Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:12:20 )

when the girls are chewing with their mouths full I put a youtube video on my phone and blast it and don't let them watch xD

it's their punishment. they only get to listen and they're super nosy. Last for a few days where they actually chew with mouths closed.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:13:31 )
"The future must know where you've been."

DV dailies don't keep my attention either but it's a good way to make potates, so... I do them :'3

I haven't had a full head of long hair since I was 12 lol. The top part of my hair's the longest it's been since then! In middle + high school I had shorter hair, though I was awful at keeping up with short hair so it turned shaggy eventually lol

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:21:53 )

I'm curious to see what i look like with super short hair like yours. but I'm also terrified, because I'm pretty sure it will be awful cause i need my hair to hide my pointy face and GINORMOUS forehead. xD

Not a new thought. I've been debating cutting my hair that short for years.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:26:22 )
@Shadami: Isn't funny how that works? ONE person can boost your confidence and they don't even know it. c: I love that.
I was the quiet kid in school, that had no insecurities. ^.^" So I attracted friends that needed that confidence-boosting. I ended up being bullied for odd things.. like being confident. XDD and my mom married a rich dude, so I was that kid with the big house. e.e"
I've got one girl and one boy. They're just about the same age. My daughter is Always chewing with her mouth open, throws her clothes around, leaves toys everywhere, demands attention. Where my son is the complete opposite.
@0v7: I did half of the DVs today and ignored the stat boost ones. A lot of the ones on the list today, I can't really do. Like do trades and comment on profiles. XD
-
I had short hair for years. I loved it. But it ended up being more maintenance than I expected. I started dying my hair silver about 6 years ago. When my hair was short, I had to dye it more often or it looked silly.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:29:14 )

@Koah: You can comment on your own profile! And also, most people do turnip for turnip trades - basically, one lists a turnip in the marketplace as a trade, you offer the same kind of turnip :0

I wanna have a grey streak of hair... but also, a lot of work for just a streak of hair >w>

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:32:57 )

good morning / afternoon!
how is everyone today

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:33:45 )

Hey there icedchai! I'm doing good today, got a haircut. How are you??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:37:40 )
@koah:
Oh, wouldn't it be nice to be able to just trade bins like that! Good luck with the bin stacking shelves - it seems like a good thing, but sometimes reality is different. Let me know how you like them and how they work out! :3

@0v7:
Congrats on the haircut! It's cute and it looks really comfy & cool. You are not too old for a cut like that at all - there is no such thing!!

@Shadami:
Yes, my sewing skills aren't great, but I could probably manage that kind of storage box. Unfortunately, I'm looking for bigger boxes to temporarilly hold the "Trash/Donate/Sell/Misc" type stuff as I go through it, and besides wanting something durable for that, I don't have any large cardboard boxes (besides, they attract bugs and get soggy and unreliable in the Fl. heat & humidity), and I'd like to be able to reuse them to store the stuff we end up keeping.

The sleep thing you describe is an alternate sleep schedule.It used to be much more common in earlier times, but I have found myself doing that cycle lately.

@icedchai: Hiya.Welcome to the chaos!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:38:14 )

hi 0v7!!
ooo feelin snazzy? haircuts either make me feel super good or super..... not good
and i'm doing good! this has been an unusually good week for me.
i went and got an oil change yesterday and didn't even cry from embarrassment!

@wildfire:
hehe good to be back!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:39:06 )

wow how many times can chai say 'good' in one post,
reading that gave me a headache oof

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:40:00 )

@Wildfire: Thank you!! I dunno why I thought I was too old for this kinda haircut lol

@icedchai: I used to hate haircuts until I made up my own haircut to style/maintain, now I like doing my hair :0
I'm proud of you :D I get super nervous when going out, especially if it's a doctor's visit >w>

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:41:58 )
@0v7: I get that. I'm about to attempt to get my hair back to silver... but I keep putting it off because of the level of work to do it. D: Just to do a streak would be tough with shorter hair. I think, anyway. You'd have to buy a box dye for such little amount of hair.

@icedchai: Hello! Good Morning! C: I'm good today. This thread is busy enough that it's taken my mind off my problems for a few minutes. haha. :D
@Wildfire: The problems I'm facing is that my bins that are full, are all different sizes :T HM... I was thinking just cheap garage shelves from walmart or home depot or something. -shrugs-

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:43:09 )

@Koah: I've got long hair on top! The pic I took was with my hair in a bun lol
I'll probably have to get a box dye either way 'cause my Walmart doesn't sell kits for just a streak... >w>

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:45:14 )
I think being edgy is usually just associated with teens and young adults. So I get where you were coming from on that. My favorite adult friend is a hairdresser, and her hair is always Edgy af. She's got grown kids. Then I met a famous photographer, her whole look was edgy. She's easy to remember. I love it. :D
I bought 2 box dyes recently. My motivation to do it is .. so low. XD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:48:24 )

My whole look is punk... maybe????? I scare kids for some reason, even tho I'm a short dude with a non-threatening face. lol
I'm leaning towards not dyeing my hair 'cause I just got a cool haircut, and I don't wanna make my hair TOO distracting >w>

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:54:31 )
I get that. :3
I love that punk look though. You rock it~ :DD

I'll brb guys, I want to go chill out and read a book for a bit.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:58:54 )

you're making me want a cool punk hairstyle!
my sister sent me a giftcard for overtone, a color depositing conditioner
but i've had it for months and i still can't make up my mind what color to go for
i'm thinking purple

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:59:55 )
Purple is so fun! :D Doooo iiiit.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 19:04:38 )

i wanna see if i can achieve a dark to light purple ombre
but if i can't, it might look completely whack
or should i do light to dark purple? hmmm

i'm so indecisive it eventually leads to me two years later still contemplating lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 19:42:47 )

Kids went crazy sorry i disappeared suddenly. Let's see if I can remember everything i just read to comment back on xD

The 4 hour 4 hour sleep schedule has been working wonders for me. When I can actually get to it. instead of just 4 hours a day xD oh well.

Confidence boosting random comments are the best <3 I try to say things like that in the hopes it will help someone even if it's something small and I don't see the person again.

Ohhhh you need big storage bins. yeah i buy those ones xD I was just talking about little organizational bins for shelves and such. I'm hoping to measure the top of a bookshelf and figure out what size wood I need to continue it vertically with an extended book shelf. I'm hoping to get all my kids books set up soon. That's the goal anyways. I've got soooo much organization still to do. But yeah mostly I've been making the cardboard bins cause i can right now.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.