Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 19:57:08 )
@icedchai: HAHAHA I relate completely. I've spent the last 2 years going "I need to get my hair back to my favorite look" but I haven't. I bought the dye to do it. But I think, now that i'm so close, that I want to hire a professional. lol. My hair is a lot longer than it was 2 years ago.

@Shadami: Your memory is pretty good. I'm glad the 4 & 4 hours method works for you. It works well with my husband too. He sleeps 3-4 hours after work sometimes. You sound so DIY crafty! I'm not that ambitious, although I occasionally do projects. I think I'm going to do a sewing project today. After I clean the kitchen.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 19:58:28 )
@Koah: cheap shelving works - especially if you stick it in the garage or something. Half of our garage is that type of shelving and it does help on the organizational front. Most of the time.

@0v7: ROFL - I definitely wish you could buy like half a box of dye/bleach (overall, my hair is shorter than yours... it's almost as short in the areas you showed us and I don't have the bun on top ;) )

As far as the "edgy" look goes, I really don't think it matters. Age isn't and shouldn't be a consideration. If you want to do it, then do it. If it helps express who you are, then do it. You're not here to please everyone else or to pass whatever arbitrary judgements they might try to pass on you. (of course, this attitude is partly why my hair is so short and why I've dyed it various colors (blue, purple, etc.) over the years. And yes, I'm older than you :P )

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 20:07:40 )
@Shadami: Yes, I need big bins right now - places to dump things, but still be able to move them around as I continue with the sorting process. I see a garage sale in my future... but with covid, are people even still doing them? How does that work these days? Ironically, we have some of the smaller bins running around here that we're not using. It's good that you're making your own though.

@icedchai: Just do something - I like both the options you're considering, and besides - if you don't like it, you can always redye it! :3

I made chili. I'm surprised my boys haven't devoured it yet.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 20:26:10 )
I want rainbow hair. But I don’t want to put time, or effort, or money into it.
So I still have dull mousy brown hair

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 20:36:53 )
@Lina: rainbow hair would be cool to have, but I get ya on the time, money and effort part of it!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 20:43:04 )

my hair doesn't keep dyes T.T

so my friend bought me a rainbow wig... and i can't figure out how to wear it properly without looking silly xD hahahaha

I'm diy crafty but not to any kind of professional level. haha. Just learned how to tackle problems in different ways to make do with what I've got. ^-^It's amazing how much can be solved with duct tape. LOL

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 20:46:16 )
Duct tape can be absolutely amazing!
Being creative enough to make use of the things you already have on hand is not a common skill - especially in this day and age.

That's so funny about the rainbow wig!!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 21:03:29 )
I have a mohawk and I think it would look so cool rainbow! Like a rainbow coming out of my head! XD
But my hair doesn’t dye well so I would want to get it professionally bleached, and probably professionally colored too, but who has that money!? OnO

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 21:05:27 )

I don't think of it as anything special. But I'll take the compliment, thank you ^ -^

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 21:11:46 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: Half a box would be a blessing to be able to buy. If the stuff didn't go weird after an hour it would be worth the whole box... also, I definitely love my hair rn so I'm not actually too worried what other people think!

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 21:17:16 )
Hello 0v7 ! I hope you’re well.

Being crafty and clever are pretty impressive. Not a lot of people can think those ways and figure things out. It takes a special kind of intelligence

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 22:09:37 )

Well thank you. :]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 13:51:40 )
Good morning!
I hope everyone had a restful evening.
Does anyone have any plans for the day today?
I'm still trying to wake up and figure out what my day is going to look like, realistically. But first, caffeine! :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 14:28:48 )

Same xD getting my caffeine. Woke up mad late and just barely got my oldest to class in time. She's sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast in her zoom meeting. They're going to Grandma's today for Halloween stuff. A tiny party tomorrow with people all cleared of covid. And they have their masks xD

Today they've got costume parties over zoom and the teachers sent candy. And then hubby and I are going to order food and relax together with the baby.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 14:31:53 )
@Shadami: Well, it sounds like your morning chaos is controlled now, so that's good. I'm happy to hear that the kids have a couple of Halloween activities to look forward to, and your evening sounds wonderful, TBH! <3

I should probably figure out what Halloween is really going to be like here this year.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 14:44:02 )
"The future must know where you've been."

Good morning! I'm getting sick, slowly but surely. TwT

"The past predicts the state you're in!"
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 14:55:26 )
@0v7: Good morning! I'm sorry to hear that! Are you doing anything to combat it?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 15:19:06 )

My prediction is we're ordering Chinese for dinner. Mmmmm I look forward to it

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 15:28:12 )

@Shadami: LOL! I can't remember the last time I had chinese... YUM! What do you usually get?

Speaking of food... I need to go find something to eat other than the Halloween-themed sugar cookies that apparently were breakfast this morning /eyeroll/

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 15:41:04 )
Good Morning~ Oh jeez, Halloween is tomorrow. o_o"
I'm not mentally ready.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.