Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:43:15 )
@icedchai: Absolutely! I actually deal with the sun much better since I've moved to Florida. I think it's the constant mini-exposures (& practice dealing with it) more than anything else. And, I'm one of those who likes getting some sun (it's healthy) and don't really like wearing sunscreen, but I'm also fair, so I need to be careful. And sometimes, regardless of how aware and diligent I try to be, sunburn happens... and it's uncomfortable.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:46:32 )
@Shadami: Wow. That is definitely a lot! No wonder you're having a rough time of things! <3 I'm so sorry!! But now you have a new house and a new perspective... things to decorate and arrange and hubby has a job, so it seems like things are definitely improving for you! <3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:49:03 )

I sure hope things continue to move in the right direction :) I'm probably going to be moving a good majority of the boxes to the garage (t.t I have a garage now!! T.T) so they're out of sight and don't cause me stress. Bring in a box or two every day to focus. And just get things done.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:49:45 )

I have never had a garage in my entire life. It's such a strange realization. When it snows this Friday I don't have to clear the car off. So. Weird.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:51:37 )
@Shadami: that sounds like a very good plan! I'm kind of in the opposite situation - trying to declutter! - but the end result of "stuff everywhere" is the same (& the stress from having there be stuff everywhere)... so I understand! One step at a time. One box at a time...

LOL! <3 Garages FTW?!!!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:53:00 )
Omg, I want a garage! T.T
Snowy cars are lame

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:53:29 )

Oh it's some major decluttering needed xD I was so fed up with trying to pack for a year because I knew we'd be moving by summers end one way or another and the older two were just like "DESTROY EVERYTHING!" That I gave up and shoved it all in boxes. There's trash and dirty clothes and recycling in the boxes and I couldn't be bothered to try to deal with it all in the last week before the move.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:54:42 )

Snowy cars is something I'm just used to. My husband is still parking in the driveway because we're still like oh yeah we have a garage opener ... Oh well. Maybe next time. But it's gonna snow Friday so I think we'll actually be using it for the first time. He's not had a garage in his life either xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:57:22 )
LOL - we still find the ocassional box like that! Oops! Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:00:29 )
I changed my forum theme to circus because I’m so excited for Halloween!!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:02:13 )

XD oh GOD that makes me realize mine is still on Valentine's day and I usually use blackout.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:04:09 )

Hehe. I just emptied a box the other day that was dirty dishes. I even washed them.

Which..omg

I have a dishwasher. T.t my dad installed a dishwasher because he knows hard utterly exhausted I've been the last two years and how upset and bad place I was getting. Some stuff is still hand wash . And the cabinets aren't organized yet so putting away things has been wonky. But I no longer have mountains of dishes piling up cause I can only do so much in 24 hours.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:10:27 )
@Shadami: Valentine’s Day!?
I’m usually just on the regular one; but I do like the themes sometimes for holidays. I thought the trick or treating theme was too black though; white/light avatars look alarming! I like a medium theme best

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:10:51 )
@Lina: For whatever reason, I keep forgetting we can change the theme.
@Shadami: dishes. They are the bane of my housekeeping existence. >.>

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:15:34 )

ahh, great idea.
reminded me to change my theme too,
wish i wouldv'e done it sooner!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:22:49 )
@icedchai: but why do we need to reenter the password to change our site theme? I'm too tired right now to deal, so I guess I'm staying with the default theme for the time being - lol!

I do need to go cook though. I should do that. (I don't want to - somebody want to cook for me tonight?)

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:25:56 )

@wildfire:
i just delete what's pre-entered in the password box and then submit changes
cause i agree, too much work lol

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 23:06:17 )
Oh!
If you have your passwords saved they automatically fill in, but on the theme settings page it auto fills in the change password instead. So you have to delete it every time you change theme unless you want to change your password.
It’s a weird glitch

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 23:12:42 )

@lina:
thank you! that's what i was trying to say but you had the right words!
it took me a while to figure that one out lol, i was screaming at my screen,
"what do you want from me!!!!! i don't understand you!!!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 23:16:00 )
I went to make dinner.

@icedchai: Good to know it's not just me. Too much work - lol!

@Lina: Ah - thank you. I didn't look at it closely enough, tbh, and your explanation clarifies things!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.