Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:14:39 )
I should be full recovered by Saturday, maybe not my poor throat.
Friends and I got VIP tickets to a drag show. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:15:51 )

@Wildfire: Normal resting heart rate is like 70 (I have an Apple Watch to tell me this) and when it happens it shoots up to about 125. It's that way for about 20 mins. It's awful. Feels like fight or flight and I keep wondering what's wrong. But there is no dizziness, or fainting, or pain. ECG was normal and I can also take them on my watch too. I think I'm still considered young. I'm 31. ^^;
I'm on day 8 out of 13. I was going to do 14 which is the limit, but I'm flying back that day, so there would be no time to drop it off for shipping cause it's a 6-hour flight plus 3-hour time difference + travel times to and from the airports.
I'm still going through them quickly, but I knew this current class was going to take me a long time because I had looked up what others said about the class on reddit and Facebook. Tends to take people about twice as long as other classes plus the time I had to set aside for health issues and travel. I'm almost done with reading the textbook.

Wow there is a lot going on in your life. Maybe Sept will be chiller. My Dad's garden in south FL is half dead cause they haven't gotten rain in 2 weeks. I couldn't believe it! It's summer, it's suppose to rain daily. He's been watering it every other day at least.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:24:30 )
@Another Movie Addict: lol - you'll want your throat to be feeling better for that!

@Totalanimefan: lol - yes, I'd still consider you "young" :3 XD That's quite a spike, tbh... I hope the monitor gets some good data for you - things your physician can use to help. You're not the first one I've heard of who's experiencing something like that lately... including a few teenagers.

Yeah, my garden keeps going from dry as a bone to utterly swamped. There's very little in-between. And there's something out there eating my leaves... but it's hard to do anything about it when you never know whether or not the typical Florida torrential rains are going to come by and wash away whatever you've put on or around the plants to help get rid of the things eating your veggies!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:31:14 )

@Wildfire: Thank you. I'm glad that it's not more serious, but I feel like it's also hard to know treatment options. Cause it's not all the time I don't know if drugs are the answer, but also I would like it to go away. It happened randomly on the airplane and it made me want to jump out the plane because the higher heart rate + economy made me feel trapped. I have heard of it happening to all ages, and it makes me very concerned for others who have it, not just myself. And while there is a lot of data coming in fast, it takes time to evaluate it and lots of hypotheses, but not yet clear solutions.

I've heard of that from a lot of places around the world this year, like in England for example. It's not good for the soil to go from bone dry to flooding. Is there netting you could use for your plants?

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:31:32 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, maybe I should remove the commons from the thread and just do them in the spreadsheet, way easier to update
And then just do the orb, crate, and event items in the thread - those don't need the specific characters mentioned ^^

There's a link to my quest thread in my signature if you're curious, lol, it's pretty bonkers since I'm trying to catch up on stuff from the beginning of the site being around xDDD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:41:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah... I could try putting up netting but ... HOA... and although they're not horrible, I don't want to push them too much either. Fortunately, we've had enough rain now (once the rainy season started) that it's not quite "desert" to "swamp" extremes, but sometimes it kinda feels like it, and it's enough that I'm not sure my plants know quite what to do XD

@Alchemists Fire: lol... there's something to be said for "simple" :3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:43:46 )
@Wildfire: Haha, there is definitely something to be said for simple xD

Also I apologize if I disappear and don't reply for the next couple of days, my boyfriend's coming up to visit!!
He won't be here until later today, so I have a few hours of posting, but I'll be away starting tonight and will likely be back on Saturday (he's gotta leave and I'm working from home, so makes it easy to post haha)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:45:42 )

@Wildfire: I didn't know your house was in an HOA. Kinda sucks, but I guess at least you have your garden.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:21:05 )
@Alchemists Fire: Everyone comes and goes around here, so don't worry about that... but YAY! Boyfriend visit!! <3 Do you guys have any plans - places to go, things to do- for while he's visiting??

