Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 15:45:28 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: I haven't done much since I'm more keeping an eye on my old man who's not improved much over the past few days >w>;
Maybe I'll make some hot tea with lemon.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 15:51:58 )
@Koah: I'm completely wrestling with this realization today too. I'm really not sure how we got here already, or what to make of it, or what to do about it!!

@0v7: How's grandpa holding up? Tea with lemon is always a good thing! :3
I'd suggest some vitamin C and zinc too, if you have it around. Echinacea is another thing that usually helps (again, if you happen to have it)

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 15:54:55 )

I usually get general tso's chicken, chicken lo mein and chicken and broccoli. Cause I clearly like chicken xD.

We get it so rarely that we end up with the same dishes constantly. But we'll eat almost everything on the menu. Buffets are my favorite but I'm always sick after cause I eat to much lmao

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 15:57:05 )
@Wildfire: yeah, That's how I'm feeling. I know, once Halloween hits, all the seasonal holidays coming storming through. o_e"

I need coffee. :O

Chinese food sounds so good. and I just woke up.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 15:57:22 )

@Wildfire: He seems to be feeling well enough to be out of his temporary bed - the couch, during the day, but his cough sounds awful still. I'm worried he'll rupture his other ear drum D:

I do have echinacea tea! I'll make some once I finish more of my DV dailies - I just had a hot cup of tea with local honey in it, to hopefully soothe my throat.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 16:33:59 )
@0v7: I just like doing the DV dailies that involve playing games. lol.
I did a full streak of completing almost All of them, but my ambition on that site dropped. I should post more in their forums or something. But now I see there are the guilds.

Tea sounds good too. You reminded me I have a jar of homemade honey from my friend's property. I wish I could share it, it's quite a bit.
Got a scratchy throat?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 16:37:06 )

@Koah: The only reason why I do dailies every day is because I want those tatos so I can buy art >:3
Guilds look fun but that requires being social >w>

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 16:59:29 )

I'm of the opinion that as long as you eat food at breakfast time it's breakfast. Lunch dinner ect. So chinese food is perfectly fine for breakfast. XD

Of course I usually end up eating something small like eggs later on though.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 17:08:12 )

I go with a similar principle - when I wake up, it's morning. 3pm? Morning. 8pm? Morning. 10am? Morning.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 17:14:01 )
I'm eating a bagel and cream cheese and drinking coffee.

I'm an early riser compared to you guys. lol. I am usually up by 7am. o3o"

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 17:15:32 )

I usually get up at 6am ehehe - I've been sleeping in (8am) lately because I've been going to bed so late and not sleeping well as a result >w>

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 17:21:55 )
I relate. Lately, I've been going to bed early. It's harder for me to sleep in now that my kids are adjusted to their school schedule. They're so loud in the morning. e.e
When they get loud, my huskies wake up and start going nuts.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 17:25:09 )

I've been waking up a lot in the night 'cause my grandpa's sleeping in the living room so he can remain elevated... and he coughs SO loud that it scares me half to death >w>; Though last night, I woke up at 3am because I was super dehydrated. Oops.

I can't imagine waking up to loud kiddos and dogs is the best way to wake up >w>;;;

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 17:49:51 )

Eh.... i'd sleep until 10 if i could. xD I try to be up by 7 at the latest to make breakfast for the kids before I have to sit down at 8 with the oldest to do her morning schoolwork with her while the baby terrorizes us. (she likes to yell at her big sister like she's helping with the schoolwork.) But I've been sleeping in until 8 so we've just barely been in time for class at 9 xD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 18:09:37 )
Sorry for not being too chatty today. I got a lot on my mind today.
Then randomly, my dogs just barked like someone was at the door. There was no one. It was weird. My house is sort-of in the country/edge of town. I got a big driveway. My tree outside is shedding like crazy. Leaves EVERYWHERE. and twigs. it's annoying. I have a feeling a branch or twig hit the door from the wind.
3 huskies doing the 'intruder' bark is ... terrifying. XD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 18:10:56 )

I have the opposite - without my pup around, I can hear knocks and it's unsettling to not hear a bark o_o;
Also, it's okay if you're not chatty! Take your time to take care of yourself :3

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 18:28:10 )
My dogs don't bark, they usually talk or whine. so hearing them Bark is strange.
I got some Halloween prepping to do for tomorrow for my littles. I bought my son a costume he's going to REALLY like, but the only size available was twice his size. I need to try and make it fit him. XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 18:31:19 )

I've been doing that all week too. I'm almost out of thread xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 19:17:15 )
@Shadami: Obviously you like chicken! :3 LOL - I do the same thing when we go to (or order from) our favorite restaurant ... there's always one or two favorites that I end up getting because it was probably months since the last time I had it!

@Koah: Yeah, I don't even want to think about Christmas etc.!!

@0v7: Oh good - I'm glad you have echinacea and local honey - that should help!!

I ... cleaned? ... reorganized? ... I did stuff to the garage. Ironically, I didn't throw out a whole lot, but I did kinda take inventory, I guess, and reorganize, and have a better place to start with the actual decluttering and reorganizing, etc. And now, I'm pooped!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 19:19:36 )
And my dogs always bark at people at the door, usually bark if FedEx or Amazon or whatever comes through and stops anywhere near the house... they bark at people and dogs on the other side of the street... sometimes people on their bikes, etc. ... and they were barking at the wind (we think) yesterday just before a storm came through... so I understand the weird dog barking thing. They're doing their job, warning us of potential threats, but at the same time...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.