Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 01:33:05 )
@Wildfire: life is a bully and i am a victim currently. So I will overcome and move forward as soon as i stop grieving.
My dog took a nasty health turn over this last weekend and she needed to be put down. :(
Anyhow, just trying to switch my mindset to be happier again.

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 03:39:33 )

Hullo~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 13:01:44 )
@Koah: oh no! :( I'm truly sorry to hear about the Pooch!! :(
Are other things starting to sort themselves out and settle down yet or are you still in the middle of that storm too?

@Justice: hullo. :3 How are you today?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 15:10:06 )
@Wildfire: storm is still raging and my mood really doesn't help.
My kids don't feel the storm or see my struggling, so that's good.
How are you doing ? Life there going alright?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 21:31:40 )
@Koah: I'm sorry to hear that the storm is still raging over there for you. I'm glad it hasn't begun seeping out to the kids though... that's a tough thing to do some times. I really hope things start calming down for you soon! <3

Things here are... I'm not sure what adjectives to use, tbh - meh? chaotic? frustrating? ... I don't know, but I've been stressed lately. :(

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 02:00:13 )

@Wildfire:
i'm okay~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 12:09:27 )
@Justice: just "ok"??

Good morning!
How is everyone today?
Where has everyone been?
What's new and exciting?
What's the weather where you are right now?
Random question: What's your least favorite color and why?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 18:56:25 )
@Wildfire: This seems to be a stressful year for a lot of people. </3 I hope things calm down over there soon for you. <3
yesterday I got a job offer out of state for the season, so I think I'm going to take it to supplement bills and fix my mental health. I'll be staying with my mom for a couple of months. Then I can come home in a couple/few months feeling a bit more accomplished. My kids are all for it, they love going to grandma's.

OMG. I just saw a quail running down my sidewalk rail. jeez... looked comical.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 18:58:54 )
@Wildfire: My least favorite color is turquoise. lol. My favorite color is dusty blue which is close enough that people buy me turquoise stuff. e.e

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/24 03:33:09 )

@Wildfire:
yeah~
things have been
pretty tough lately

it happens tho~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/24 13:03:04 )
@Koah: Ahhh... a temp job out of state could be interesting! It sounds like you need it for your own sanity and change of perspective... like you could use the time to both reset yourself and to rediscover parts of yourself that may have been covered up a bit with everything else the last few months. A place to stay and (presumably) help with the kids from grandma helps :3 I hope it works out for you.

I have been feeling a lot like that lately too - like I want to rent a cabin in the woods for a month -alone- to reclaim my sanity and get back in touch with myself. I just might do it, if I can find a reasonable place to be! :3

Why is this year so weird for people? I mean, yeah, I get that some of the more global and political song-and-dance / sleight-of-hand routines are cause for stress right now for a lot of people, but there has to be more to it than that, doesn't there? Are we all just at a point where we're processing through the inevitable ptsd from the previous couple of years?

LOL at the quail running down your sidewalk. They are funny little things aren't they? I don't know that I've seen wild quail tbh... certainly not recently. Hmmm...

Your friends and family must be a bit colorblind if turquoise = dusty blue!! XD ... but "yay" for trying?? XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/24 13:11:14 )
@Justice: I'm sorry to hear that things have been pretty tough for you recently. :( Is everything "ok" - like nothing horribly, horribly, life-changingly tough, right? - I hope??

You seem to have a good perspective though - there are definite ups and downs (and sometimes a curlique!) to life...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/25 01:02:08 )
@Wildfire: i think you should take a mini vacation for yourself and do a reset. Being out in the woods is a nice way to clear the mind.
Ive definitely noticed a lot of my friends are trying to relearn how to work in person or be social in groups and it stresses them out. And i feel like stress/anxiety is contagious.
I think my baby cries a lot because of how tense I've been myself. Which just causes me more stress.
Im going to my old stomping grounds in Wyoming. It will likely feel like a reset. Hopefully. And working will definitely encourage old parts of me to reawaken. I used to be a salesman and now i stutter and him and haw when i talk to people. Uhg

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/25 22:13:51 )
@Koah: Yeah, I agree - it does seem like a lot of people are going through a weird rough patch, doesn't it? - socially, but also emotionally, etc. It's a strange time to be alive...

You definitely sound stressed. I'm glad that you're going "back home" for a little while. I really hope it helps you reset :3 <3

... and yes, I will likely take some time to go hang out in the woods or something really soon. In the meantime, I'm trying to make some adjustments here, in my daily life, that should help. Little steps...

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/26 05:54:45 )

@Wildfire:
yeah i mean i suppose things could be worse
just in a hard spot to be in and just to keep
working through. hoping by this time next
year things will be a lot better~

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/26 21:51:38 )
@Wildfire: i am seeing weather news and thinking of you.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/27 13:43:00 )
@Koah: Yeah, thank you... hurricane Ian is looking like it's going to be as direct a hit as you can get, and the ground is already soggy with all the rain we've had recently. Ugh.

See you on the other side. :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/27 16:40:56 )
@Wildfire: be safe! And good luck. :0
Post when you can, im worried about ya.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/27 17:40:12 )
@Koah: thank you. <3
The hurricane shifted south a bit... which is much better for us!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 13:43:04 )
<---------- my breakfast this morning........ but there's plenty, so I'm happy to share! XD
.... Or, maybe you would prefer something along these lines?

Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well today.
Hurricane Ian has shifted more to my south, so although we're not free from its effects, they should be lesser than initially expected. It's currently raining -but just a little bit - and there's no obvious wind... but the day is just beginning and this is just the beginning of the storm. We're all shuttered up and as ready as we can be, and will just hunker down and deal with things as they come...

What is your day looking like?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.