@Totalanimefan: LOL... I'd rather deal with this HOA than have neighbors turning their front yard in to makeshift auto repair centers and working with their machines through the night :3 [true story]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:24:57 )

@Wildfire: Yes I've seen that happen too XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:26:42 )
@Totalanimefan: ... which is why we chose to live in a "basic" HOA. It's not a completely over-the-top one, but it does stop folks from parking on their lawns XD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:30:24 )
@Wildfire: Kay, I just didn't want there to be any concern when I suddenly don't reply for days in a row xD I've been trying to make a point of spending at least a little time on Voltra every day ^^

It's a short trip, just like 4 days, so no huge plans. We do have a few places we go pretty regularly when he's up here though ^^
He collects Transformers and has started buying 6" action figures for toy photography, so there's a bunch of toy & collectable stores we go and check out.
I'm hoping to go swimming one day, 'cause it's been pretty hot and I miss swimming so much (haven't gone since before the pandemic), and

I'm also hoping to drag him out to a bubble tea place that's kinda far away (but it's not all that far beyond one of the collectables stores), 'cause they're really good and they're the only place I know where you can buy a LITRE of bubble tea xDDDD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:57:06 )
@Alchemists Fire: I appreciate the consideration, and I completely understand <3

It sounds like you have a few fun ideas in mind, but nothing particularly planned. This can be a good thing! A litre of bubble tea?? EEp?!! Holy cow that's a lot of bubble tea at one go!! XD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 21:12:27 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, it's such a short trip I didn't wanna try and plan every second. Funny thing is I think he hates that whereas I have so much of my normal week planned (because of work) that I like having the freedom to do what I feel like xD

Oh, I forgot! I think he's bringing some movies up for us to watch too. And I know one day we have to go visit a friend to pick up an accessory for one of his Transformers, aaaand I think there were loose plans to do poutine for lunch with another friend xD But we'll see xD

Yeah, a litre is a ton, but it lasts all day and is sooo gooood xDD Idk, if we did that we might get a flavour to share, but it's also sort of a thing were he doesn't bubble tea that often so it's a bit of a "get it while you can" thing
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 22:21:26 )
@Alchemists Fire: I tend to do a combination of planning and not... I like to have an idea of what things to do, but generally like to be a little spontaneous about whether or not I actually do it, depending on how I feel, or what I feel like at the time. And sometimes, you can't help but to plan to do a thing... because tickets and reservations and stuff XD

... and movies. That's always a nice "chill" thing to do in the evening (or to binge all day on the couch XD)

Whatever you guys end up doing, it sounds like it'll be a nice weekend(ish) for you both! :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 22:22:16 )

@Wildfire: I wish it was easier to find ones like that. I feel like they normally go from 0 - 100 real quick lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 22:59:48 )
@Totalanimefan: Sometimes, yeah, but I really can't complain about this HOA too much. Yeah, there are times when I think they're seeing things or making things up ("your driveway is dirty"... "duuuuuh... it's under a tree!") but I'd rather deal with that than an impromptu repair shop next door :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 23:09:01 )

@Wildfire: Mine as a teen was like if your tree fell during the hurricane you have to put the tree debris by your mailbox, not just at the nearest curb. My family was like F that. We were on a corner and a 80 ft tree fell in the backyard. I was not about to more than double the amount I had to walk just for that rule when it would be picked up in two days. (It was about 40 hours worth of work and there was no power so we worked sun up to sun down)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/17 11:53:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Around hurricanes and the cleanup, the HOA should just shut up, imo... people have bigger things to worry about than where, exactly, to pile the debris :3 Some HOAs are very controlling and full of themselves. Others aren't - they're just there to keep basic standards up. :3 I'm sorry to hear that the one you had when you were younger was the unrealistic, controlling kind.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/17 11:54:30 )

Good morning everyone :3

It is, as they say, hump day! What are you doing on this mid-week day of days??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.