfire: That is why I'm here, if I'm honest. Sebastián can't handle the notion, so I'll be dealing with this for him. It doesn't bother me too much, honestly.
- [ York ]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:47:37 )
@selenite: It's good that you are able to help out with this situation, York. I really hope you get it all resolved quickly and relatively painlessly!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:51:04 )
@Wildfire: Tomorrow, a shelter nearby opens - I'll be calling to ask if they take cats like him. The problem is, I'm unsure of what to do with the injured cat in question until then.
The cat has a broken toe according to my friend, and my friend's grandfather insists it's alright to wrap it.. he isn't a medical professional for animals though, so I'm not sure it's the best decision.

- [ York ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:54:10 )

I've been getting more into my sketchbook lately. I kind of wish I could share it. but my camera isn't set up for filming it really well. i don't have a rig for a straight down at the desk angle. Something I want to work on.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.