Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 04:27:14 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: I hope so too! It'd do me good to socialize with people IRL >w>;

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 04:27:52 )

I'm making an avi in preparation of Dia de Muertos tomorrow and it's a liiiittle hard considering there's not much face-paint type stuff that layers together >w>

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 04:32:19 )
@0v7: Most of us these days would benefit from some real social interaction, IMO. And I can't wait to see what you come up with for Day of the Dead!! ... but right now, I'm going to call it a night and go offline (although I'm a little wired for some reason). Nice chatting with you, as always.

Happy Halloween

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 04:32:53 )

@Wildfire: Gnight!! Hope you sleep well :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 04:57:51 )

OMG I HATE IT T.T

this art is awwwwwful

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 13:59:16 )
@0v7: Thank you.

@Shadami: Uuuuhh??

Good morning!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 14:05:19 )

@Wildfire: Good morning!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 14:42:27 )
@0v7: Well don't you look festive!
How are you this morning?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 14:44:51 )

@Wildfire: Kind of bad, honestly. I don't want to go into details, but I'm not doing great.
How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 14:50:22 )
@0v7: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! (& don't worry - no details needed!)

I'm doing ok today so far, all things considered. I'm still waking up, drinking my caffeine, but I have a sweet potato cooking (breakfast) and I'm just enjoying this period before having to "adult" LOL!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 14:58:32 )

@Wildfire: I actually got some decent looking decaf coffee - might make some this morning... though, I don't want to interact with my grandpa right now, so I'm going to wait till I cool off first.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 15:01:44 )
@0v7: Oh, the decaf coffee might be a nice treat for you! I hope you like it.
So what did you decide were your plans for today?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 15:02:52 )

@Wildfire: I'm planning on starting the process of making pan de muerto, watching movies with my best friend sometime today, sugar skull makeup... maybe I'll do other things, but rn my brain is frazzled >w>;
How about you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 15:08:19 )
@0v7: pan del muerto = bread of the dead? (sorry - Spanish is not a language I'm overly familiar with; nor are Day of the Dead festivities, unfortunately). It sounds like you have some nice things planned!

I ... have to clean up the house, do some cooking and meal prep stuff. I'm hoping to get in to my studio at least for a little bit. Otherwise, I'm not sure

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 15:11:48 )

@Wildfire: Yep! Bread of the dead - it's a sweet bread flavored with orange, and it's soooo good. I'm definitely taking a "cheat" day from my low-cholesterol diet to have some today ehehehe

What're you gonna prep meal-wise? Hopefully you can get studio time in today!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 15:20:13 )
@0v7: Oh, that does sound yummy! Is it part of an offering/homage to the dead, or just for the living to enjoy and remember what life is about?

Cooking...oh, let's see... I need to do something with the rainbow chard that's in the fridge, as well as some cauliflower rice. These will probably become some kind of "salad" or stirfry jumble. I have one too many spaghetti squashes and really should use at least one of them soon. There's some meat that I'll probably make for dinner, and I'm probably going to make a pumpkin and sweet potato soup. Unless I find things that need to be used sooner than what I'm thinking...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 15:43:17 )

@Wildfire: the art was in the spoiler xD the art I went off to do to try to get recentered.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 15:44:37 )
@Shadami: I didn't see a spoiler tag, or art. :(
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, though

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 15:46:40 )

Here. It was at the very bottom of my post. My brain just died when I tried to work with just three shades.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 16:11:05 )
@Shadami: Oh! It was completely hiding (in plain sight) on me! Sorry about that. Limiting your palette can definitely introduce challenges that you weren't expecting - but the art itself isn't bad, and I'm willing to bet that you learned something from doing it, even if it wasn't necessarily what you were hoping to accomplish.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.