Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/14 14:03:46 )
Also, good morning everyone. (<------ it seems like a "cold pizza for breakfast" kind of day to me so far :3 )

What is on your "to do list" today?
I have some menu planning to do, some cooking and general preparation for the next week, but I also have some creative experiments to do, some cleaning up around the house, etc. And I'm guessing that I'm going to have to go get my son from a friend's house (an hour away) but we'll see about that.

I still haven't gotten any orbs or orb items... I should probably change that :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/14 20:45:14 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: for real. makes Me glad I never broke a bone. tho a pain to heal right smack in the middle of summer.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/14 22:59:46 )
@Wildfire: Today has been a good day, at least. A nice calm day at work, which is something I'm totally not used to lol. Usually I'm always putting out little fires, so today was nice. Switching back and forth? Sounds like my normal day at work too. xD Hope your week goes well for you.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 02:38:41 )
@Wildfire: I'm very much divided attention right now as I'm playing D&D and also trying to update my commons wishlist xDDD

I think my biggest problem is I keep updating it in a spreadsheet instead of in my thread, so the thread's getting out of date.

I got up to like 15k Volts and I've now spent like 10k, haha, so it's time to do some posting again!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 11:48:51 )
@MoodyB: Yeah... it didn't look like much fun when my son broke his arm.

@Aisukohi: Thanks Aisu. Yeah, it seems like I'm always switching gears between at least a couple of different things. You too, huh? Congrats on the nice calm day at work! I hope you get more of them! :3

@Alchemists Fire: lol. Wishlists are tough to keep track of, imo... but a spreadsheet? Obviously, it seems to work for you (even if keeping the thread up to date is a little off), but that's far too organized for me! XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 23:13:39 )

@Wildfire: Yes your avatar. ^^
I'm, uh, stressed. Close to finishing school, it's crunch time, but I also traveled to CA and is there for a week (right now) cause I'm apart of a wedding that's happening this Sat. Also had to go to the cardiologist last Monday. I have random high resting heart rate, and it's new to me. Post-covid. And when I had covid I had high resting heart rate the whole time. My Dr said it's becoming more common with her patients.
Anyway, so I have to wear a heart monitor for two weeks. That includes while traveling and while at the wedding and while it's crunch time at school. What I would give to have nothing going on right now haha.

How are you doing?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 23:32:00 )
Guess who has covid. =w=

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 00:31:01 )

@Another Movie Addict: Oh no! How do you feel?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 00:43:08 )
very not good

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 04:01:30 )
@Wildfire: Wishlists are definitely a pain to keep track of, especially when I want so many things in so many different colours, and some of the colours will be shared between characters but some won't xD

Spreadsheets have always worked really nicely for keeping me organized, I actually find them easier to deal with than a thread xD I almost wish I could just link and be like "here's my spreadsheet", but it's tricky to do without everyone suddenly being able to edit it and bleh.

I'm wondering whether I should get everything up to date in the spreadsheet and then go back and edit the thread to match, rather than trying to keep the spreadsheet matching the thread xD
Or another option would be to just update the thread with the volt totals for each character

Or I guess I could also just not have the commons listed in the quest thread, and only worry about the crate, orb, and event items?
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 13:21:18 )
@Totalanimefan: That sucks about the heart rate, but yeah - I've heard/seen/read that it's a thing now -some side effect of the virus or the shots or something- ... especially in younger people. Can I ask what this new, higher resting heart rate for you is? I'm curious... but please don't feel pressured in to telling me - it's part of you personal medical situation/history :3 I've had friends who have had to wear heart monitors like that - it's a bit weird and a little uncomfortable, but it's do-able, from what I understand. How long have you had it on already? I hope it isn't going to complicate the wedding for you.

Crunch time for school. I'm kind of surprised that you haven't finished it yet at the rate you were flying through the classes... but you knew this was a possibility. Are your current classes going well at least?

Me... hmmm... let's see... my youngest has started his classes at college this week and is trying to get his vehicle fixed (and hasn't, which means that I'm his chauffeur atm for these 8am classes three towns away, because I'm not trusting him with my slightly wonky, much-different from what he's used to driving car... and because of what he's done to his last couple trucks). My other son just started technical school. The dog is in a cone from a surgery to remove a growth on his toe... and he popped the stitches... and we've got to do daily bandage changes ... and that's just all kinds of fun (but honestly, it could be worse - he's doing pretty well with it all, but still...). My garden is ... I'm not sure. Something came through and ate the leaves from most of my plants - at least twice now! and it's hot and rainy and ...
I don't know - there's a lot going on and it seems like nothing is getting done and ... blergh.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 13:26:09 )
@Another Movie Addict: again, huh? uht-oh. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling very well. :(

@Alchemists Fire: Hey- if the spreadsheet thing works for you, it works! Personally, I would keep the spreadsheet as the "main list" and make the thread reflects my goals based from the spreadsheet... and I wouldn't bother putting common items in the thread at all. If you're building specific characters, then a total price for each character seems a reasonable addition to have -but in the spreadsheet, not in the thread, and I would probably just list all the orb or crate or event items in the thread, without any mention of the specific characters you're trying to create... but that's just me. :3 It sounds like you have quite a bit on that wishlist of yours!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 14:28:15 )
@Wildfire: Yeah this is my second time with the beast. This time though it's been rough.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 16:36:18 )
@Another Movie Addict: It's harder on you this time around than the first? That's a bit unusual... the virus is getting weaker, overall, as it mutates...
Regardless, I'm sorry to hear it and hope you feel better soon! :3 Think you picked it up at the Con, or at work, or...??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 16:50:48 )
I picked it up at the con. But I also overworked my body while being sick, not realizing I had covid. Took two tests and got false negatives. So I went to work, and that was a very bad idea.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:01:08 )
@Another Movie Addict: So work was the final straw...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:02:43 )
Yep. I pushed myself too hard, and not it's taking longer to get better.

TwT my poor throat has been ripped to shreds from the coughing.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:08:29 )
honeyed tea should help with the throat, but yeah...I feel ya. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. :(

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:10:03 )
I just need to be better by Saturday, because of plans I made weeks ago.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:13:35 )
How are you feeling - like you might be done with this by then?
What plans do you have for Saturday?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.